Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

You sound very confident there with the flag prediction. I can't see them being there in the last game
Give me reasons why Olinda wont be in the last dance Red Door?, great list, good coach, they play as a team, and don't rely on individuals, I am pretty confident they will win it this year, I guess we'll know more after this week, Olinda by 18pts

Give me reasons why Olinda wont be in the last dance Red Door?, great list, good coach, they play as a team, and don't rely on individuals, I am pretty confident they will win it this year, I guess we'll know more after this week, Olinda by 18pts

Well for one reason form in winning 3 of the last 5 but in them games a loss to warby and another sub par performance against another team outside the 5 in monbulk. Wandin and Healesville are the two sides

But you are right we will know more after this week where they are at. Wandin had a few 'A' graders out the last time these teams met and with the performance they dished out that day they would be looking to make amends.

Spot on Vander on all counts. Chalk and cheese first half to second.There best player list is always questionable. There out and out best player has never been listed. The more kicking you do without looking the better up at powelly.

Served up more of the same on Saturday and frustratingly should have got the points against YG. You just can't keep turning it over time after time and expect to get the 4 points. Absolutely killed at the clearances and the no plan at the centre bounce was all too obvious. PT have the makings of a very competitive side, some quality down back and a mid field that can hurt. Too many games to make up and I suspect there will be a few happy sides in finals to see PT miss out

Top 6 sides play off in 1st Division with top spot up for grabs. Olinda v Wandin should be a cracker and the outcome should see if bite me can hand the flag to Olinda. They will certainly be favourites to win. Healesville also on the same points, require a win with Monbulk at Monbulk which won't be easy.

Top 6 sides play off in 1st Division with top spot up for grabs. Olinda v Wandin should be a cracker and the outcome should see if bite me can hand the flag to Olinda. They will certainly be favourites to win. Healesville also on the same points, require a win with Monbulk at Monbulk which won't be easy.
Nice to read something that isn't a powelltown match report..... Probably the most boring season for some years, relegation done and dusted (emerald) top 5 sorted (sorry Glancey there won't be another finals loss for the Hawks this year) only excitement is for top spot and I personally think Healesville will take that mantle!!!

Who would've thought that snow threatened the hills just a couple of days ago. The weather gods certainly smiled today; so it was off to Wandin for a top of the table clash. I'm not sure if Wandin won it or Olinda lost it as Olinda's skill level was, to put it mildly, atrocious. Wandin had the luxury of 2 big forwards in Scott Dwyer and Mick Fowkes. Luke Hill kept Fowkes quiet, so Dwyer kicked a couple. When Hill went to Dwyer he kept him quiet, but Fowkes then bobbed up for a couple. Olinda had a 13 point lead at 3/4 time thanks to a 6 goal third quarter, but Wandin appeared to have more "purpose" about their play in the last quarter as exemplified by a couple of runs through the centre by Jarrod Bayliss and kicked 5 majors to scrape home. One of those 5 goals had a bit of controversy about it as the goal umpire ran a long way across the goal line, but a goal was called, so it is what it is. Even though the scores were close all day the game never really reached any great heights as Wandin were also guilty of making quite a few errors. I wouldn't put this down to pressure, just poor execution of basic skills. I look forward to reading Rob Bayliss's match report during the week to see the viewpoint of one of the participating clubs.

Wandin also had close wins in the ressies, A B & D grade netball, and comfortable wins in C grade and under 17 netball. So for clubs who are 1 & 2 in everything bar under 17 netball Wandin would be more than happy with their days work.

The other red and whites, Healesville, had another good win today and face Wandin next week in another top of the table clash. Even though this season is pretty much decided as far as the 5 and relegation is concerned the premiership, unlike last year, is still up for grabs.

Can someone please hurry up with the Powelltown match report? I'm on the edge of my seat and will be unable to sleep until it's posted. Thanks in anticipation.

