Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the game day points why does the bottom Division get the most points? Also one less on the bench.

Do you lose points then if you go up a Division or down.

Just on the game day points why does the bottom Division get the most points? Also one less on the bench.

Do you lose points then if you go up a Division or down.
I see that lower divisions definitely get higher points and reading the points system this might be because of there geographic population and or because none or hardly any of them have juniors. As for relegation promotion i thought the legue made it clear there wouldnt be relegation or promotion to the spooners or grand final winners it would be case by case bassis. Sides could stay together for a few years and be dominate in tge same division which i think is wrong

I see that lower divisions definitely get higher points and reading the points system this might be because of there geographic population and or because none or hardly any of them have juniors. As for relegation promotion i thought the legue made it clear there wouldnt be relegation or promotion to the spooners or grand final winners it would be case by case bassis. Sides could stay together for a few years and be dominate in tge same division which i think is wrong

Seems wrong that neighbouring clubs have to play in better standard Divisons with less points. Allows for clubs to openly poach players.

Seems wrong that neighbouring clubs have to play in better standard Divisons with less points. Allows for clubs to openly poach players.
This i will agree with BUT nieghboring clubs in higher divisions do have more to spend, corrrect??

Interestingly Iacono played 14 games in 2018, so when he was appointed in 2019 you would think the club would have had a fair idea about him. I don’t know him personally at all and only heard him talk to players throughout the season but always seemed to have the respect of the players. As for recruiting Rohan, Dan Fraser, Stokes, Walker, Nayna, Johnson, Darcy Fraser and Mullen all played in the prelim final but not in 2018. I would think recruiting by the coach and/or club seemed pretty good.
All good though, like I said just a casual observer.
King Tig you seem much closer to the source as 5 comments all about Powelly 👍
I also did some reserch and what ever reason it be these players left from 2018 to the 2019 season they all knew 1 thing and thats who was coaching correct ?? Thats what your saying isnt it ??
M.Mcarthur
J.Moore
T.Ashby
J.Bruhn
D.Rees
S.Halliday
J.Mitchell
T.Kelly
But im just a casual observer

This i will agree with BUT nieghboring clubs in higher divisions do have more to spend, corrrect??

They do but they are competing at a higher level. They also have there lists targeted each year by those that try to buy flags rather than build clubs.

Last edited:
I also did some reserch and what ever reason it be these players left from 2018 to the 2019 season they all knew 1 thing and thats who was coaching correct ?? Thats what your saying isnt it ??
M.Mcarthur
J.Moore
T.Ashby
J.Bruhn
D.Rees
S.Halliday
J.Mitchell
T.Kelly
But im just a casual observer

Seven players between Seniors and Reserves would be about the norm for most clubs.

They do but they are competing at a higher level. They also have there lists targeted each each year by those that try to buy flags rather than build clubs.
Yeah true but players tatgeted that play in higher divs get extra point added on if heading to lower divs if they go from 1 premier in 1 comp to a premier in another they dont reciebe the extra point therefore its basically no point having that extra point add on if lower divs get more points is it?? And i cant remember a team winning a flag that hadnt recruited call it buying if you want but thats what every side does and has done for as far back as i recall

Yeah true but players tatgeted that play in higher divs get extra point added on if heading to lower divs if they go from 1 premier in 1 comp to a premier in another they dont reciebe the extra point therefore its basically no point having that extra point add on if lower divs get more points is it?? And i cant remember a team winning a flag that hadnt recruited call it buying if you want but thats what every side does and has done for as far back as i recall
Big difference between selling your clubs future to buy a flag and recruiting.

Wh
Big difference between selling your clubs future to buy a flag and recruiting.
Who ? sorry what club /clubs you refering to when saying selling tgere future?? And how do you know this ?? Do you have magic powers that shows you years to come??

8 in 8 out they all played seniors and they all knew who was coaching either coming in or going out correct ?? Wasnt that your point

I seriously hope your not involved at Powelltown. Clearly you are though. I have serious doubts but ha
Wh

Who ? sorry what club /clubs you refering to when saying selling tgere future?? And how do you know this ?? Do you have magic powers that shows you years to come??

History has many examples of it.

