Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for noticing.

4 current day Afl listed players suggests that you are quite correct. We are indeed a wonderful successful club.
As well as Dean Heydock a 5 time premiership player and league medalist, Varsamakis woke up and got out now playing in a G.F. and Jake Whitling was he another one now playing in a G.F.and Daniel House and Saul Caddy, both good players that got out of the "wonderful successful club". funny how it all works.

As well as Dean Heydock a 5 time premiership player and league medalist, Varsamakis woke up and got out now playing in a G.F. and Jake Whitling was he another one now playing in a G.F.and Daniel House and Saul Caddy, both good players that got out of the "wonderful successful club". funny how it all works.
I think you will find that Varsa was the only player listed above to play in Eltham's senior team and he left to go country. Haydock,Howse and Caddy departed eltham juniors to go to the Northern Knights and then went to Div 1 clubs or higher to try and get drafted as Eltham was playing in Div 2. I think Whitling left Eltham u19s to play with some mates at Monty.

Thank you for noticing.

4 current day Afl listed players suggests that you are quite correct. We are indeed a wonderful successful club.
I think genetics had more of a part to play than the club and the fact there parents chose to live in eltham. Just good luck that some of them went to our ladies primary school where most kids end up playing panther.

Back to the old AFL player spiel time after time, the rest of the finals teams should pay tribute to eltham for providing the match practice needed for the bigger games. If you started celebrating mediocrity every season like you should instead of worrying about the big boys you might have something to celebrate at seasons end.

Fact of the matter is you achieved the exact same as eltham in the finals this year champ...nothing. I wouldn't be throwing around the word 'mediocrity' cos that's exactly what your finals campaign was this year

Epping Football Club

Invites applications for the following positions for season 2014

- Senior Coach (playing or non-playing)
- Reserves Coach
- Under 19's Coach
- Juniors - All age groups
- Football Manager
- Trainers

All applications should be forwarded to
or
Mail: Secretary Epping FC
PO Box 19
Epping 3076

Applications close 18 October 2013
www.facebook.com/EppingFootballClubVic

Good luck to Montmorency FC this week!! Great Club, with fantastic people who deserve this reward for the many years of hard work!

I think you will find that Varsa was the only player listed above to play in Eltham's senior team and he left to go country. Haydock,Howse and Caddy departed eltham juniors to go to the Northern Knights and then went to Div 1 clubs or higher to try and get drafted as Eltham was playing in Div 2. I think Whitling left Eltham u19s to play with some mates at Monty.
I think genetics had more of a part to play than the club and the fact there parents chose to live in eltham. Just good luck that some of them went to our ladies primary school where most kids end up playing panther.

Just to clarify T.K,

Howsey & Caddy did both play senior footy as 17/18 year olds but did indeed leave to follow ambition, scratch ego & for a higher earn. I suspect the others mentioned also did same. Nothing wrong with that.

And as for genetics T.A.L, obviously there is a greater depth to the gene pool out Eltham way. How does your shallow end fare?

Bluejet.. Because of jealous mate ! People are envious of the support that mont has... And that it's a very well driven and run club ( not saying others aren't ) people are also on the " high horse" over the fact that mont has choked for so long now and they hope they do so this year for there own egos ! Good luck to both sides on the weekend I personally hope mont win it as I think it'll be great for the community, supporters, club , players and the league ..! A lot comes down to whether mont can hold cloke and moorcroft to reasonable scores , if they do its monts .. If they don't , we'll it'll be very hard to topple bundoora ! I hope for my old mate bomber Keenan they get the job done for him , as he is such a great person/ role model and player .. Mont by 1 point .. Best on ground ryan jackson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK the big show. May as well give a DC preview and see what happens:

Montmorency v Bundoora - One word would not be allowed to be spoken this week, maybe even this year at Para Rd. Doubt there will be much sleep for all the hard workers, players and supporters that have made them Premiership favourites. They have had a cracking year and are up to the task. Bulls cannot be written off and I doubt Mont have. They have hit their straps probably at the right time and this makes for a cracking game. I do hope the famous Preston gale does not appear and its a calm weather day that will make for awesome football. If they can contain the powerhouses Cloke and Moorcroft (who have kicked 19 goals in the last two meetings) then they can win. I am tipping an end to the drought, by a kick or two. I dare say stay away from Para Rd for a week as they will drink the place dry.....a few times.

Greensborough v Heidelberg - Heidelberg, massive upset win last week over the team that finished on top through the year. On form will win.

Greensborough v West Preston Lakeside - Greensborough, best coach going around will win his 4th premiership at 19s level....pretty decent hit rate, maybe time he took a main role me thinks.

Good luck to all heading out and enjoy the Boags. Hope the weather clears.

Seniors
Montmorency V Bundoora - feels weird having a Div 1 Grannie without Heidelberg. Going to the NFL Presentation Night popular opinion sided with the Bulls and I feel like they would have learned heaps from two weeks ago when they lost a game they shouldn't have. Play four quarters and I reckon they win. But only by a goal. All the best to the couple of old Mernda boys out there playing as well.

Reserves
Greensborough V Heidelberg - surprising that the 17-1 side (Bundy) isn't in it but both sides were excellent in their wins. Boro by two kicks.

19s
Greensborough V West Preston - got an old school mate playing for Lakeside but I think Greensborough will win this one convincingly.

Anyway.

Im tipping Montmorency by 30

They have been the best team all year and have managed to get rid of the "Preston curse". Hard to split both sides as they both have strengths and great players on each team. Good luck to Monty and i hope for a fair and clean hit out.

What is the parking like at Preston City Oval?

With no football in Melbourne, thought I would be best to come and support one of the last local leagues still running for season 2013

What is the parking like at Preston City Oval?

With no football in Melbourne, thought I would be best to come and support one of the last local leagues still running for season 2013
Not great on a Saturday. Try the market across the road. Otherwise just around the back streets

Not great on a Saturday. Try the market across the road. Otherwise just around the back streets

Thanks mate appreciate the help

Will love to see how bundoora go, I remember seeing them early this year and they went down by 5-6 goals to Pascoe vale, who finished second last in the EDFL

Thanks mate appreciate the help

Will love to see how bundoora go, I remember seeing them early this year and they went down by 5-6 goals to Pascoe vale, who finished second last in the EDFL

Also lost to Greenvale by 4 goals who won the EDFL in their first practice match. Eltham beat Balwyn in a praccy match who won the Eastern league. Judging by games in March is a pretty shit assessment Jimmy

Won't be there tomorrow but sincere best of luck to Jewels & Bullet.
Genuine article who deserves a return on the blood, sweat and tears he has expended over the journey.
Make sure you don't get swept out with the cigarette butts Sunday morning mate :thumbsu:

Won't be there tomorrow but sincere best of luck to Jewels & Bullet.
Genuine article who deserves a return on the blood, sweat and tears he has expended over the journey.
Make sure you don't get swept out with the cigarette butts Sunday morning mate :thumbsu:

Thanks mate.

Many far more deserved of the reward - not least the much maligned but much loved El Presidente

Great night at the rooms last night - and contrary to the BF dribble it is a great place to be – win –and there will be no sleep at the Nest - actually same if we lose ... whatever the result I guarantee you the club will saddle up and go again!!

I think I'm one of the few neutrals that will be barracking for Mont tomorrow. A magpie win is exactly what this competition needs. They ought to be rewarded for boosting the standard of the competition in recent years. Go Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back