Event SEASON 36 RISING STAR AWARD NIGHT - Thursday 1800 AWST - Be there!

Who will win the S36 Rising Star?

• Ace Rimmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • big_icky

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Billy87

• caesar88

• cats_09

• DemurePrincess

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Drizzy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Footy Is The Win

• Freddy Swift

• Gralin

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • HotPiesWithSauce

• Irish BlueBagger

• Iva Bigun

• JoseMourinho

• King Tenz

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • madman18

• nobbyiscool

• Ocha905

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Pistol Night

• Pure Grunt

• ScrappyDo

• Shuestar13

• The Sultan

• TigerImposter

• Tjohn

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Post 6 - All-Rookie XXI team
Ok, we've got the posting ... we've got the qooty stats ... but what does it all mean?!

It means we now name the SFA ALL-ROOKIE XXI team!

Where can I start by describing this group? If I had to use one word, it would be 'impressive'. Why? As a group, they have the #1 DreamTeam scorer (Pure Grunt , and the #1 game thread (total) poster (Gralin ). Damned impressive if you ask me!

We must also recognise that mean feat would be impossible without solid leadership and blind faith from their team LGs. To be the ‘best’ rookie, they have to be named in high scoring qooty positions (#blessedbythesim) or feel comfortable enough to spam up a weekly thread.

From 25 rookies, down to the best 21 ... I give you the S36 ALL-ROOKIE team!

1700736230216.png
Footy Is The Win madman18 TJohn Billy87 ScrappyDo Shuestar13 HotPiesWithSauce

Falconista - just imagine if you started me in the ruck from round 1 rather than as a mid-season change up following a week I sat on the bench 😉😂
Ok, we've got the posting ... we've got the qooty stats ... but what does it all mean?!

Where can I start by describing this group? If I had to use one word, it would be 'impressive'. Why? As a group, they have the #1 DreamTeam scorer (Pure Grunt , and the #1 game thread (total) poster (Gralin ). Damned impressive if you ask me!

We must also recognise that mean feat would be impossible without solid leadership and blind faith from their team LGs. To be the ‘best’ rookie, they have to be named in high scoring qooty positions (#blessedbythesim) or feel comfortable enough to spam up a weekly thread.

View attachment 1859550
See cats_09 it's not just me that selects you out of position.

That makes it pretty simple then.

Going by the comments, I'd currently be sitting in second spot. So all we need to do is remove Gralin from the options and replace him with me and I win.

I know Gralin will support this proposal :thumbsu:

Moira Rose Quit GIF by Schitt's Creek

View attachment 1859550

XXI

Confused Little Girl GIF

View attachment 1859550

gyp.gif

View attachment 1859550
I'm stuck on the same side of the ground as all the wooden spooners :eekv1:

View attachment 1859550
3 on the bench
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

INTERMISSION - Rookies say the darndest
That's right folks, we're taking a short intermission while the main courses are served to your tables. (Happy now Tigerturbulance ?)

While on this short break, I'm going to share a short segment I like to call .....

1700736481000.png

Fred: You’ve been on BigFooty for a number of years, how did you end up sign to the <team name> for Season 36?
  • DemurePrincess: I think you’re mistaken there. I’m as green as they f*****g come! I ended up at the Phoenix bc it was the only place to start. My buddy asked me to come play (fill a hole more like it) and I didn’t think I’d actually like it, or even get involved … well, well, well! And the rest is history!
  • Ocha905: I posted sporadically, mostly on the North, Main, Music and Media boards. What changed was a seemingly innocuous tag to compete in the Song Contest (SC) by future teammate Purple7x08_24 .
  • Irish Bluebagger: Robertio was impressed at my efforts winding up Collingwood fans on the main board.:laughv1: So he sent me an invite via pm to join the OOBS and i was more than happy to accept it.
  • Cats_09: I blame Wordle!
  • The Sultan: I was invited by the late, great Sun-Ra (RIP). He took a liking to my sarcastic s**t posting in bay 13, and other assorted threads and forums. I had NFI what SFA was all about assumed it was a dreamteam / supercoach type deal. He said that said that the bombers were the most hated team in the league, so thought id give it a crack.
  • Gralin: It's a tale as old as time. Kennedy Parker did a charity tour of the General Discussion board and from there I got sucked into the most recent Light v Dark charity match.

