Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

after the fallout between Wandin and Healesville, Olinda have firmed in my book to take out the flag....

Hard to believe that Olinda Woori and to lesser extent Healesville have noticed gone ahead in favouritism after it.

Last edited:
Hasn't this thread gone beige since the upheaval of the previous events. Won't even mention what it was that caused the moderator to step in. Appreciate this blog is a Div 1 focus but Div 2 is shaping up as a tight finish. The top 2 look locked in but withe three games to go and only one game plus percentage separating the next group suggests some top games in the run home. PT drop out of the race if the fail to overcome Kinglake who are sitting clear in second place. Plenty of interest in the the other games with all having an impact on ladder positions. Thornton have the bye. Just sayen....

I see some details of Salary cap for next year are appearing, penalties look stiff for both player and Club in the draft.

I got this from http://www.aflvic.com.au/wp-content...IC-Draft-Player-Salary-Cap-Policy-28-July.pdf

Player Breach - 12 months suspension.

Club breaches - An amount equal to the breach as fine plus loss of Premiership point now and in following seasons, loss of points in Player Points system, not playing in Finals, and drop of division

E.G.
Between 5K and 25,000
  • Fine equal to breach amount plus investigation costs
  • Loss of 12 Player Points for next 2 seasons
  • Loss of 12 Premiership points for the Senior team for each of the following 2 seasons.
  • Ineligible for finals in Seniors and reserves for the current and following 2 seasons
  • Being relegated if possible.

Over by 25,000
  • LFine equal to breach amount plus investigation costs
  • oss of 16 Player Points for next 3 seasons
  • Loss of 20 Premiership points for the Senior team for each of the following 3 seasons.
  • Ineligible for finals in Seniors and reserves for the current and following 3 seasons
  • Being relegated if possible.

Would be a very brave administrator to take the step of over paying in my mind, just not worth it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only people that would know are those close to the club so are you the president or the secretary of Healseville?

Not sure if directed at me, but if I was I would know how many from Healesville, and also from Wandin as I would have all the sheets from the League. If directed at Footy4thekids same thing applies, not sure why you choose Healesville there is another club involved.

I hope it is tonight and punishments handed out and everyone can get back to football

Not sure if directed at me, but if I was I would know how many from Healesville, and also from Wandin as I would have all the sheets from the League. If directed at Footy4thekids same thing applies, not sure why you choose Healesville there is another club involved.

I hope it is tonight and punishments handed out and everyone can get back to football

Needs to cleaned up ASAP

Is that the same Marcus who was guaranteed to be going to Lilydale next year?
The very same one?

Wow.. What a reversal... Those who proclaimed him as gone must surely shoot their sources now
Fantastic to see the club announce the re-signing of both Brendan Donovan (coach) and Marcus Hottes for the 2017 season already. So incredibly impressed with how both these boys operate, and two better human beings you won't meet !!!
Have to endorse Tim. Great pickups and Brendan is a real treasure of the league. Top bloke, good ethics and footy smarts. Still hope he joins the Commission after his coaching career. Olinda deserved him and so does the League.
BTW, hot and humid in Kenya at the moment. Can't wait to get back and watch a great finals series, though. Could be three of my favourite teams in it.
Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Monnie - would that be the Monbulk seniors, Monbulk reserves and Monbulk Under 18's?

What are you doing in Kenya? Didn't realise you were a dentist?

Monnie - would that be the Monbulk seniors, Monbulk reserves and Monbulk Under 18's?

What are you doing in Kenya? Didn't realise you were a dentist?

ManInWhite question for you. How can a umpire yellow card for striking but not report yet yellow card and report for attempting to strike?

Am always happy to join in with idle gossip or the odd bit of good natured sledging and very broad rule queries. Things relating to specific incidents are pretty much considered a no fly zone by my superiors and despite offering some of the best hospitality shown in our league, I don't really want to be doing Yea, Alex and Thornton games for the rest of my career!

Am always happy to join in with idle gossip or the odd bit of good natured sledging and very broad rule queries. Things relating to specific incidents are pretty much considered a no fly zone by my superiors and despite offering some of the best hospitality shown in our league, I don't really want to be doing Yea, Alex and Thornton games for the rest of my career!

You'd be joining the umps that failed to make a report then.

Hasn't been heard which is a joke. Belgrave and Upwey wouldn't be happy.

Players involved should be rightly outraged as any penalty that is imposed could effect their finals. 2 weeks or 3 weeks this week is vastly different from the same in a week or 2 weeks time, this has to be cleaned up as it will be a stain over the year if the league can't get it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back