Who would've thought that snow threatened the hills just a couple of days ago. The weather gods certainly smiled today; so it was off to Wandin for a top of the table clash. I'm not sure if Wandin won it or Olinda lost it as Olinda's skill level was, to put it mildly, atrocious. Wandin had the luxury of 2 big forwards in Scott Dwyer and Mick Fowkes. Luke Hill kept Fowkes quiet, so Dwyer kicked a couple. When Hill went to Dwyer he kept him quiet, but Fowkes then bobbed up for a couple. Olinda had a 13 point lead at 3/4 time thanks to a 6 goal third quarter, but Wandin appeared to have more "purpose" about their play in the last quarter as exemplified by a couple of runs through the centre by Jarrod Bayliss and kicked 5 majors to scrape home. One of those 5 goals had a bit of controversy about it as the goal umpire ran a long way across the goal line, but a goal was called, so it is what it is. Even though the scores were close all day the game never really reached any great heights as Wandin were also guilty of making quite a few errors. I wouldn't put this down to pressure, just poor execution of basic skills. I look forward to reading Rob Bayliss's match report during the week to see the viewpoint of one of the participating clubs.

Wandin also had close wins in the ressies, A B & D grade netball, and comfortable wins in C grade and under 17 netball. So for clubs who are 1 & 2 in everything bar under 17 netball Wandin would be more than happy with their days work.

The other red and whites, Healesville, had another good win today and face Wandin next week in another top of the table clash. Even though this season is pretty much decided as far as the 5 and relegation is concerned the premiership, unlike last year, is still up for grabs.
Woori completely outclassed upwey yesterday in the battle of the Tigers!!! Certainly think woori have the ability to shape and impact the final 5 with the two big guns benny monk and jordy williams firing yesty....if those two fire think they can match it with anyone, as for upweys coaching staff they've got six weeks to try and figure out how to stop those two in a likely first final!!! Most results as expected but a very close one at wandin!!! Ran into two staunch Olinda supporters at a 60th last night and they thought it was clearly a high pressure game that contributed to lack of skills LK??? But were adamant that the game was ruined by poor umpiring, stopped short of saying it cost them the game but a lot of goals were resultant of free kicks/50m penalties!!! Yours and your Olinda mates thoughts LK???

Well pretty sure they won't be handing the flag to Olinda just yet Bite Me!!! Looks like there's plenty of interest in it still. Agree that the top 3 looks settled, in what order is still anyone's guess. Upwey and Woori look set for the elimination final already and the rest are done. With Wandin to play Healesville away and Woori at home versus Olinda to play Woori away and Healesville at home it's going to be close to see who has the week off.

Woori completely outclassed upwey yesterday in the battle of the Tigers!!! Certainly think woori have the ability to shape and impact the final 5 with the two big guns benny monk and jordy williams firing yesty....if those two fire think they can match it with anyone, as for upweys coaching staff they've got six weeks to try and figure out how to stop those two in a likely first final!!! Most results as expected but a very close one at wandin!!! Ran into two staunch Olinda supporters at a 60th last night and they thought it was clearly a high pressure game that contributed to lack of skills LK??? But were adamant that the game was ruined by poor umpiring, stopped short of saying it cost them the game but a lot of goals were resultant of free kicks/50m penalties!!! Yours and your Olinda mates thoughts LK???

Olinda kicked into the man on the mark at least 3 times and Wandin was guilty of more than a couple of centre square infringements; that's nohing to do with pressure. A 50m penalty for overstepping the mark wouldn't be classed as pressure either. The Olinda forwards constantly ran under the ball which was more often than not just bombed on top of their heads. A forward not making hard leads or running under the ball also is not a pressure thing. Admittedly the game was played in a rather congested manner without either side wanting to give an inch which made it difficult for the umpires, but by and large I thought the umpiring wasn't too bad. The umpiring was consistent which is all you can pretty much ask for. That's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to reading the match report by Rob Bayliss as you say Olinda weren't happy with the umpiring and if he says the same thing then what can be concluded from that? Far more mistakes were made by the players than the umpires but we'll never see the day when a player is chastised for kicking the ball out on the full like an umpire is when making a 50/50 decision.

My Olinda mates? I don't even know anyone there let alone have mates there.

Well pretty sure they won't be handing the flag to Olinda just yet Bite Me!!! Looks like there's plenty of interest in it still. Agree that the top 3 looks settled, in what order is still anyone's guess. Upwey and Woori look set for the elimination final already and the rest are done. With Wandin to play Healesville away and Woori at home versus Olinda to play Woori away and Healesville at home it's going to be close to see who has the week off.