Fred: What game day thread was your favourite?

• Irish Bluebagger: First match thread we had with the Bombers. That was epic! The Bombers are a great bunch of people. They have some very funny characters on their team BLUEALLTHRU being the standout one! The Bombers and the Swamprats would be my favourite oppo teams.
  • King Tenz: My first Wonders thread. Man, shoutout Wonders, they’re cool af.
  • DemurePrincess: Always the Bombers. Best banter in qooty! A week of laughter is good for the soul.
  • The Sultan: No specific thread but always enjoy posting music videos on a Friday night usually after six beers, and some herbal medication
  • Cats_09: I'd go with our Round 9 match versus Mount Buller Demons - it was just a crazy, random thread that was somehow overtaken by otters, and just some fun banter across the well.
  • Ocha905: The Bombers surprisingly! I'm pretty mild mannered but they had the most distinctive culture of a team, were riotously hilarious, aren't afraid to push buttons, and have the best initiative in Friday Night Tunes.
  • Gralin: Without doubt the first match thread against the Wonders, it started out with a really fun and active Monday night with heaps of both team online and having fun posting, was just a great atmosphere and vibe all week.

Fred: What game day thread was your least favourite?

• King Tenz: Roys
  • Irish Bluebagger: the Gold City Royals. A few of the Pies supporters on their teams had a go off me and Carlton, i fought back as is my right and they all got offended and blamed me for causing the thread to become nasty and unpleasant! Bunch of muppets!
  • DemurePrincess: Gumbies (kill me now! I don’t think they appreciated some DP), Bears (stab me with a fork!), Wonders (hate me so they can all f**k right off), Furies (can’t remember so they must be sh*t), and I can’t remember the names of the others.
  • Ocha905: The Royals x2. Seems like half the team blocked me from the outset and it really demotivated me to participate in their matchday threads.
  • Gralin: There were a few threads that for different reasons just didn't end up being as much fun, whether it was people not around much to engage with due to real life commitments or way too many youtube songs spammed in a thread like its good content

Fred: If you were SFA Admin for a day, what is one thing about the SFA you would change?

• King Tenz: Not sure what you could do as admin in one day without committee approval. I don’t think I’d change anything tbh.
  • DemurePrincess: The swearing filter. Like FFS! We’re all adults. Let us be adults and be proud when we drop the C – B O M B S. And the warnings for talking about things that are taboo here. Like getting high, or dildo GIFs.
  • Gralin: I'd have to disband the Bombers for the lols I think
  • The Sultan: Invite only game day threads (for players) and a loosing of BF standard rules.
  • Ocha905: I would try to create more initiatives (I'm sure there's been plenty btw!) to attract new players as I'd never heard of the SFA for most of my time on BigFooty and didn't understand what it was when I first heard of it. I would have loved to have been a part of it earlier.
  • Irish Bluebagger: I'd look at adding another two or three expansion teams. A fantasy international rules Australia v Rest Of The World game would be fun as well. I'd probably kick the Gold City Royals out of the competition as well.

Fred: What would mean more to you … winning the Rising Star or winning the EKA? Why?

• King Tenz: Neither. I gave up hope of winning anything a long time ago brother. I’ll make my own damn award and give it to myself.
  • The Sultan: either... im sure my missus will roll her eyes and ask is that the stupid footy site that your always on ? when I tell her.
  • Gralin: Oh definitely the EKA its on SweetFA+
  • Cats_09: The Rising Star would mean more as some of my off-field work has been pretty shocking this season and not deserving of such an honour - definitely more worthy recipients.
  • DemurePrincess: I want to take this as serious as you all but I just can’t because I actually can’t believe there is an award for having a big mouth!

Last edited:
That's right folks, we're taking a short intermission while the main courses are served to your tables. (Happy now Tigerturbulance ?)

While on this short break, I'm going to share a short segment I like to call .....

