Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood champion Scott Pendlebury will play on next season after progressing in talks with the club about a new contract for next season.The Magpies are finalising a deal to keep the brilliant ballwinner in black and white for a remarkable 20th AFL season next year.

Collingwood champion Scott Pendlebury will play on next season after progressing in talks with the club about a new contract for next season.The Magpies are finalising a deal to keep the brilliant ballwinner in black and white for a remarkable 20th AFL season next year.

I would have given Pendles a two year deal. The way he prepares and looks after his body is just rare. He could easily go on for another 2 years, and continue to help coach and develop the young talent on our list.
I have no doubt he will break the games record, and what a great days his 400th and 433rd games will be!!
I also believe his current injury is a blessing in disguise, as it will keep him refreshed for his return after the bye, and really set him up for a big second half of the season.
In saying that l hate to imagine the depression l'm going to feel once he says that's enough and hangs up the boots. We all won't know what to do, l think.
His career will be long celebrated at the Pies and throughout the league once that sad day arrives.
I read an article by Robbo today, talking about Pendles should be a coaching target for Tassie. I think that would be a fantastic appointment for the Tassie franchise, as l think Pendles is one of those rare players who could go straight into a senior coaching role. Hopefully one day, however, he is coaching the Pies at some point of his coaching career.

I would have given Pendles a two year deal. The way he prepares and looks after his body is just rare. He could easily go on for another 2 years, and continue to help coach and develop the young talent on our list.
I have no doubt he will break the games record, and what a great days his 400th and 433rd games will be!!
I also think his current injury is a blessing in disguise, as it will keep him refreshed for his return after the bye, and really set him up for a big second half of the season.
In saying that l hate to imagine the depression l'm going to feel once he says that's enough and hangs up the boots. We all won't know what to do l think. His career will be long celebrated at the Pies and throughout the league once that sad day arrives.
I read an article by Robbo today, talking about Pendles should be a coaching target for Tassie. I think that would be a fantastic appointment for the Tassie franchise, as l think Pendles is one of those rare players who could go straight into a senior coaching role. Hopefully one day, however, he is coaching the Pies at some point of his coaching career.
Perhaps Pendles only wanted a one year contract. I'd give him whatever HE wants.

Yes that's definitely the approach of all clubs. With saying that it would be a fair assumption that Pendles isn't the normal 30 plus something footballer. The guy is a freak of nature who defies time....
Maybe. But I get the sense next year will be his final year. He wants to take a year off post footy before going into coaching. And in a recent podcast I get the sense, if it wasnt this year, next year would be his last.

Maybe. But I get the sense next year will be his final year. He wants to take a year off post footy before going into coaching. And in a recent podcast I get the sense, if it wasnt this year, next year would be his last.
I agree Pendles will retire at the end of next year.
What a way to finish with 3 successive flags.

As long as he goes somewhere else in the meantime - no more "favourite sons" coaching us with nil experience anywhere
Pendles has made it very clear that's what he's doing before taking on a senior coaching role. I'm sure he's also said that he, Alex & the kids want to take time off to travel first too.

I also believe his current injury is a blessing in disguise, as it will keep him refreshed for his return after the bye, and really set him up for a big second half of the season.
In saying that l hate to imagine the depression l'm going to feel once he says that's enough and hangs up the boots. We all won't know what to do, l think.
His career will be long celebrated at the Pies and throughout the league once that sad day arrives.

Happy to take it a year at a time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could potentially play his 400th game against Richmond. If that happens, I hope the Pies fans can turn out in full force and we get a 90,000+ crowd like Martin had for his 300th.

Would have to play tomorrow and every subsequent game to get to 400 at round 20 against the Tigres. If, as expected, he returns post bye, it'll be round 21 against the scum.

He had his fingers wrapped yesterday. When did he hurt them?
I'm pretty sure he always has them wrapped after his 2019 (?) finger injury. I recall him going on radio one time and the severity of it sounded pretty extreme.

My completely unfounded theory is that he doesn't go on his right foot as much because of that finger injury.

I agree Pendles will retire at the end of next year.
What a way to finish with 3 successive flags.
In his own words “don’t you want to be a part of this” in reference to our 4peat the machine equaling quest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back