Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Dragons FFC v Las Vegas Bears at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

14 games over 16 weeks wouldn't be too bad but is still a little on the short side. That's 28 playing weeks minimum over the season which is still fairly short and leaves too much downtime for clubs not playing finals.
It’s plenty because it’s also 40 weeks of qooty. It matches school weeks too.

I maintain that a season of around 16 games (no byes) is optimum and this is fairly consistent with what the majority of participants in the competition prefer.
This would also result in 40 weeks of qooty.
For a while it was alternating 16 and 17 week seasons and we all played each other twice within three seasons. It was still a lot of qooty but at least it was fair

Unfortunately you're in the minority. Shorter seasons have not been well received previously due to their short, truncated nature and have left people feeling the season is too short. It also means that clubs have less opportunity to win games and the dangling carrot of finals is distinguished earlier for clubs with the shorter season. In a competition that is based on activity and banter, that's a poor outcome and means interest drops off as a result, which is not optimal for participation.
Yeah, definitely in the minority , but I still laugh at the clubs who wanted the longer season and the resulting pre Christmas finals and awards period not to mention the diminished offseason to grow the game and do admin. With 8 teams making finals there’s already enough of a carrot for long enough to make finals. And I say that despite playing for a team which has missed finals more often than probability

I agree and there's a balance that needs to be reached here. I feel there needs to be some strategy implemented over the off-season in December 2024/January 2025 on season length and fitting this into the 2025 calendar year. I'm sure expansion will be raised, but personally, I don't think this is warranted with current activity levels.
I agree that expansion isn’t warranted
But I also don’t think contraction is either
I’m fine with the bye and I think the number of teams we have now is the right number

Board tours are very important as are banners for this competition. The committee needs to drive recruitment and ensure there is a stream of rookies coming into the competition each season to ensure there is replacement of players that leave the competition after the completion of each season.
It does seem as if fewer players are leaving /retiring but aspiring for replacement levels alone probably isn’t enough. As before tours and the like take time which in itself is another argument for a more reasonable offseason and therefore cutting down the season.

Last season's fixture was rubbish and could have easily been worked a lot better. There needs to be better planning and strategy for the fixture going forward.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

C'mon Bears, lets clip these dragons wings, rip of their heads and shit down their necks...just like we used to do in the old days

And then sell them to tourists as Las Vegas Fried Dragon!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon Bears, lets clip these dragons wings, rip of their heads and shit down their necks...just like we used to do in the old days
If that's you not caring, I hate to think what you'd do to someone you have a grudge with

Conditions are muddy.

Think move of us are happy for a little mud wrestling instead of high intensity running today.

Build into it nice and slow.

Damn, maybe it is ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Dragons FFC v Las Vegas Bears at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back