Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Ophidian Old Boys v Sin City Swamprats at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

U2tigers walks into a bar after a long day at work and orders a drink. As he sits there, mulling over his day, he hears a high-pitched voice say, "That shirt looks great on you!”
Bono looks around, doesn’t see anything, and returns to his drink thinking nothing more of it. But then, a moment later, the voice returns, this time offering, “You seem like a really cool guy!”
Again, Bono looks around, sees nothing, and returns to his drink, wondering if he should get checked out by a professional. Finally, when his nerves have cooled and he believes the voice is gone, he hears, “I bet your parents are really proud of you!”
He slams down his drink and looks around wildly. Frustrated and finding no possible source of the voice, he calls over the bartender. He says, “Hey Elton Johns Wig What’s that voice I keep hearing?”
“Oh, those are the peanuts,” the Wig replies. “They’re complimentary.”
U2tigers also had a very nasty experience last week. He was sitting at the bar on Monday, when a giant cockroach came out of nowhere and punched him in the nose. By the time he turned around, the perpetrator had vanished.

He was at the bar again on Tuesday, when the same cockroach appeared, and pushed him off his stool. Again, by the time he dusted himself off, the cowardly cockroach had disappeared.

He returned to the bar on Wednesday, and this time the cockroach decided to step his crimes up a notch - he produced a knife, and stabbed his victim in the back!!! An ambulance was called, and once at the hospital, U2tigers recounted the events of the last few days.

When he had finished his story, the doctor shook his head and said, "Ah yes - I heard there was a nasty bug going around."

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Hi mate 👋🏼

Are you an OOB as well?

I like old cars.
You wouldn't like a Datsun 120Y. Inoffensive but slow as a wet week and made of tinfoil. Those that didn't rust out within 18 months would crumple into a ball at the slightest nudge in a parking lot.

(We had a red one in 1976, Mum liked it)

You wouldn't like a Datsun 120Y. Inoffensive but slow as a wet week and made of tinfoil. Those that didn't rust out within 18 months would crumple into a ball at the slightest nudge in a parking lot.

I'd never heard of this model, so went a'googlin...

ah ha: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Sunny

"Exported as the Datsun 120Y and Datsun B210 (in North America), the third generation (1973–1978) Sunny was extremely popular as it debuted during the 1973 oil crisis."

I remember the B210, particularly the ugly coupe. Never drove one, never coveted one, never really thought about them at all, even after they disappeared from US roads.

YES WIZ, I KNOW I MISSED POST #2

All times local to me:

6:28am - damicky posts the match thread
6:29am - thewizardmelon starts messing with my melon
8:48am - I bother to look at my BF alerts, the match thread is already on page 5

Anyway, hiya Swampys, hope you don't miss the sewer gas smell while on your Spotswood junket.

View attachment 2134732

I’ve often wondered if the chefs are putting additives in our food that make the opposition addicted to coming here. After all, our applications are at an all time high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We post them on Monday when we have free time, and certain people complain that they're too early. We post them on Tuesday night after work, and others complain that they're too late. It's like being in politics - you can't please all the people all the time.

Just throw all the Tuesday people in the bin. Problem solved!

I usually just have a busy end to the week so don’t at all mind kicking off on a Monday

Just throw all the Tuesday people in the bin. Problem solved!

I usually just have a busy end to the week so don’t at all mind kicking off on a Monday
And here's a thought - if you don't like Monday threads, DON'T POST!!!

How many rounds do we have left this season?

how many rounds do I have to endure the wrath of the Qooty Gods?

Even worse how long do I have to be the punchline of my teams jokes?

You'd at least think my Team mates would be supportive.
Hey, you've got Dingster and his peanuts, they seemed nice.

It won't be the worst loss I've suffered this year. Werribee are the only team I know who did something right.

As a Southport fan, I’d even disagree there. But we can’t all win

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Ophidian Old Boys v Sin City Swamprats at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back