Scott v Hinkley: Who would you rather?

Remove this Banner Ad

S_Saed17

Debutant
Jul 10, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
The two losing prelim finalist coaches who have both been at their respective clubs a fair while

Chris Scott - Regular season (169W 65L 2D = 71.6% ) Finals (10W 15L = 40% )

Ken Hinkley - Regular season (116W 77L = 60.1% ) Finals (5W 5L = 50% )

If you had to choose, who would you rather have coach your club heading in 2022?

Remember when looking at finals win/loss percentage, it's mathematically expected that teams in 3rd and 4th would win 1 and lose 2 every year.

For example, this year Geelong won 1, lost 2 at 33%. They started finals in 3rd, lost to 1st and 2nd, and finished in 3rd.

GWS on the other hand won 1 and lost 1 at 50%, but we're eliminated by Geelong.

We all have this year's finals in our memories, and know that Geelong clearly had a better finals series than GWS, yet if we didn't have context, and were to only look at W/L ratio it (33% vs 50%) it would seem that GWS was better.

Remember when looking at finals win/loss percentage, it's mathematically expected that teams in 3rd and 4th would win 1 and lose 2 every year.

For example, this year Geelong won 1, lost 2 at 33%. They started finals in 3rd, lost to 1st and 2nd, and finished in 3rd.

GWS on the other hand won 1 and lost 1 at 50%, but we're eliminated by Geelong.

We all have this year's finals in our memories, and know that Geelong clearly had a better finals series than GWS, yet if we didn't have context, and were to only look at W/L ratio it (33% vs 50%) it would seem that GWS was better.

That’s pretty fair , but the other side of the coin is that geelong had more opportunities to win a game than gws

there's literally 3 players from the 2011 flag team. 4 from the list.

I love the implication that it’s his fault that he came into a job where the majority of the squad had been there the year before. What should he have done, put a clause in his initial contract requesting that the squad be dismantled and that he start from scratch?

both port and Geelong’s prelim sides this weekend featured 3 players who played under the previous coach.

there's literally 3 players from the 2011 flag team. 4 from the list.
Scott took over top team

Hinkley didn't

Facts

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott is about to send his club into a 10 year rebuild, politians have nothing on this guy with the sheer amount of bullshit spin that comes out of his mouth. I don;t know how supporters tollerate this fraud.

Hinkley at least played this kids, however like Geelong the players are mentally weak.

Scott is about to send his club into a 10 year rebuild, politians have nothing on this guy with the sheer amount of bullshit spin that comes out of his mouth. I don;t know how supporters tollerate this fraud.

Hinkley at least played this kids, however like Geelong the players are mentally weak.
Brad was a great spin doctor too

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott v Hinkley: Who would you rather?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back