Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 11: Mount Buller Demons v Coney Island Warriors at The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's try this again... Tonga Bob should we use this round to roll out the new Warriors song? What was the base tune we decided on again?
I've told you on at least three separate occasions that "It's Raining Men" is subject to copyright!

Let's try this again... Tonga Bob should we use this round to roll out the new Warriors song? What was the base tune we decided on again?
We ended up with Yakety Sax didn't we?

I thought we ditched that one when we realised it had no lyrics? I know the short list included:
Cows with Guns - Dana Lyons
Scatman (Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop) - Scatman John
Jump Around - House of Pain
Actually, turns out House of Pain is taken. Shame. Can you imagine this atmosphere at Coney Island? Our fans would turn this up to 11. This x Warriors = **** Yeah! Even the whore tree would be jumpin'

House of Pain - College Football

well it looks like I'm playing on FootyGuy13

napoleon dynamite GIF

Actually, turns out House of Pain is taken. Shame. Can you imagine this atmosphere at Coney Island? Our fans would turn this up to 11. This x Warriors = **** Yeah! Even the whore tree would be jumpin'

House of Pain - College Football

I haven't seen a song whip up a crowd that much since the release in 1989 of Belgian techno anthem Pump Up The Jam.

F*** there's some good ones in there.

I'm going to go with some of the lesser known songs...
3. Anything, Anything (Dramarama) - I have all of their albums. This is the song that kicked it off for me.
2. Johnson's Aeroplane (INXS) - Almost knocked Soul Mistake and To Look at You off top spot from their songs when it came out.
1. A Forest (The Cure) - always loved the song but loved it more when I saw their live version to drag out their live performance when they were told to get off stage early to make way for Robert Palmer.

Others that could've easily been in the top 3...
Sad Lisa, Jesus Built My Hotrod, Ace of Spades, Aneurism, Bradman, Orange Crush, That Ain't Bad, Vasoline, Take a Long Line (but well down in my favourite Angels songs), Rock Lobster, Hate to Say I Told You So, How Soon is Now, Berlin Chair, Hurt.

A Forest is a banger,

Robert Smith is a talented panda looking dude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well it looks like I'm playing on FootyGuy13

napoleon dynamite GIF
FootyGuy13 has been doing some special training to prepare for the matchup.

Thankfully though he'll put you back together again in time for qricket season. Better. Stronger. Faster. You'll be the Six Million Dollar Muppet.

FootyGuy13 has been doing some special training to prepare for the matchup.

Thankfully though he'll put you back together again in time for qricket season. Better. Stronger. Faster. You'll be the Six Million Dollar Muppet.

so thats what this turd grew up to be

1727937312715.jpeg

I haven't seen a song whip up a crowd that much since the release in 1989 of Belgian techno anthem Pump Up The Jam.

I like to wake the kids up by playing them bad 80s music really loud. They cry. They say they hate me. It's hilarious. Anyway, usually I go for classic hair metal (kick Start My Heart, Love Bites etc.). This morning, I might just have blasted a little Pump Up The Jam. They're going to be so messed up when they're older. My job is done.

A Forest is a banger,

Robert Smith is a talented panda looking dude

Yeah, a lot of what the Cure did in the 80s, and even into the early 90s, was great

and please confirm, cats2rise ... Is Robert Smith a panda looking dude?

Although my poor understanding of the concept of time has thwarted me once again im currently trying to kill time entirely at work so I’m also going to do a 321 Tonga Bob of you’re impressively good playlist

I’ve given it a lot of thought and after much deliberation I realised I’m technologically illiterate and need my computer to do some heavy lifting for the joke to land

Although my poor understanding of the concept of time has thwarted me once again im currently trying to kill time entirely at work so I’m also going to do a 321 Tonga Bob of you’re impressively good playlist

I’ve given it a lot of thought and after much deliberation I realised I’m technologically illiterate and need my computer to do some heavy lifting for the joke to land
I will be waiting with bated breath for your votes and/or your joke to land.

1727938162603.png

Yeah, a lot of what the Cure did in the 80s, and even into the early 90s, was great

and please confirm, cats2rise ... Is Robert Smith a panda looking dude?

I used to watch the talking heads stop making sense and cure greatest music video dvds as a kid

Safe to say a disproportionate number of my nightmares involved comically oversized suits and giant spiders in marching bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 11: Mount Buller Demons v Coney Island Warriors at The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back