Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 11: Mount Buller Demons v Coney Island Warriors at The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats Up Wassup GIF by First We Feast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I meant turbo cards. Which can be made from any stiff cardboard...plus a peg as attachment. Bingo, your pushy is now a loud motorcycle menace to society (much like my current old man's touring bike)

I don't even expect the Worriers to come out and playay this weekend. Such is our dominance.
Can you dig it?
Is this guy lost or are we playing the Dragons this week?

Is this guy lost or are we playing the Dragons this week?
Fair go.

We've been called a lot of things, but never the Dragons.

Insults like that are really hurtful.

View attachment 2128771
Agent93 Barrybran brian_muz Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Ocha905 pantskyle Paracleet Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 raffrox Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster Stokey The Filth Wizard TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat zackah

View attachment 2128828

Greetings Wazzas, I hope this eleventh edition of Know Your Opponents for season 38 finds you.

We're climbing a mountain this week and visiting our friends at Mount Buller, who go by many names. Not only do they live on top of a mountain, they also currently reside atop the summit that is the qooty ladder so they know a thing about heights. So it will come as no surprise that the Quinness World Records that I will be referencing today in relation to our hosts are to do with mountains and things that are high (not that kind of high The Filth Wizard sorry). Please consider...

View attachment 2128855

Many of you won't remember this, but there used to be this great pizza place on Mount Buller which opened around the time of my first visit back in season 29 or 30. Then unfortunately it fell down during the Great Earthquake of Mount Buller a couple of season later. Since then they have to get pizzas delivered from other parts of Sweet, but it's no comparison to when the first Pizza Hut opened in Tanzania in 2016. They delivered a pizza to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, which at 5,895 metres is the highest altitude pizza delivery. The pizza was cold as heck but it got there.

There's also a burger joint in Tanzania called Honest Burgers who matched that altitude in breaking the world's highest-altitude burger delivery when they delivered a vacuum sealed vegan burger to the summit of Kilimanjaro. Doesn't sound very honest to me if I'm being frank, and I'm not Frank I'm Bob. And if you're wondering, the fastest time to walk up Mount Kilimanjaro backwards is 24 hours and 40 minutes. This was done by Nepali mountaineer Sanjay Pandit on the 18th of December 2015.

View attachment 2128857

Then there's Romanian Thurzó Zoltán who combined his two loves of music and nature and took out the Quinness World Record for the highest altitude grand piano performance when he tickled the ivories at Everest Base Camp on the 13 of June 2022. At a height of 5,364 metres I would have hated to be oldmate that lifted the piano up there. Or if you like more doof in your music there's the trio of Pakistani DJ's in Nosher Ali Khan, DJ Ghasuray, and Saad Ata Barcha who combined to perform the world's highest DJ set near the summit of the 6,050 metre high Minglik Sar on the 25th of July 2021.

Then you have the world's highest altitude ATM. Installed by the National Bank of Pakistan in the Khunjerab Pass of Gilgit Baltistan on the 8th of November 2016, it sits at a height of 4,692 metres. The highest altitude of microplastics found on land was on Mount Everest's South Col (8,440 metres) in May 2019, the highest altitude firewalk was held at 3,456 metres in Jungfraujoch, Switzerland on the 26 of May 2016 by the Adelaide Football Club I think it was, and the highest altitude wooo was at a height of 1,805 metres by cooney a few weeks ago.

Enjoy the week fellas!​
Woooo Tonga bob!!

Good morning thread!

The sun is shining, and I have been tasked with putting together a new BBQ today.

the simpsons surprise GIF
Oh why doesn’t mine look like that? Le grille what the hell is that

Good morning thread!

The sun is shining, and I have been tasked with putting together a new BBQ today.

the simpsons surprise GIF
That’s a fine looking bbq pit

I'm reading the first few pages of this thread and I suddenly don't feel bad about missing them live.
Don't miss out on any of my pure gold though. It's dotted throughout.

And a very good morning to my fabulous Buller comrades and hello Warriors!

I just love love how school holidays unleash chaos in supermarkets.

Whatever you do today, do it high-viz.
I'm the only one in our office building today, mogs.

I've taken my shoes off.

Wild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 11: Mount Buller Demons v Coney Island Warriors at The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back