Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

I have an idea why doesn't everybody on BIgFooty not just our thread throw away there made up name and put in there real name. What a great idea.

Holy Cow I agree with your above comment. Does anyone know if there is another site people can use where to join you have to put in a work e-mail address and other things plus your real name as required fields? I have joined different threads which require a work e-mail so I know this is available. This may stop some crap- it's to easy to talk crap under a fake name (as I have sometimes done) and even if people do put in a 'real name' on this site whose going to believe them- for example Jade Culph, Nic Conway, Shane Franz etc. Just some thoughts.

I have an idea why doesn't everybody on BIgFooty not just our thread throw away there made up name and put in there real name. What a great idea.

Holy Cow I agree with your above comment. Does anyone know if there is another site people can use where to join you have to put in a work e-mail address and other things plus your real name as required fields? I have joined different threads which require a work e-mail so I know this is available. This may stop some crap- it's to easy to talk crap under a fake name (as I have sometimes done) and even if people do put in a 'real name' on this site whose going to believe them- for example Jade Culph, Nic Conway, Shane Franz etc. Just some thoughts.

mate i think thats one of the best idea's i've heard on this thread for sure.
now i don't post alot of comments here so its easy for me to say who i am but some of you other blokes have got a fair bit to own up to (keen as mustard and tigerspirit). so too try and get this ball rolling im jarred lane

I was just wondering if anybody can tell me about Paul Murphey (especially from the Yackandandah football side who have been there a while and have played football with him)
No probs Suges! He was apparently a good player in his younger days (just ask him!) he played for Essendon Under 19's I believe? Last few years he played at Yack in the 2's he basically couldn't get a kick so just tried to hit whoever he could! mostly young blokes. One comes to mind when we played you guys at Beechworth 2 years ago and he clocked one of your young blokes.! His son Benjamin is a gun though! will win Beechworth 4th's B&F by a street and will go very close to the league. Will be a huge Bushies chance in a couple of years and likely to go further if he wants to.

I'm kermit the frog, see this is me being sarcastic:rolleyes::rolleyes: like my previous post:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mmmm sarcasm, obviously i'm not up with your lingo holy cow. I assumed that as your were having your lot off at tiger spirit that your post wasn't sarcastic. That being said have a nice day Kermit.

wasnt at the game mate so cant comment on the actual incident. you blokes do have probably the weakest, lowest, dirtiest, sniping dog in country football though in marcus osborne and should be concerned that other clubs in your league dont do the same to your mob next time he hits a bloke from behind.

Well, well, well "Keen as Mustard" if you are gonna bag the likes of Marcus Osborne, Scotty Parker and Matt Rogers you would want to swallow a huge spoon of concrete and toughen the f#@* up mate! Would love you "to come out of the closet", Ossie and the boys would potentially have a field day rearranging your face, and you know it, that is why you post ridiculous tags on clearly a talented tough playing footballer without putting your real name to it. If he is the dirtiest, weakest player can you perhaps explain to me why he has received more than 5 Auctions this year??? Mate leave your poorly thought "sticks and stones" comments to yourself you're acting like a bitch!

Well, well, well "Keen as Mustard" if you are gonna bag the likes of Marcus Osborne, Scotty Parker and Matt Rogers you would want to swallow a huge spoon of concrete and toughen the f#@* up mate! Would love you "to come out of the closet", Ossie and the boys would potentially have a field day rearranging your face, and you know it, that is why you post ridiculous tags on clearly a talented tough playing footballer without putting your real name to it. If he is the dirtiest, weakest player can you perhaps explain to me why he has received more than 5 Auctions this year??? Mate leave your poorly thought "sticks and stones" comments to yourself you're acting like a bitch!

i never said a word about parker or rogers. dont even know em. i think you should and few others need to get over it. im not the only one who waits until i get to the safty of my computer before i hang shit on someone. you all do it.

A few upsets this round,
Tallangatta beatin Barny
Rutherglen beating Thurgoona
Waghunyah beatin Beechworth
Bottom couple of spots in the 5 is a wide open race

Cats 2 wins in 3 weeks, we really did play well and put four quarters together for the first time this year
Thurgoona put in 10 good minutes in the 2nd quarter to get 2-3 goals up but then looked about spent at halftime, with most of there recruits from the Murray Magpies looking like thay had more rolls than the Thurgoona bakery. Also didnt seem to have much leadership through the middle at key stages which i believe came from Wightman playing in the backline ( the reason i could see for this was so the fans could watch the boxhead tussle with the pumpkinhead, both sporting the number 10 guernsy too).

