Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Dragons FFC v East Side Hawks @ Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
SweetFA.png

Round 4
Dragons FFC v East Side Hawks

Fresh off the bye, the Dragons will be looking to find some consistent form, hoping to avoid the week off being book-ended by two losses, and what better time and place than at home on Dragon Isle against a Hawks unit that is struggling for consistent form themselves.

The East Side Hawks will be looking to make a statement away from home after falling just short of a late comeback against the Wonders at home and will need all of their sizeable number of veterans to help lead them to victory in the more hostile conditions away at Ljp's lair.

LjpLair.png
Ljp86's Lair

Dragons.png
Form Guide
WLB

The Season so Far

A tumultuous off-season awaited the Dragons after Season 37 with multiple exits from the club and the perma-banning of heavy lifter BigDav, and a relatively quiet recruiting period resulting in the pick-up of former fury Pickitt however the posting presence of the club is still strong with names like DragoDelph, Bonz and T2B_ alongside Greenery and who can forget the club icon the ground is named after in Ljp86 .

Season 38 started out strongly but a loss to the Demons, followed by the Bye, has halted the progress of the Green and Black, however they are given an excellent opportunity to regain momentum this week.

Players to Watch

113668.jpg
- T2B_

The Dragons Centre Half Back has been consistent in his two games and a force in match threads. A strong performance against the Bye.
TOTW Selections: 1
DT Points this Season: 114 (Club 7th)

16712.jpg
- Ljp86

The man the Dragons home ground is named after, The Dragons ruckman knows this oval better than anyone and could be the deciding factor on Sunday.
Hit-outs this season: 16
Tackles this season: 7 (Club 2nd)
Frees For this Season: 6 (Club 1st)

Prediction

The Dragons by this <-------------> much

HawksES.png
Form Guide
LWL

The Season so Far

It's been an up and down season so far for the East Side Hawks, despite a successful off-season that saw SM , PhenomenalV1 and RU_ join the club, 3 well seasoned league veterans, but also a wealth of experience in returning players haydo , eth-dog and Riviat as well. Despite this and the Hawks icons in Biggie Itsmyshow and larrikin , it has been up to Callums_Guns and ruck sensation Strigoi to carry most of the weight.

The Hawks are no stranger to experience with some massive names from Sweet F.A history in the ranks, but will need a boost from these legends both off the field and on the field to return to the winners list this week and hopefully put together a strong season.

Also, congratulations to Some Muppet on 350 games.

Players to Watch

199147.jpg
- Strigoi

One of the best Rucks in the Comp this season, a top performer in match threads, the Hawks will need a big game from Strigoi to get over the line this week.
Hit-outs this Season: 40 (5th)
Tackles this Season: 9 (Club 4th)

34493(1).jpg - Tarkyn_24

The Fred Medal leader with 21 goals, Tarks has been hungry this season, one of the other players you'd expect a big game to be necessary for, but the good news for East Side fans is his shown he's certainly up for it this season.
Goals this Season: 21 (1st)
DT Points this Season: 276 (3rd)

Prediction

The Hawks by this <-------------> much

Captains, please post teamsheets at some time thank you​

Last edited:

Also Callums_Guns which Bailey banfield did you choose for your av this week?

Didn’t we just play your team?
Nah they’re the reserves.

My apologies that you had to deal with sausageroll all week. He’s part of our outreach program, but he’s also a right pain in the ass

Not my captain
Lingering av bet from the team guns stunt last year.

I wanted to lose it, but just wasn’t to be.

No Callum’s gets to sport a sexy Bailey.

Lingering av bet from the team guns stunt last year.

I wanted to lose it, but just wasn’t to be.

No Callum’s gets to sport a sexy Bailey.
Oh I see, you meant Smith!

I got worried you were actually talking about Bailey Banfield. 🤮

Oh I see, you meant Smith!

I got worried you were actually talking about Bailey Banfield. 🤮
Yeah, absolutely is banners.

Heir to a pearling kingdom, 98/99+ ATAR.

Engaged to a model, kids charity ambassador.

Smith wishes he was banners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorted, quite funny the same round DRAG vs ESH is GWS vs FRE
As the Dragons are the strictest adherents to no foopy talk, I will not be mentioning Freo and Carlton’s efforts on the weekend to shit the bed (and in turn, no need to a acknowledge the Pies clear superiority).

As the Dragons are the strictest adherents to no foopy talk, I will not be mentioning Freo and Carlton’s efforts on the weekend to shit the bed (and in turn, no need to a acknowledge the Pies clear superiority).
I don't know who either team played so all good my friend

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Dragons FFC v East Side Hawks @ Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back