Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

dont think anyone has beaten them up only a cowardly act at thurgoona behind play to one player who was half his size but if you think that is beaten up you havent seen nothing
Hardly a cowardly act when the player who ended up on the turf was in the the dogs player faced calling him a fat c%^t and everything else while running at him. and hardly behind the play when the thurgoona player was on the mark. And hardly an incident when 4 umpires a goal umpire and several players in close proximity didn't see anything. So getting facts right would be a good start.

There has been a lot of crap on here of late men lets get the shit off an talk about the onfield action!
SugarRay11 any news on those players?? Any other clubs looking to make any late signings??

There has been a lot of crap on here of late men lets get the shit off an talk about the onfield action!
SugarRay11 any news on those players?? Any other clubs looking to make any late signings??

Agree BigH let's talk about footy.
At the half way mark of the season it is a good time to speculate about what the rest of the season holds, and who is likely to play finals. Looking at the results to date it, to me a few things are clear. Mitta and Kiewa are the best 2 teams in the comp. Rutherglen & Wodonga are going to struggle to win a game. based on these facts, and that the sides in the middle of the ladder are quite even , I have been playing with spreadsheets and the draw again and can tell you what I've come up with as an end of season scenario. basic rules I've applied are Mitta and Kiewa winning, Wod & Ruth losing, and all 50/50 tipped toward home team.
The ladder looks like this:

Kiewa 17 wins
Mitta 16.5 wins
Beechworth 13.5 wins
Dederang 12 wins
Yack 10 wins

Chiltern 9 wins
Tallangatta 9 wins
Barnawartha 8 wins
Thurgoona 8 wins
Wahgunyah 4 wins
Wodonga/Rutherglen either 1 win or 0 wins

The million dollar question is posed in Round 11 when the Saints host Rutherglen. Both teams must surely see this as do or die, and certainly deserves match of the round status. I hope the Border Mail gives the clash its due !!
Another key clash is in Round 12, when Kiewa hosts Mitta. Barring slip-ups, this could be for top spot. Yack also hosts Chiltern in what could ultimately be for 5th spot.

This is all just opinion, and external factors can often bring mathematics undone, however, hoped to generate some discussion.

At the half way mark of the season it is a good time to speculate about what the rest of the season holds, and who is likely to play finals. Looking at the results to date it, to me a few things are clear. Mitta and Kiewa are the best 2 teams in the comp. Rutherglen & Wodonga are going to struggle to win a game. based on these facts, and that the sides in the middle of the ladder are quite even , I have been playing with spreadsheets and the draw again and can tell you what I've come up with as an end of season scenario. basic rules I've applied are Mitta and Kiewa winning, Wod & Ruth losing, and all 50/50 tipped toward home team.

Kiewa 17 wins
Mitta 16.5 wins
Beechworth 13.5 wins
Dederang 12 wins
Yack 10 wins

Chiltern 9 wins
Tallangatta 9 wins
Barnawartha 8 wins
Thurgoona 8 wins
Wahgunyah 4 wins

The million dollar question is posed in Round 11 when the Saints host Rutherglen. Both teams must surely see this as do or die, and certainly deserves match of the round status. I hope the Border Mail gives the clash its due !!
Another key clash is in Round 12, when Kiewa hosts Mitta. Barring slip-ups, this could be for top spot. Yack also hosts Chiltern in what could ultimately be for 5th spot.

This is all just opinion, and external factors can often bring mathematics undone, however, hoped to generate some discussion.

Very Impressive work AP. Surely you could obtain employment in Accounting, Tax, Financial Planning, Statistics or any similar field if you so desired.....

I agree that there are many external factors that can turn mathmatical projections pair-shaped. In the situation of the TDFL, I believe that home ground "advantage" actually counts for sweet F--- A--.

Still, credit where credit is due. I am not coming up with anything better. I do agree that the middle teams are very evenly matched with any result possible on any given day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Tenille(josh,s girlfriend),
Hope when josh turns 18 on Friday that he starts to mature a little.
Dont think theres anything wrong with Buttsy as coach apart from the fact he cant get out on the ground because of a back injury.
And I dont see him on here talkin himself up either.:thumbsu:

maybe you sld take your own advice about growin up?and stick to footy talk and stop bein jealousy as for talkin himself up I was going with facts.isnt that what its all about.:confused:

maybe you sld take your own advice about growin up?and stick to footy talk and stop bein jealousy as for talkin himself up I was going with facts.isnt that what its all about.:confused:

You and Josh have got issues if you think thats what its all about. Maybe instead of gettin on the internet you and josh should just sit in your room & tell each other how good use are

You and Josh have got issues if you think thats what its all about. Maybe instead of gettin on the internet you and josh should just sit in your room & tell each other how good use are

your are all wrong who this mgt be ive been looking at this site for a while and found it to be funny at times and at other times just mean and ive just felt that you are worst then woman in your comments at each other maybe you sld say the things to there faces and not on net as for hes birthday on friday happy 18th maybe you could by him steak knives for hes birthday or one would say there already firmly in hes back.good bye :)

your are all wrong who this mgt be ive been looking at this site for a while and found it to be funny at times and at other times just mean and ive just felt that you are worst then woman in your comments at each other maybe you sld say the things to there faces and not on net as for hes birthday on friday happy 18th maybe you could by him steak knives for hes birthday or one would say there already firmly in hes back.good bye :)

Mate just let it go an move on. You have gave away who u are so what move on an get over it. As for the knives statement, its about giving opinions on here, we can see you rate yourself/ josh an some people dont, time to grow up an get over it, maybe start up again under another name but make sure you learn from your mistakes!!

