Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Baghdad Bombers v Mount Buller Demons at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Evening Demons!

Welcome to beautiful Baghdad - where mysteries and adventures
await!

View attachment 2134630
Captain Jabba welcomes you…….
View attachment 2134650
Upon entering the prison grounds, please remove all valuables from your pockets and leave in these safety boxes provided!
(However, I can’t guarantee their return)

Thank you for your co-operation
View attachment 2134645
Don’t be fooled by the outside appearance… the inside is like when Willy Wonka opens his chocolate room door but unfortunately nothing is edible in here
View attachment 2134649
As a custom and law, please keep all bodies parts covered by wearing the hijabs provided for you in each of your cells!
View attachment 2134651
If you wish to leave the prison compound… please notify our head of tours so an armed car and troops can be arranged.

View attachment 2134659
There is a table of refreshing delicacies and refreshing lemonade with a hint of cardamom if you are feeling parched…
Please keep your fluids up here! You will piss more in your life here than anywhere else so please stay hydrated!
View attachment 2134658

Enjoy your stay Delons!

And please accept this gracious gift…

View attachment 2134664

If Jabba is around, we expect all princesses to wear a metallic princess leia style bikini.

Awwww! That’s so sweet! We don’t get that at Baghdad.. it’s more treat em mean keep em keep kinda deal!
Slap Love GIF by felat delibalta
Camel Kiss GIF

I heard it was more like this

If Jabba is around, we expect all princesses to wear a metallic princess leia style bikini.
I really don’t know if AI will come to the party with that hey? She’s a little prudish at times…
I’ll be back 😬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OOF. I was just flicking through Spotify trying to pick something to listen to at work.

Blues Brothers soundtrack here we come.

Like from scratch… boiled and all???
What flavours?
Pics please when finished..
Actually not making them today but I do make them often :p absolutely from scratch using my sourdough starter.

IMG_6776.jpeg

IMG_6775.jpeg

Ya know how they say you are gonna die from something…

My gravestone will read…

Sweet as candy!
But it was the candy that got her in the end!!

IMG_5897.jpeg

**** I eat shit lol

1728275749050.png

vs

1728275780540.png

Let's start with a little bit of humour:

An attorney arrived home late, after a very tough day trying to get a stay of execution. His last minute plea for clemency to the governor had failed and he was feeling worn out and depressed.

As soon as he walked through the door at home, his wife started on him about, 'What time of night to be getting home is this? Where have you been? Dinner is cold and I'm not reheating it'!!

Too shattered to play his usual role in this familiar ritual, he poured himself a shot of whiskey and headed off for a long hot soak in the bathtub, pursued by the predictable sarcastic remarks as he dragged himself up the stairs.

While he was in the bath, the phone rang. The wife answered and was told that her husband's client, James Wright, had been granted a stay of execution after all. Wright would not be hanged tonight.

Finally realising what a terrible day he must have had, she decided to go upstairs and give him the good news. As she opened the bathroom door, she was greeted by the sight of her husband, bent over naked, drying his legs and feet.

'They're not hanging Wright tonight,' she said.

He whirled around and screamed, "FFS woman don't you ever let up?"

It's top v bottom this week, and with the Warriors and Furies both having the week off, it's an ideal opportunity for the Dees to steal a bit of a march on their rivals. Meanwhile, the hapless Bombers are now 2 games behind the 12th placed Bears, and if they want to hand the spoon over to someone else (I'm not saying they do - just saying), they're running out of time.

Let's look at the players from each team, who starred and embarrassed themselves in the last round:

Bombers

Who’s hot

MayTheNorthBeWithU: 12 hit outs, 20 possessions & 6 tackles

DemurePrincess: 16 possessions, 7 tackles & a goal

Who’s not

The Sultan: 3 possessions

KohPhi: 3 possessions

Demons

Who’s hot

p4p1: 30 possessions & 7 marks

sausageroll: 9 goals!!!

Who’s not

Azarole: 2 possessions

DERO: 2 possessions

Who wins?

Who knows - my tipping recently has been about as good as Sydney's form in the grand final. I'll say the Demons will triumph by 7 points.

Captains: please post your team sheets by 11.59pm AWST on Thursday!
At first I was wondering why I didn't get a notification that the match thread had been started, and then I wondered why I didn't get a notification that I'd been tagged in the OP

...then I checked my notifications and they were both there.

Great start to the week :thumbsu:

And a very good afternoon to my fabulous Buller comrades and Salaam Alaikum Bombers!

Pretty much a waste of a morning on hold to government departments.

Whatever you do today, do it with patience.

At first I was wondering why I didn't get a notification that the match thread had been started, and then I wondered why I didn't get a notification that I'd been tagged in the OP

...then I checked my notifications and they were both there.

Great start to the week :thumbsu:
Oh My God Omg GIF by Gogglebox Australia

And a very good afternoon to my fabulous Buller comrades and Salaam Alaikum Bombers!

Pretty much a waste of a morning on hold to government departments.

Whatever you do today, do it with patience.
I've been walking the streets at night, just trying to get it right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Baghdad Bombers v Mount Buller Demons at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back