Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 5 - Coney Island Warriors v Mount Buller Demons at Van Cortlandt Park

Who will kick more goals and how many will they kick?

• Sausageroll 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sausageroll 15

• Filthy 10

• Gralin 500

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but what’s even more awesome is that Freofalcon is currently there :)

Don’t worry FF if you get bored you can always hit the bar and down a couple of vodka cruisers.
Couple of Stolis with the girls. :$

I thought it was red but it’s faded to a pinky colour.

I didn’t realise until a girl on the train said she liked my pink shirt.
My wife bought me a white shirt online with a picture of Jye Amiss and ‘Jye Doesn’t Miss’ written on it. He’s my Freo board buddy too so i was very excited about this.

Wore it once and then she washed it with a red towel in the load. It’s now a pink Jye Amiss shirt ☹️

I did a Rat test today and was shocked I don’t have Covid TBH.
Hope you start to feel better soon.

It’s not as bad as the first time I had it, just tired & heavy head cold symptoms - hope you’re feeling better soon too!

At a wedding last weekend and pretty much everyone there including the other half now has it accept me. Guess I am just made of better stuff :think:

1709378978493.jpeg

Also the wedding was in Melbourne - WTF is it with you Melbournians and Covid ffs

Ok, here's my weekly poetry

In a study draped in the shadows of twilight, I sat, a prisoner of grief. The loss of my muse, Amara, a rising poet with eyes like twilight and laughter that echoed chimes, had hollowed my life. Worn books, once sources of inspiration, now mocked me from the shelves. Each creak of the old house seemed to whisper her name, each gust of wind a mournful sigh.

Suddenly, a tapping at my window. It wasn't the harsh pecking of a raven, but a gentle, rhythmic tapping. I opened the window with a hesitant hand, expecting despair to enter. Instead, a tiny hummingbird, its feathers shimmering like emeralds in the fading light, fluttered in.

It perched on the edge of my desk, its tiny heart beating like a drum against the silence. Unlike the Raven of Poe's despair, this creature wasn't a harbinger of doom, but a spark of life. Its presence, so vibrant and unexpected, seemed to ask, "Why are you letting grief imprison you?"

Shame washed over me. Amara wouldn't have wanted me to drown in sorrow. She, who found beauty in the smallest things, wouldn't have let her absence become a cage. Her memory should be a source of inspiration, not despair.

Taking a deep breath, I picked up one of her journals. Each page held a universe of emotions, dreams, and observations. As I read, the hummingbird remained, a silent companion. In Amara's words, I found not the echo of loss, but the symphony of her life.

Inspired, I dipped my pen in ink. The words flowed, not a lament for what was gone, but a celebration of what had been. I wrote of her laugh, her vibrant spirit, and the way she found magic in the ordinary. As I wrote, the room seemed to lose its gloom. The wind no longer moaned, but whispered encouragement.

The hummingbird, witnessing my shift, took flight, a tiny emerald streak against the darkening sky. It wasn't a raven haunting me with "Nevermore," but a reminder that life, even in the face of loss, held beauty and the promise of new beginnings.
Amara was gone, but her spirit, like the hummingbird's vibrant wings, had shown me the way out of the darkness. The Raven, a symbol of despair, had been transformed into a hummingbird, a reminder that even in the face of loss, there is always room for hope and the chance to create something beautiful.

At a wedding last weekend and pretty much everyone there including the other half now has it accept me. Guess I am just made of better stuff :think:

View attachment 1918061

Also the wedding was in Melbourne - WTF is it with you Melbournians and Covid ffs
1709379360921.gif

In a study draped in the shadows of twilight, I sat, a prisoner of grief. The loss of my muse, Amara, a rising poet with eyes like twilight and laughter that echoed chimes, had hollowed my life. Worn books, once sources of inspiration, now mocked me from the shelves. Each creak of the old house seemed to whisper her name, each gust of wind a mournful sigh.

Suddenly, a tapping at my window. It wasn't the harsh pecking of a raven, but a gentle, rhythmic tapping. I opened the window with a hesitant hand, expecting despair to enter. Instead, a tiny hummingbird, its feathers shimmering like emeralds in the fading light, fluttered in.

It perched on the edge of my desk, its tiny heart beating like a drum against the silence. Unlike the Raven of Poe's despair, this creature wasn't a harbinger of doom, but a spark of life. Its presence, so vibrant and unexpected, seemed to ask, "Why are you letting grief imprison you?"

Shame washed over me. Amara wouldn't have wanted me to drown in sorrow. She, who found beauty in the smallest things, wouldn't have let her absence become a cage. Her memory should be a source of inspiration, not despair.

Taking a deep breath, I picked up one of her journals. Each page held a universe of emotions, dreams, and observations. As I read, the hummingbird remained, a silent companion. In Amara's words, I found not the echo of loss, but the symphony of her life.

Inspired, I dipped my pen in ink. The words flowed, not a lament for what was gone, but a celebration of what had been. I wrote of her laugh, her vibrant spirit, and the way she found magic in the ordinary. As I wrote, the room seemed to lose its gloom. The wind no longer moaned, but whispered encouragement.

The hummingbird, witnessing my shift, took flight, a tiny emerald streak against the darkening sky. It wasn't a raven haunting me with "Nevermore," but a reminder that life, even in the face of loss, held beauty and the promise of new beginnings.
Amara was gone, but her spirit, like the hummingbird's vibrant wings, had shown me the way out of the darkness. The Raven, a symbol of despair, had been transformed into a hummingbird, a reminder that even in the face of loss, there is always room for hope and the chance to create something beautiful.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
This card was expensive,
Take off your clothes.

I have something in my eye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* magpie noises *

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
This card was expensive,
Take off your clothes.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Get in the van.

Well I went to Ballarat today and watched the most boringest game of soccer in Christendom. Tickets were free though and the local brewery gave away beer to ticketholders so it wasn’t a complete loss.

IMG_7674.gif

Uf67i81.gif

Good morning to my fabulous Buller comrades and to the Wazzas!

A glorious day for #Hate350. Hope you are feeling better today cartwright.

Time to go on another adventure! Isn't life fun?

Good morning to my fabulous Buller comrades and to the Wazzas!

A glorious day for #Hate350. Hope you are feeling better today cartwright.

Time to go on another adventure! Isn't life fun?
Good moring, congrats on your impending win

Yes but what’s even more awesome is that Freofalcon is currently there :)

Don’t worry FF if you get bored you can always hit the bar and down a couple of vodka cruisers.
Not afraid to admit that Pink puts on a pretty good show.

Cruisers may have helped as well. Thanks for the tip.

Back