View attachment 1859551
  1. Fred: You’ve been on BigFooty for a number of years, how did you end up sign to the <team name> for Season 36?
    • DemurePrincess: I think you’re mistaken there. I’m as green as they f*****g come! I ended up at the Phoenix bc it was the only place to start. My buddy asked me to come play (fill a hole more like it) and I didn’t think I’d actually like it, or even get involved … well, well, well! And the rest is history!
      Ocha905: I posted sporadically, mostly on the North, Main, Music and Media boards. What changed was a seemingly innocuous tag to compete in the Song Contest (SC) by future teammate Purple7x08_24.
      Irish Bluebagger: Robertio was impressed at my efforts winding up Collingwood fans on the main board.:laughv1: So he sent me an invite via pm to join the OOBS and i was more than happy to accept it.
      Cats_09: I blame Wordle!
      The Sultan: I was invited by the late, great Sun-Ra (RIP). He took a liking to my sarcastic s**t posting in bay 13, and other assorted threads and forums. I had NFI what SFA was all about assumed it was a dreamteam / supercoach type deal. He said that said that the bombers were the most hated team in the league, so thought id give it a crack.
      Gralin: It's a tale as old as time. Kennedy Parker did a charity tour of the General Discussion board and from there I got sucked into the most recent Light v Dark charity match.
  2. Fred: What game day thread was your favourite?
    • Irish Bluebagger: First match thread we had with the Bombers. That was epic! The Bombers are a great bunch of people. They have some very funny characters on their team BLUEALLTHRU being the standout one! The Bombers and the Swamprats would be my favourite oppo teams.
    • DemurePrincess: Always the Bombers. Best banter in qooty! A week of laughter is good for the soul.
    • The Sultan: No specific thread but always enjoy posting music videos on a Friday night usually after six beers, and some herbal medication
    • Cats_09: I'd go with our Round 9 match versus Mount Buller Demons - it was just a crazy, random thread that was somehow overtaken by otters, and just some fun banter across the well.
    • Ocha905: The Bombers surprisingly! I'm pretty mild mannered but they had the most distinctive culture of a team, were riotously hilarious, aren't afraid to push buttons, and have the best initiative in Friday Night Tunes.
    • Gralin: Without doubt the first match thread against the Wonders, it started out with a really fun and active Monday night with heaps of both team online and having fun posting, was just a great atmosphere and vibe all week.
  3. Fred: What game day thread was your least favourite?
    • King Tenz: Roys
    • Irish Bluebagger: the Gold City Royals. A few of the Pies supporters on their teams had a go off me and Carlton, i fought back as is my right and they all got offended and blamed me for causing the thread to become nasty and unpleasant! Bunch of muppets!
    • DemurePrincess: Gumbies (kill me now! I don’t think they appreciated some DP), Bears (stab me with a fork!), Wonders (hate me so they can all f**k right off), Furies (can’t remember so they must be sh*t), and I can’t remember the names of the others.
    • Ocha905: The Royals x2. Seems like half the team blocked me from the outset and it really demotivated me to participate in their matchday threads.
    • Gralin: There were a few threads that for different reasons just didn't end up being as much fun, whether it was people not around much to engage with due to real life commitments or way too many youtube songs spammed in a thread like its good content
  4. Fred: What would mean more to you … winning the Rising Star or winning the EKA? Why?
    • King Tenz: Neither. I gave up hope of winning anything a long time ago brother. I’ll make my own damn award and give it to myself.
    • The Sultan: either... im sure my missus will roll her eyes and ask is that the stupid footy site that your always on ? when I tell her.
    • Gralin: Oh definitely the EKA its on SweetFA+
    • Cats_09: The Rising Star would mean more as some of my off-field work has been pretty shocking this season and not deserving of such an honour - definitely more worthy recipients.
    • DemurePrincess: I want to take this as serious as you all but I just can’t because I actually can’t believe there is an award for having a big mouth!
RIP BF formatting (i give up making it look nice right now)

See cats_09 it's not just me that selects you out of position.

I think you moved me to defence one match and that's the one I was subbed out 5 minutes into the game and then returned with similar time left until the final siren - I took that to mean I didn't really impress as a defender, but seems the "rookie team of the year" selectors saw things differently to the rest of us

😂😂😂

Fred: What game day thread was your favourite?
x2 Wonders. See damicky They love us :love:

Post 7 - Rising Star Countdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Event SEASON 36 RISING STAR AWARD NIGHT - Thursday 1800 AWST - Be there!

Back