Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 2: Las Vegas Bears v Roys FF at The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

bear fighting GIF
Fair contest

Another one, Compact florescent lights.

My second form English teacher always said if you use an abbreviation you must. the first time it is used, (in brackets) explain it.
Nah CFL = Corang Football League., Another simmed league a mate of mine ran back when I was running the Hoyton FL (around 1990ish). It operated out of the major city of Corang, situated on the southern continent of Anipor Ballek / Nautollem which is down south of where we are in Sweet. But note its a different land mass.

Celebration of completing an interactive Corang street directory key map:
View attachment CSD_Timelapse.mp4

In Corang the major league was the Corang Football League or the CFL, formed from an attempt to build a superleague from it's previous Northern & Southern divisions, plus a smattering from the Southern Corang FL and other suburban leagues. At one point it consisted of up to 20 teams. It only lasted in this format for a couple of seasons before almost half the clubs dropped out and formed a secondary competition again. I used to follow a team called Hastern via the scores in the papers.

These days Corang is supported by the remnants of this league, now known as the Corang Metro FL, with the Corange District FA picking up the spare. Metropolitan Corang also hosts a north-western league - hosting two divisions, an eastern league and a southern league. All the other comps from the city, namely the Citizens association, the Xorang Junior FA, the Lawfield FA, the Eastern Metro FA, the Darlborough FA, the Regional FA, the Purbeton & Cheney leagues, the Shoreline DFA & Docks.Cresmond comp, the Miravel league, the North Metro comp, these have all gone.

View attachment evolution_of_cfl.mp4

Some old documentation of the Corang FL (I took the stuff that was passed on to me and tried to compile it all into something cohesive). I guess he liked purple :
Metamorphosis of Corang FL 1988-1991.jpg scan0236.jpg scan0237.jpg

Of course not, you are not a kangaroo

An excerpt from an entirely map/travel based kind of Choose Your Own Adventure book I wrote as a kid based on the roads on Kangaroo Island. As I am always a kid, I wrote this tomorrow.
073-079.jpg

Apologies I've had cramp. I've been getting a week long run down.
Very dehydrated.
We should fill you with water. Currently only your jokes seem sufficiently hydrated. Good to see you. Also good to see you on the forum but it does distract me from my job at the window with my telescope.

We should fill you with water. Currently only your jokes seem sufficiently hydrated. Good to see you. Also good to see you on the forum but it does distract me from my job at the window with my telescope.
I haven't gone anywhere I'm just bad being reliable.

Alright, Bears, it's time for our first home game of the season, and we're up against the Roys FF.

Today, @CountryLad’s driving the bus, and we’re all praying it makes it to the stadium. It’s just a short trip, thank goodness, because I’m not sure if Countrylad’s horse and buggy would get us any further, especially with Test Tickle sneaking beer to the horse. So, get your gear ready and be prepared to bring the energy. Let’s make sure our fans get a show to remember.

Remember, it’s our home turf, and we need to defend it like it’s our last slice of pizza at the Sizzler buffet. Let’s beat those Roys quickly so they can get to the early bird buffet and enjoy their evening. Let’s get out there and show the Roys they’re not just facing the Bears, they’re facing the pride of Las Vegas.

🐻 Go Bears! :bearface:

View attachment 2068161

Art Vandelay_ Cap Chipmunk CountryLad Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man SSSSSS Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash
Sounds like the beginning of a great joke.

A gold medalist, a drunk horse and a Test Tickle walk into a bar……..

Hi ya guys and gals
I’ll post your game at 3:30pm EST
Conditions for this match are WARM :sunface:

tony MWPP JoshWoodenSpoon Mobbs TheGoatBaron Mooch
Nah 4:30 please.

(Can I even do that. If so, I'll change my mind back 10 minutes later. Then forward again after the fact.)

Thanks Wosh I have very high respect for those who post the commentary. Takes some hard graft getting the stuff that matters to the audience. We look forward to reading what you bring us, that the Sim has built.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CountryLad ‘s expression says it all but he has nothing to worry about - what happened in NZ stays in NZ and after that Olympic gold , this “relay” will feel like a breeze

If I squint I can just make out our other gold medallist kane249 hiding near the back of the frame as he chose to cycle

I showed more balls than Lance Armstrong in doing so

(Can I even do that. If so, I'll change my mind back 10 minutes later. Then forward again after the fact.)

Thanks Wosh I have very high respect for those who post the commentary. Takes some hard graft getting the stuff that matters to the audience. We look forward to reading what you bring us, that the Sim has built.
Had a few coffees this morning Mobbs?

Such a polite demand

Wrong again. I rely on you being this way and you always come through :)

Think of me as a more reliable Haley's comet.
I'll always sing past, but no really can remember when, and only those constantly looking up catches me as I drift through.

Had a few coffees this morning Mobbs?
What sort of blithering idiot drinks coffee. I just woke up.

Maybe I should drink coffee ahahaha, and go sit at a streetside cafe in Williamstown and pretend I'm in Europe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 2: Las Vegas Bears v Roys FF at The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back