Official Match Thread Season 37, Round 8: Ophidian Old Boys vs Fighting Furies at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest rivalry has always been Melbourne v Sydney, the two biggest cities, different codes of football, different names for a pot of beer and always trying to out do one another. Over in Adelaide if you go out you don't say you're from Victoria or you could land in trouble and up in beautiful Darwin it's like a wild west town where you should be wearing a gun.
Rugby league is not my cup of tea at all mate. I'm not that keen on rugby union either.

Rugby league is not my cup of tea at all mate. I'm not that keen on rugby union either.
I've never watched a rugby game, but i always enjoyed the international rules games between the Australians and the Irish.

I think we've been talking to ourselves for the last four pages!:laughv1: Furies where the hell are you?

Will you have to forfeit the game due to lack of numbers?:laughv1: Will ye wake the eff up!:laughv1:

I've never watched a rugby game, but i always enjoyed the international rules games between the Australians and the Irish.
We haven't had that in a few years mate. We were going to have one in 2020 but Covid put a spanner in the works.

We need to have another series next year hopefully.

Good morning all. Early start today - first bounce around 3pm AEDST. Good luck to the Old Boys, and I hope the Furies lose by 5000 points.
Awww. You say the nicest things philreich 😄🍎🥕

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I was looking forward to popcorn and bronie chat, but nothing happened.
Just a few holographic messages.
From the lonely planet Furies.
100-8.gif
I think she is saying Help me OOBie ones - Kenney Camel Ben OObie! You're our only hope!
Well we tried Frederico_WA ,
We tried but the time lag between our planet and yours proved too much.
Hopefully you and your team are safely transported for the game today.

We Turbo's Tigerturbulance have irl commitments this afternoon...
So gunna trust the mighty OOBs to do their magic in our absence

Truth is... I think the Furrballs like Frederico_WA are already in hiding
View attachment 1937763

Others like ShaunDuggan look just plain worried..

View attachment 1937773

And I am uncertain if James Colorado just remembered how much he spent on drinks the other day

View attachment 1937772

or just woke up realising he's playing the Mighty OOBs.

Happy Game Day everyone!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
OOBs!

I'm a dog person.

This game is going to be a bloodbath.

Good morning all. Early start today - first bounce around 3pm AEDST. Good luck to the Old Boys, and I hope the Furies lose by 5000 points.
Got a true story for you philreich . Went out for dinner the other night with some friends. Were telling them that a poor student we know drove her car into a pole and is up for $800. Our friend says wonderingly 'Wow, that must have been a very special pole'. And wasn't joking... shamefaced admitted it after double checking. For some reason my thoughts turned to you!

I'm a dog person.

This game is going to be a bloodbath.
Finally a Furie has arrived on the scene!:laughv1: You'll need a hell of a lot more than two people to win the game though.:laughv1:

Finally a Furie has arrived on the scene!:laughv1: You'll need a hell of a lot more than two people to win the game though.:laughv1:

We don't want to win, not sure where you have been hiding the last few seasons, but we are here to lose.

Anything more than that is a failure.

We don't want to win, not sure where you have been hiding the last few seasons, but we are here to lose.

Anything more than that is a failure.

Ohhhh, you're Irish.

My bad.

Carry on as you were.

Ohhhh, you're Irish.

My bad.

Carry on as you were.
I'm just glad that your captain has one poster who showed up for duty today at least!

Ireland is full of great people and he's one of the best.

Confused Little Girl GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 37, Round 8: Ophidian Old Boys vs Fighting Furies at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back