SEASON 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Nearly 4 hour round trip to watch your local side in the final.

I have no words at the complete incompetence of this league. I genuinely think they are trying to sink it.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the meetings where the decisions are made because honestly my brain can’t compute how you would possibly give a final to Broadford knowing teams that are near on 2 hours away could be playing in it.

Nearly 4 hour round trip to watch your local side in the final.

I have no words at the complete incompetence of this league. I genuinely think they are trying to sink it.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the meetings where the decisions are made because honestly my brain can’t compute how you would possibly give a final to Broadford knowing teams that are near on 2 hours away could be playing in it.

Given that some netball games are 40 minutes and you may only get a half. Four hours for twenty minutes of sport great thinking.

And if there is a low crowd figure at Broadford, the Kremlin will lay the blame on petrol prices or the weather (even if it was fine and sunny) or a pocket billiards competiton in Warragul competing against them for spectators. They are using the AFL playbook when it comes to owning actions and apologising.

And if there is a low crowd figure at Broadford, the Kremlin will lay the blame on petrol prices or the weather (even if it was fine and sunny) or a pocket billiards competiton in Warragul competing against them for spectators. They are using the AFL playbook when it comes to owning actions and apologising.

Finals venues should be as central as possible. This is not rocket science.

Finals venues should be as central as possible. This is not rocket science.
Imagine hosting Croydon vs Ringwood at Ballarat literally the same distance.

Whoever made this decision needs to be banished

AC834229-9A9F-4FE1-AE2B-B1766B1FB375.jpeg
The clubs are 24 minutes apart with a finals venue directly in the middle of them. I reckon a 2 year old could have figured this one out.

Last edited:

Un accountable which is the problem. You only have to loot at Div 1 which has been a farce due to ridiculous deals afforded to certain clubs.

The finals fixturing just tops off a complete shambles of a comp.

View attachment 1780971
The clubs are 24 minutes apart with a finals venue directly in the middle of them. I reckon a 2 year old could have figured this one out.
I know this is ridiculous for this particular fixture, but have you considered the fact there is also seconds football and 6 grades of netball? I know the broadford twos are playing and i know they had some good representation in netball in the first week of finals that may or may not be playing.

I know this is ridiculous for this particular fixture, but have you considered the fact there is also seconds football and 6 grades of netball? I know the broadford twos are playing and i know they had some good representation in netball in the first week of finals that may or may not be playing.

That's all good they can play at Yarra Glen or Healesville.

Congratulations to Alexandra on making Division 2 grand final.
Sets up a mouth watering clash between Warby and Powelltown, no love lost between these 2 clubs.

As for the finals being at Broadford, yeah not the smartest decision the league has made but I think it’s funny people whinging that it’s 2 hours from Powelltown to Broadford, not sure how many of the players actually live in Powelltown.

Any way, let’s hope for good weather, a decent crowd and 2 teams going hard at it for 4 quarters. Alexandra hope it’s a tough physical game as they sit back and prepare for the grand final the following week

As for the finals being at Broadford, yeah not the smartest decision the league has made but I think it’s funny people whinging that it’s 2 hours from Powelltown to Broadford, not sure how many of the players actually live in Powelltown.

Take your blinkers off. The talk has been around both clubs, Warby and Powelly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can twist and spin it any way you like but the league has scheduled these games at the furthest possible destination for the vast majority of clubs involved and I’m sure it’s because of some shoddy back room deal instead of the best interests of the fans and competing clubs 👍

Take your blinkers off. The talk has been around both clubs, Warby and Powelly.

oldsec I think I said it wasn’t the smartest decision by the league but you didn’t copy and paste that bit.
Bit defensive as well, I was just asking how many players actually live in Powelltown, maybe they actually live closer to Broadford, that all.

Maybe you should take your blue and red blinkers off 🤣🤣

Last edited:
oldsec I think I said it wasn’t the smartest decision by the league but you didn’t copy and paste that bit.
Bit defensive as well, I was just asking how many players actually live in Powelltown, maybe they actually live closer to Broadford, that all.

Maybe you should take your blue and red blinkers off 🤣🤣

pretty sure I did leave that part of your quote in! Nice chat again.

I get it’s inconvenient now but when the finals were allocated it could have been Alex vs yg in the seniors and Alex vs broadford in the twos. I’m not sure about netball.
Broadford are a part of our league with good facilities who are willing to host. Ticks almost every box
Ticks every box?

Club who has requested to leave the league ✅

Geographical the furthest possible club away for competing sides ✅

Unfair home ground advantage for a club in that division for netball and 2s football ✅

Yep fantastic 😆

For a league who has continually fixtures clubs last minute in finals this would have been an easy change for mine. But again I’m sure some moron made a deal with Broadford 👍

Ticks every box?

Club who has requested to leave the league ✅

Geographical the furthest possible club away for competing sides ✅

Unfair home ground advantage for a club in that division for netball and 2s football ✅

Yep fantastic 😆

For a league who has continually fixtures clubs last minute in finals this would have been an easy change for mine. But again I’m sure some moron made a deal with Broadford 👍
I said nearly every box. Geographically it doesn’t suit now the participating football teams have been decided. Are you suggesting final venues be decided on the Monday?
No decision could have been perfect for everyone.

I said nearly every box. Geographically it doesn’t suit now the participating football teams have been decided. Are you suggesting final venues be decided on the Monday?
No decision could have been perfect for everyone.
The leagues done it before….

Broadford should never have been offered a final with the possibility of clubs needing to travel nearly 2 hours to play. It’s in nowhere near imaginable in the outer east (let alone the east).

Just another ridiculous choice by the league.

My understanding is that there is a feeling that Warby & Powelly dont like each other much. Any other clubs supporters would likely take an interest in how this game will go and more than likely, drop into watch it. Being at Broadford i highly doubt that is the case. Not only is it inconvenient for the 2 clubs that are playing, what about all the punters that would of loved to do a bit of work in the morning and cruise down to watch a couple of clubs battle out a GF spot. Apart from the clubs competing there will be lucky to be anyone else around

My understanding is that there is a feeling that Warby & Powelly dont like each other much. Any other clubs supporters would likely take an interest in how this game will go and more than likely, drop into watch it. Being at Broadford i highly doubt that is the case. Not only is it inconvenient for the 2 clubs that are playing, what about all the punters that would of loved to do a bit of work in the morning and cruise down to watch a couple of clubs battle out a GF spot. Apart from the clubs competing there will be lucky to be anyone else around

How the hell does Warburton and Powelltown hate each other. No one from Powelltown actully plays for Powelltown.

Also if I hear one more time how wonderful Warburton is as they're full of local kids I will throw up.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

SEASON 2023