Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Mount Buller Delons vs Baghdad Bombers @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
SweetFA.png

Round 4
Mount Buller Demons vs Baghdad Bombers

It's the first placed Demons currently sitting pretty at 3-0 in the positive against the last placed Bombers who dwell far below with the opposite scoreline over their first three games, however this match is anything but decided. The sim revels in inflicting misery on those who would proclaim to be masters of it.

The Bombers, one of the more active groups off-field this season and looking for their on-field performances to match are doubtlessly coming into this game confident they can ruin the party for the top of the table performing Delons. The Club who calls the Snow Dome their home are hoping their claims that they 'may literally never lose again' are backed up with a valuable win at home.

The Snow Dome.png
The Snow Dome

DemonsMB.png
Form Guide

The Season so Far
The Demons have been flying off and on the field in Season 38, boasting one of the most active posting outfits in the League with league legends like Wosh , cats2rise and Club veterans moginie , Scythe94 , and one of the biggest up and coming names in the league in Gralin who has claimed so many accolades in so few seasons that his trophy cabinet is already burgeoning, although space could probably be found for a Premiership. The team was bolstered with the signing of new names who have already proved to only strengthen an already dominant powerhouse, but none more so than rookie p4p1 who has taken to the League like a duck to water.

The on field has been a mighty success so far for the Mt. Buller club, with three wins on the trot, the first two quite comfortably but an 8 goal last quarter was required to knock down the stubborn old Roys and secure the third to keep the streak alive.

Players to Watch

42436.jpg
- Wosh

Wosh has been dominating match threads and DreamTeam points all season, a crucial cog in the Demons unbeatable engine room.
DT Points this Season: 247
Disposals this Season: 67
TOTW Selections: 2

cats2rise.png - cats2rise

The Demons ruckman is on fire, delivering BULK hit-outs every game and good for 2nd in the comp, whilst also sliding in at 5th in DreamTeam points.
Hit-outs this Season: 46
TOTW Selections: 2
Goals this Season: 4 (Equal 1st amongst Rucks)

Prediction

Delon BULK wins to continue

Baghdad.png
Form Guide
LLL

The Season so Far

Despite a relatively quiet off-season, the Bombers have maintained the core of their list and added two new rookies in mcgrath_truther and PaPaPete , the former of which has already earned a Team of the Week nomination for stellar performance in the midfield.

Led in the posting department by Pugsley the Bombers will be hoping to pull one off (leave it) in spectacular fashion against the Demons and propel themselves off the bottom of the ladder by claiming a major on-field scalp. In the posting department things should be very even with a strong leadership group consisting of the likes of Kilroy , Bovo and Jabba73 leading the charge.

Players to Watch

The Bombers Backline

Despite three losses, Kilroy , Jabba73 and BLUEALLTHRU have been key figures in the backline, beating their opponents most weeks and keeping the team in games despite underperforming elsewhere on the field.
TOTW Selections: 3

153430.jpg
- Pugsley

The Bombers captain is averaging over 100 posts per match thread this season, a phenomenal effort.
TOTW Selections: 1
Goals this Season: 2 (Club =4th)

Prediction

BULK disappointment

Teamsheets have your captains present you at some point, thank you​

Last edited:

Congratulations on your big win Deeeeeees, thanks for posting the game insert the usual suspects name here.

See you all next week where we might be a chance

Wow, this one sounds like a sure thing, tgrs - nice OP.

Bombers, shall we just agree to give the Demons the four points and skip all the admin?
What would the bombers possibly have against the SFA Admin?

Oh, you mean administration, not administrator?

Congratulations on your big win Deeeeeees, thanks for posting the game insert the usual suspects name here.

See you all next week where we might be a chance
Thanks, Jabba73. You tried your best, but clubs are sometimes just on a different level.

Best wishes for next season.

And a very good morning to my fabulous Buller comrades and Salaam Alaikum Bombers!

Another early start to the day. Hope I can get all the stuff I need to do completed as I'm supposed to be doing a lamb roast tonight for the family.

Whatever you do today, do it with brilliance.

Thanks, Jabba73. You tried your best, but clubs are sometimes just on a different level.

Best wishes for next season.
Crikey, Headless is knee deep in filthy trash-talk and it's only Tuesday morning

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noisy and smelly and full of nerds who think they are the smartest person in the room?

Sounds about right
I would have said silky, seductive and suave.

PS - Suave means charming and confident.

If you want to be delusional, who are we to stop you?

Keep that up and you could become the US President

If you have to explain the joke …
I'm too busy delivering BULK hitouts to THE ENGINE ROOM to get involved in the politics of a country 15,000kms away.

PS - It wasn't a joke, it was supposed to be an insult.

I'm too busy delivering BULK hitouts to THE ENGINE ROOM to get involved in the politics of a country 15,000kms away.

PS - It wasn't a joke, it was supposed to be an insult.
Much too subtle for jabba to get

Bombres vs the Delons

Cracking matchup
Morning mate I'm surprised the bombers haven't delisted you for sabotage by now

4-15 since you came over, amazing work HARPSichord would be proud

How long did you agree to do this for?

Morning mate I'm surprised the bombers haven't delisted you for sabotage by now

4-15 since you came over, amazing work HARPSichord would be proud

How long did you agree to do this for?
Oh Yeah GIF by Jesse Ling

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Mount Buller Delons vs Baghdad Bombers @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back