I seriously hope your not involved at Powelltown. Clearly you are though. I have serious doubts but ha

History has many examples of it.
Nah not involved in any sides i follow 1 though, could i get some examples of clubs that dont exist now that won a flag years ago ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats what the whole forum is about, for keyboard warriors such as yourself to pick shit as your to weak and gutless to do it in person
I personally dont know either jugga or icono but only writing things i have heard along the way and some of you seem to think the sun shin3s out the rear end of the latter when i have heard different

For a club like powelly to do what they have done i take my hat off to them, if it is all legit and above board congrats and good luck. They are clearly now the bench mark for the division 2 comp but i do hope to see a woori yallock type performance and get them knocked off in the grand final
TIGA TIME

Thats what the whole forum is about, for keyboard warriors such as yourself to pick sh*t as your to weak and gutless to do it in person
I personally dont know either jugga or icono but only writing things i have heard along the way and some of you seem to think the sun shin3s out the rear end of the latter when i have heard different

For a club like powelly to do what they have done i take my hat off to them, if it is all legit and above board congrats and good luck. They are clearly now the bench mark for the division 2 comp but i do hope to see a woori yallock type performance and get them knocked off in the grand final
TIGA TIME
KING tig, like you I don’t know either of them personally and I was only commenting on coaching change, which all clubs can do, that’s their committees choice and like you rightly have mentioned, players leave and arrive with coaching changes. Powelly were only 3 points of GF and if they have made changes and added to their list, again that’s great and as you mentioned if it’s all legal and above board they have clearly set the benchmark for Div 2. With points though, as I mentioned previous will be interesting to see how they fit everyone in, a good thing for coaching staff to have though and puts pressure on all players to perform
So no stress, definitely not trying to be a keyboard warrior just engaging in some footy banter

KING tig, like you I don’t know either of them personally and I was only commenting on coaching change, which all clubs can do, that’s their committees choice and like you rightly have mentioned, players leave and arrive with coaching changes. Powelly were only 3 points of GF and if they have made changes and added to their list, again that’s great and as you mentioned if it’s all legal and above board they have clearly set the benchmark for Div 2. With points though, as I mentioned previous will be interesting to see how they fit everyone in, a good thing for coaching staff to have though and puts pressure on all players to perform
So no stress, definitely not trying to be a keyboard warrior just engaging in some footy banter
Well said mate and i will also be waiting too see how there points will work, very interesting.
Key board warrior was more directed at Mr Wilson mate as he seems to dodge any question and change subject when i have stumped him
Seems the tiga has his tounge 😉

James Iacono here & happy to put my name up for thoughs who wouldn’t know me as JNR..... For future reference Thunder1 gets a big tick ✅ as he had the correct spelling of my last name, it can be tricky....

One thing you quickly learn whilst coaching is you can’t keep everyone happy, and as you see some people become bitter & spiteful for whatever reason they feel they can justify... Even posting slanderous, ill informed comments under a alias like a coward.....

For the record I thoroughly enjoyed my coaching tenure at Powelltown FNC, A place where I first played in 2003....

I love club and particularly all the playing group. Last season was a crazy ride and what the team and the club accomplished albeit not the ultimate success Iam very proud of both.

Stay safe in these crazy times ✌🏼

James Iacono here & happy to put my name up for thoughs who wouldn’t know me as JNR..... For future reference Thunder1 gets a big tick ✅ as he had the correct spelling of my last name, it can be tricky....

One thing you quickly learn whilst coaching is you can’t keep everyone happy, and as you see some people become bitter & spiteful for whatever reason they feel they can justify... Even posting slanderous, ill informed comments under a alias like a coward.....

For the record I thoroughly enjoyed my coaching tenure at Powelltown FNC, A place where I first played in 2003....

I love club and particularly all the playing group. Last season was a crazy ride and what the team and the club accomplished albeit not the ultimate success Iam very proud of both.

Thanks for the big tick ✅ James. Like I said previously I am just a supporter of local footy and heard you address your players at quarter and three quarter time of a few games and I can only speak highly of the way you communicated with your players and coaching staff.
Yes unfortunately people can become bitter and I learnt a long time ago, there are only 2 types of coaches 1) those about to be appointed and 2) those about to be sacked.
I have no idea what you are doing footy wise in 2021 but hope you are playing somewhere and enjoying the game
Stay safe as well ✌️

Well said jr 👏
Be safe and good luck

Hello James. A well structured and composed post. Whilst not knowing you personally, I did hear some of your quarter time and three quarter time addresses as well,and thought they were delivered in an outstanding manner. I trust that another club acquires your services in 2021, for they will be richer for your presence from what I have seen.

Hear through the grapevine you and Stokes have headed back to Warburton. Interesting that Powelltown were happy to let two of their best 3 players leave to a rival. Especially a rival as strong as Warburton will be. That makes them even more formidable team going into 2021. Us boys over the hill certainly won't be looking forward to the Warby trip it's got 2006 written all over it for us blokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back