We could surprise for acouple more wins this season
Would also be interested to hear what happened to Beechworth????

mate i think thats one of the best idea's i've heard on this thread for sure.
now i don't post alot of comments here so its easy for me to say who i am but some of you other blokes have got a fair bit to own up to (keen as mustard and tigerspirit). so too try and get this ball rolling im jarred lane

Im still dirty with kicking back for labeling me the candyman (allclass) and i had to reveal my real name afew pages back. He did appologise for his mistake, but going off half cocked like he did It really was poor form.
kicking back:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Cats 2 wins in 3 weeks, we really did play well and put four quarters together for the first time this year
Thurgoona put in 10 good minutes in the 2nd quarter to get 2-3 goals up but then looked about spent at halftime, with most of there recruits from the Murray Magpies looking like thay had more rolls than the Thurgoona bakery. Also didnt seem to have much leadership through the middle at key stages which i believe came from Wightman playing in the backline ( the reason i could see for this was so the fans could watch the boxhead tussle with the pumpkinhead, both sporting the number 10 guernsy too).

We could surprise for acouple more wins this season
Would also be interested to hear what happened to Beechworth????

Good to see rutherglen starting to have a few wins and i agree with you there cats superstar i believe they will upset a few more teams.

Yeah a few people were shocked to see Wahgunyah beating Beechworth and especially shocked how much they beat them by. I was at the game and it is by far Wahgunyahs best game this season and beechworth never looked like they were in it. Haliday was held to only 2 goals by rising superstar Jarred Lane who is only 16 but is an absolute gun, this name is one to look out for in future after already being named ruck in the under 15s all Australian team last year and once again making state again this year. If i was any team in Wahgunyahs run home this season i would be one to look out for them. I can defiantly see them making some big upsets in the future.

A few upsets this round,
Tallangatta beatin Barny
Rutherglen beating Thurgoona
Waghunyah beatin Beechworth
Bottom couple of spots in the 5 is a wide open race

Not so sure the Hoppers was an upset - beat barny well first time round at Barny and Barny have shocking record at Tallangatta. Also the hoppers result againsnt Wagunyah 2 weeks ago is put into perspective now after Beechworths loss to them. Very very interesting run home to finals ahead..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just heard that "Bikkies" Arnott got dropped to the magoos for Kiewa on Saturday. About time. Perhaps some people with pulling power at KSC have been reading previous posts on this site!

Julian Day(foot)and Nick Mitas(ankle)both injured in Kiewas win on the weekend.
Niether are certaintys to be right for the next game.
If Day does miss more than 1 game surely it would put a huge dint in his Barton Medal chances!!!.

I just heard that "Bikkies" Arnott got dropped to the magoos for Kiewa on Saturday. About time. Perhaps some people with pulling power at KSC have been reading previous posts on this site!

Just wondering what your connection to Kiewa is Sunny? All you seem to do is bag them and their players out in all your posts. Also you don't talk up any team but just have a go at Kiewa?

I see Luke Brookes (200 game player and former captain) played in the seconds for Chiltern on the weekend? I wonder why? Anybody out there who can elaborate?......

Also, great result for the cats to get up and knock off Thurgoona. Its been a tough season so far but everyone has stuck at it and the playing group as a whole has definitely improved since the start of the season. Hopefully some more solid performances to come in the last 5 games. And we can build on something for 2009 and beyond!

The battle for the last spot in the 5 looks like it will come right down to the wire. it should be a very exiting finish to the 2008 season.

Just wondering what your connection to Kiewa is Sunny? All you seem to do is bag them and their players out in all your posts. Also you don't talk up any team but just have a go at Kiewa?

Purely an observer KB (however one who hears alot of negatives through mates at the club). I havent bagged out all their players, just a select couple who clearly deserve it. Believe it or not I have quite a soft spot for KSC. I would love nothing less than to see them win a flag, especially for the loyal blokes who have been there for years such as Robbie Barber, Neil Wright, Al Whitsed, Marc Lewis, Jason McVean etc. It has been great to see their reserves win two flags in a row for the same reasons - a bunch of blokes who have been at the club for years who stuck together.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I see Luke Brookes (200 game player and former captain) played in the seconds for Chiltern on the weekend? I wonder why? Anybody out there who can elaborate?......

Also, great result for the cats to get up and knock off Thurgoona. Its been a tough season so far but everyone has stuck at it and the playing group as a whole has definitely improved since the start of the season. Hopefully some more solid performances to come in the last 5 games. And we can build on something for 2009 and beyond!

The battle for the last spot in the 5 looks like it will come right down to the wire. it should be a very exiting finish to the 2008 season.

I would have to agree with you there GB, you guys looked alright on the weekend in both the seniors and the reserves. Made us look very second rate, particularly in the reserves. Well done to your club. :thumbsu:

Injury has been a major concern for Brookes over the season GB, hamstring I believe. Apparently didnt play until round 6-7 and even then pretty much broke down again, so from what I heard the idea was for him to play 1-2 ressies games before going back into the 1s, just to be sure he can run out the game.

