Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

I have noticed Al Whitsed playing 2nds for the past few weeks for KSC. This was a bit of a suprise I thought. Has he had poor form, a fallout with the coach, not been training??? Perhaps someone from Kiewa could answer. From what I believe he has been pretty devoted to KSC over the past few years and is definately of senior calibre.

He played in the seniors on the weekend, spent most of the day at fullback

In an attempt to generate some healthy discussion......

after this weekend everbody will have played everybody else

Mitta and KSC sit comfortably on top of the ladder and look to be set for a grand final rematch. And after seeing the hawks go about their business on the weekend I see no reason why they cannot threaten to end Mitta's run of premierships.

Thurgoona, Wahgunyah, Rutherglen and Wodonga Saints will be keen to restore some battered pride and get something out of the remainer of the season. The cats play each of these teams in the next 3 games.

The battle for spots 3,4 & 5 appears very interesting. With DMB, Chiltern, Beechworth, Barnawartha, Tallangatta and Yackandandah all having a realistic chance. The most interesting aspect of this battle is that all these teams are very evenly matched and results really could go either way in games between these teams.

My prediction is that DMB, Beechworth and Barny will round out the top 5 by the end of the season. I feel that Chiltern have overachieved so far this season, but to their credit they keep notching up the wins. In my opinion Yack are just not quite as good as the other 5 teams competing for the final 3 spots in the 5. The hoppers have shown significant improvement this season and can definitely match it with the rest. However with several key players unavailable at various stages over the coming weeks (due to the 4th year physio course placement requirements taking them away from the area), they may be missing some of their best 22 in some crucial "8 point games".

Disagree in regards to Chiltern, I think they are a realistic chance at registering a double chance. We'll know a significant amount more about their finals aspirations after this week against Mitta.
But with gun kids like Dishot they are in a great state.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to post the listed teams from the paper today on here. I don't live in the region and the border website doesn't show them.

Cheers

Disagree in regards to Chiltern, I think they are a realistic chance at registering a double chance. We'll know a significant amount more about their finals aspirations after this week against Mitta.

ok tickets dont go outside its pretty windy:p chiltern is no where near the likes of sides like mitta,kiewa and dederang.They have just got under the radar of a few sides..and only good kids they have is glen woods

cheers for the ego boost shackle. But i'd still have to agree with your views there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played in the seniors on the weekend, spent most of the day at fullback

And wasted at that cats, Big Al has played 2 games in the seconds this year, mainly in the ruck and centre and absolutely dominated. The Seniors just have a glut of big blokes and don't know how to use him.
Comes from Boney's love of little blokes that Al is first to be dropped at selection table.

will see where beechworth are at this week. it's all good to have good kids but coming up against big bodies is always a test and kiewa have got plenty of them.
We'll have a better idea of just where Beechworth and Chiltern sit after this round

And wasted at that cats, Big Al has played 2 games in the seconds this year, mainly in the ruck and centre and absolutely dominated. The Seniors just have a glut of big blokes and don't know how to use him.
Comes from Boney's love of little blokes that Al is first to be dropped at selection table.

from what i have seen over the years he is much beter value than James Arnott, didnt see him do much of anything against us

winners are grinners!!!!!!!!! Limped over the line but we will take it anyway we can get it. Most vocal crowds from both sides i have heard in quite awhile.
While the cats dominated most of the day injuries ( 2 failing to remember where they were) to key youngsters late in the game took there toll, but we hung tough and held on in dying minutes

Also the 2 WORST umpires i have EVER come across in my life, probably a big call but these 2 were absolutly pitiful, no one will ever be able to top how poor they were

winners are grinners!!!!!!!!! Limped over the line but we will take it anyway we can get it. Most vocal crowds from both sides i have heard in quite awhile.
While the cats dominated most of the day injuries ( 2 failing to remember where they were) to key youngsters late in the game took there toll, but we hung tough and held on in dying minutes

Also the 2 WORST umpires i have EVER come across in my life, probably a big call but these 2 were absolutly pitiful, no one will ever be able to top how poor they were

congrats on the win CS. Umpires were very bad & they kept us in it till the end. We didn't have a bench from half way through 2nd quarter and we only had 16 fit blokes on the gound after half time . But to our guys credit we stuck at it and nearly came back and won, but we weren't good enough in the end.

Can anyone tell me if Richo played for KSC yesterday? If not, why?

Richo did not play on the weekend but the reason i'm not sure. Pick a body part any body part. I think this week it was calf.

CS I agree completely on the Al Whitsed/Arnott argument but it doesn't hold much legs at Kiewa as Al is a loyal local and Bikkies a recruit, simple as who's more likely to take getting dropped well.

On a side note it should be the last of the spruiking we here from Beechworth and tallangatta and neither have come up to the mark in recent weeks. Beecworth has showed they aren't top 3 class and tallangatta may have missed the finals boat all together.

Chiltern should play finals on the performance sat. A very ygood young running side, that should not be taken lightly.
The gatta boys are gone gone gone!!! as are Thurgoona.
Looking forward to this weeks match of the round!!:)

Chiltern should play finals on the performance sat. A very ygood young running side, that should not be taken lightly.
The gatta boys are gone gone gone!!! as are Thurgoona.
Looking forward to this weeks match of the round!!:)

Curious who would be leading Mitta's BF at the moment. See Culphy in the best most weeks, he a good chance or not, he keeps telling me he is :D

Richo did not play on the weekend but the reason i'm not sure. Pick a body part any body part. I think this week it was calf.

CS I agree completely on the Al Whitsed/Arnott argument but it doesn't hold much legs at Kiewa as Al is a loyal local and Bikkies a recruit, simple as who's more likely to take getting dropped well.

On a side note it should be the last of the spruiking we here from Beechworth and tallangatta and neither have come up to the mark in recent weeks. Beecworth has showed they aren't top 3 class and tallangatta may have missed the finals boat all together.

Not being a KSC person, I have not seen enough of Arns or Whitsed to form an opinion as to who should or should not be selected. But I will say that the anticipated reaction SHOULD NOT ever be considered as a selection criteria.

Also, after the Rutherglen-Saints game on sat, many of us went into the rooms and enjoyed the customary post-game drinks. However, it seems a real shame (for Wodonga Saints) that all the money being put over the bar was going to Wodonga Bulldogs. Surely the saints need to try find a way to sell their own grog, as it would be very hard to run a footy club that does not have access to such a money-spinner

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back