I don't believe the top 5 is as safe as everyone might think.
This weekend looms as a very important week for two teams in upwey & monbulk. If upwey was to lose to a inform warburton team and monbulk then inturn beats Belgrave it then sets up a mouth watering matchup the following week. monbulk v upwey at monbulk and a win to monbulk would then equal both teams on points at equal 5th on the ladder then the remaining 4 games both teams have 2 very winnable games

No they might'nt be handing the flag to Olinda just yet but to get within a goal of Wandin at Wandin was a huge effort. The umpiring was ok, neither team should complain about it....undisciplined acts by Wandin cost them big time. Loved the intensity bring on the finals i say

Can someone please hurry up with the Powelltown match report? I'm on the edge of my seat and will be unable to sleep until it's posted. Thanks in anticipation.

Yea fair point but not much else coming out of Div 2 so your tolerance and point is well made so no match report other than PT got home and one Yea player got 10 weeks for a head butt at last nights tribunal. Off the ball in the first quarter and not on VV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they might'nt be handing the flag to Olinda just yet but to get within a goal of Wandin at Wandin was a huge effort. The umpiring was ok, neither team should complain about it....undisciplined acts by Wandin cost them big time. Loved the intensity bring on the finals i say

It was a very intense game. Enjoyable to watch. Dwyer makes all the difference to that Wandin side. Big ground would suit them even more. Great to see Jason McNiece umpiring so well. He is back to his very best and would be a firm favourite to officiate in the grand final again.

H'ville V Wandin, top of the table clash, should be a great game, wandin by 4 goals on the bigger ground. Olinda will beat Mount pretty easily.....

H'ville V Wandin, top of the table clash, should be a great game, wandin by 4 goals on the bigger ground. Olinda will beat Mount pretty easily.....

Hville by 6 goals

Will monster wandin

Interesting Toxic, appears Wandin are travelling better than they were earlier in the year and they rolled Healesville by 13 goals. What's changed at Healesville that they'll now "monster" them?? (Define monster)

Interesting Toxic, appears Wandin are travelling better than they were earlier in the year and they rolled Healesville by 13 goals. What's changed at Healesville that they'll now "monster" them?? (Define monster)

Monster - win by more than 1 point :D

to be honest its me being a supporter hoping HvIlle will win.

Must be more to the story after last sat local knowledge, my league insider tells me complaints were lodged to the league from Olinda in regard to umpires,facilities and crowd behaviour!!!! They are not happy in there, got a heap of paperwork and follow ups to deal with now.... Did you hear anything on the grapevine???

Must be more to the story after last sat local knowledge, my league insider tells me complaints were lodged to the league from Olinda in regard to umpires,facilities and crowd behaviour!!!! They are not happy in there, got a heap of paperwork and follow ups to deal with now.... Did you hear anything on the grapevine???

No, haven't heard anything. Not that I've asked. Bit disappointing if true if you break down their areas of concern. As I said in an earlier post I didn't think the umpiring was too bad. Rob Bayliss did mention in his match report a couple of dubious umpiring decisions so if both teams have an issue with the umpiring then it's fair to assume that both teams broke even with the umpires. The facilities; well the ground was in good nick so they must be complaining about the rooms. Those rooms haven't changed in years so I don't know why a complaint would be raised now. Up until a year or 2 ago Olinda wouldn't have been in any position to complain about rooms. I would also assume that the rooms are council owned, so the league wouldn't be able to do much anyway. And I didn't hear anything from the crowd that was cringeworthy or any worse than I've heard at other grounds.

Perhaps some of the grapes they picked on the way home from Wandin weren't quite ready and were still a little bit sour;)

I popped in on saturday to watch Olinda v Wandin. Great spectacle, both sides gave it a good crack.
tackling and pressure was a feature hence the amount of turnovers.
1 very dubious goal by M fowkes which even brought a smile to his face which in reality did give wandin some much needed momentum but in all honesty, he would normally have slotted it anyway. Jason Mcneice as an umpire has umpired the same way since day dot, players and coaches are aware and should play to his umpiring style. It's pretty simple, don't argue back, don't step over the mark and give the ball back in a timely fashion and you will be 50 metre free. crowd at the canteen end seemed fine, the platform deck area as usual excitable and much similar to the average day out at a YV game.
Both sides will look at the game and tweek for next time, I'm sure Brendan and coaching staff will be asking for some more polished disposal and maybe some forward crumbing, wandin will look at the fact that they just couldn't shake the bloods and when having momentum, lost it quickly. Both sides looked like they had control at different times but to each teams credit, clawed their way back.
The wandin rooms are just fine, not roomy, showers suck but at least your not walking off covered in mud, then the showers really suck.
Food good and coffee truck a God send.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back