Kiewa 17 wins
Mitta 16.5 wins
Beechworth 13.5 wins
Dederang 12 wins
Yack 10 wins

Chiltern 9 wins
Tallangatta 9 wins
Barnawartha 8 wins
Thurgoona 8 wins
Wahgunyah 4 wins

Kiewa 17 wins
Mitta 16.5 wins
Beechworth 12.5 wins
Dederang 10 wins
Yack 9 wins

Chiltern 9 wins
Tallangatta 8 wins
Barnawartha 8 wins
Rutherglen 7 wins
Thurgoona 7wins
Wahgunyah 3 wins
Wodonga 0 wins

Have corrected your review of the last half of the season and modified accordingly

Mate just let it go an move on. You have gave away who u are so what move on an get over it. As for the knives statement, its about giving opinions on here, we can see you rate yourself/ josh an some people dont, time to grow up an get over it, maybe start up again under another name but make sure you learn from your mistakes!!

you are all very quick to jump on the band wagon however i stated b4 and i will again have nthin to do with this kid it was just that hes name was on there so i looked around a bit if i knew the other ppls real names i would do the same and rate them and if i thought it was unfair i would have a comment is that not fair to say?:thumbsu:i find this site to be good for some football talk however you all put each other down which isnt healthy for young minds.:)

you are all very quick to jump on the band wagon however i stated b4 and i will again have nthin to do with this kid it was just that hes name was on there so i looked around a bit if i knew the other ppls real names i would do the same and rate them and if i thought it was unfair i would have a comment is that not fair to say?:thumbsu:i find this site to be good for some football talk however you all put each other down which isnt healthy for young minds.:)
Don't take it to heart there girls. It's a public forum site where people get to hide there identity behing the psudonym and try and muck rake crap about other players, clubs people etc........ But thats what the site is about spreading gossip voicing an opinion. The secret is t to not let it get to you. Most of the units that are on here have probably been called worse, probably said worse and probably committed worse in person and on the field (hey almost done, and i hate pre-season:D) If your a bit too sensitive about copping a bit of banter or critisicm this probably isn't the place to be.

Alright lets have a mis season wash up and crystal ball look. feel free to contribute.
best side so far- easily Mitta
Premier end of year- easily Mitta
Biggest surprise- Beechworth
Biggest disappointment- 11 other sides for taking on the Mitta challenge
Top 3 Mitta, KSC, DMB
Biggest 2nd half slider Tallangatta, Beechworth chiltern
Biggest 2nd half improver barny DMB Thurgoona
Barton Medal Day (KSC) Cassidy (Chiltern) Goonan (DMB)
Roughy Wightman (Thurg) Halliday(Beechworth
End of season headline you will see: Mitta win 5 in a row
End of season headline you won't see: Richardson to succeed Bone at KSC
5 Mitta, KSC, DMB, Barny, Beech

Very Impressive work AP. Surely you could obtain employment in Accounting, Tax, Financial Planning, Statistics or any similar field if you so desired.....

I agree that there are many external factors that can turn mathmatical projections pair-shaped. In the situation of the TDFL, I believe that home ground "advantage" actually counts for sweet F--- A--.

Still, credit where credit is due. I am not coming up with anything better. I do agree that the middle teams are very evenly matched with any result possible on any given day.
Don't know about that ther GB go to the Tallangatta website look at competitions then look at team stats it shows team's average scoring for home and away games it clearly shows that there is a home ground advantage. Tell me do you think a chiltern or a thurgoona have a home ground advantage at there homes:cool:

best side so far- Mitta
Premier end of year- Kiewa
Biggest surprise- Beechworth
Biggest disappointment- Yack
Top 3 Mitta, KSC, Beechworth
Biggest 2nd half slider Chiltern, Yack, Barny
Biggest 2nd half improver Wahygunyah, DMB, Thurgoona
Barton Medal Day KSC, Slater Mitta, Osborne Wahgunyah
Roughy Wightman Thurgoona, Knight KSC
End of season headline you will see: Kiewa vs Beechworth Grand Final, Probably not but we need a change from Mitta:D
End of season headline you won't see: Kiewa boys in trouble again for riding the bagagge carousels at the airport!
Top 5 Kiewa, Beechworth, Mitta, Tallangatta, Wahygunyah

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back