After getting in the best, look for him in the seniors this week im guessing

Agree BigH let's talk about footy.
At the half way mark of the season it is a good time to speculate about what the rest of the season holds, and who is likely to play finals. Looking at the results to date it, to me a few things are clear. Mitta and Kiewa are the best 2 teams in the comp. Rutherglen & Wodonga are going to struggle to win a game. based on these facts, and that the sides in the middle of the ladder are quite even , I have been playing with spreadsheets and the draw again and can tell you what I've come up with as an end of season scenario. basic rules I've applied are Mitta and Kiewa winning, Wod & Ruth losing, and all 50/50 tipped toward home team.
The ladder looks like this:

Kiewa 17 wins
Mitta 16.5 wins
Beechworth 13.5 wins
Dederang 12 wins
Yack 10 wins

Chiltern 9 wins
Tallangatta 9 wins
Barnawartha 8 wins
Thurgoona 8 wins
Wahgunyah 4 wins
Wodonga/Rutherglen either 1 win or 0 wins

The million dollar question is posed in Round 11 when the Saints host Rutherglen. Both teams must surely see this as do or die, and certainly deserves match of the round status. I hope the Border Mail gives the clash its due !!
Another key clash is in Round 12, when Kiewa hosts Mitta. Barring slip-ups, this could be for top spot. Yack also hosts Chiltern in what could ultimately be for 5th spot.

This is all just opinion, and external factors can often bring mathematics undone, however, hoped to generate some discussion.

Albert Park - Time for an update I rekon. You come across as some one with to much time on your hands (and anal retentive - Just joking). So what I was thinking is that you can put your maths to the test and tell us who is going to finish up in the top 5.
The top 2 is obvious, in regards to who fishes 3rd, 4th & 5th I reckon their are 6 sides in contention. If you wanted to be optimistic you could say maybe even 7 because its mathematically possible for Wahgunyah to make it as well. With 5 rounds to go their are some ripper games coming up and I reckon its going to go down to wire. Anyway I dont want to steal your thunder I will be eagerly waiting to see what you come up with. (and anyone else for that matter)

Probably has a better chance of a medal around his neck at the end of the year playing there anyways

Whats the eligiability criteria for somebody to be able to play a 2nds final if there seniors are not also playing on the same weekend? (eg. how many senior games before you become ineligable?)

In Arns' case im guessing he had played every game in the ones up until the weekend? Although I would suggest that Kiewa ones (and their 2s) will make the Grand Final anyway, in which case they could pick anybody anywhere........

I would have to agree with you there GB, you guys looked alright on the weekend in both the seniors and the reserves. Made us look very second rate, particularly in the reserves. Well done to your club. :thumbsu:

Cheers for that AD, I also would like to congratulate your club on the way they you guys have established yourselves as a competitive club after some pretty bleak years prior to 2006. I know you would probably be disappointed with 2008 after making finals last year, but I still think your club is headed in the right direction.

Yeah I was really pleased with the way we went in the twos. Admitedly we did have out best 2nds team in for quite a few some time and you guys had sseveral out. But we have definitely improved since last season (and a pretty average showing at your place in Round 2 this season). Hopefully the days of Rutherglen reserves going nearly 2 years without a win will soon be a distant memory.

Albert Park - Time for an update I rekon. You come across as some one with to much time on your hands (and anal retentive - Just joking). So what I was thinking is that you can put your maths to the test and tell us who is going to finish up in the top 5.
The top 2 is obvious, in regards to who fishes 3rd, 4th & 5th I reckon their are 6 sides in contention. If you wanted to be optimistic you could say maybe even 7 because its mathematically possible for Wahgunyah to make it as well. With 5 rounds to go their are some ripper games coming up and I reckon its going to go down to wire. Anyway I dont want to steal your thunder I will be eagerly waiting to see what you come up with. (and anyone else for that matter)

I take your joke in the spirit in which it was meant CWR.
I have had the spreadsheet out again and here is the deal.
It will take at least 11 wins to make the five. After I did all the different permutations there was no combination of results (barring the ludicrous) that would get you in with less than 11, except Beechworth may get into 5th with 10.5 wins. 10 will not get you in.
I think that the five will more than likely be:
Mitta 17.5 wins
Kiewa 16 wins
Dederang 13 wins
Chiltern 12 wins
Beechworth 10.5 or 11.5 wins.

Mitta & Kiewa are definitely safe, and I can't see Dederang and Chiltern not getting their 2 and 3 wins respectively to guarantee them a spot. That leaves Beechworth. They currently have 7.5 wins and Thurgoona & Rutherglen to come, giving them 9.5 and needing to beat Barny Dederang or Tallangatta to get in. Which I think they will.
It's not over till the fat lady sings, but she's certainly out the back warming up. Barny & Tallangatta will more than likely have to win 4 of their last 5 to get in, and with their draws it's a big ask. They will certainly deserve to be there if they happen to get in. (Not that it matters - all playing for 2nd anyway. Commiserations to all the teams spending a lot of money to finish not-1st !)

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Back