Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 5 - Gold City Royals v Mt Buller Demons @ The Golden Throne [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

nice suit
you should wear it sunday

bring the weed deterrent as well, we can use it on the Royals
Roasted Royal is quite the delicacy, especially topped off with some caviar or mint sauce!

And a very good morning to my fabulous Buller comrades and hello Royals!

It's Wednesday! And that normally means one of the happiest days of the week for me. But, alas, today Mrs m has a hospital appointment so like the dutiful husband I am, I'll accompany her to and from it.

Whatever you do today, do it with a sense of duty.
I hope everything is OK Moginie.

Money on the fridge...

sddefault.jpg
So many of my favourite TV shows could not be made today

Mind Your Language

So many of my favourite TV shows could not be made today

Mind Your Language

I watched a couple of episodes of Mind Your Language on the internet sometime last year. Genuinely laughed out loud.

Love Thy Neighbour is another one. Probably even less likely to be seen than the other two mentioned these days.

images

Married, With Children still gets a decent run though. There was a full channel devoted to it in the hotel I sayed at on a work trip last month. When I was in the hotel, the TV was on. And when the TV was on, the channel never changed.

Disagree.
There is still a lot of stuff out there that is new and arguably just as 'offensive' as Kingswood Country.
Possibly. I saw Archer over a few episodes and accept cutting edge stuff is still being made but its still a sanitised version of the casual racism and sexism from 70s tv- and some not so casual

Possibly. I saw Archer over a few episodes and accept cutting edge stuff is still being made but its still a sanitised version of the casual racism and sexism from 70s tv- and some not so casual

Archer is great. I've never actually made the effort to watch it regularly but it's always good for a laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe a lot of these shows could still get made today, sure the comedy would need to be different because of the changing times. I do worry about things becoming over sanitised but there will always be creators who will push back against over sanitisation of comedy.

Personally I think casual racism and sexism used for comedic effect can be funny but the problem is that so many people don't get the joke. Take Tropic Thunder as an example there is still people who think RDJs use of blackface was offensive because they don't get the joke and that it is supposed to be offensive.

Archer is fantastic.

It's a bit of a shame they had to get rid of ISIS because of the real ISIS rise. It took the show in a new direction, that lead to some very inconsistent seasons.

I blame the media. If they'd just called them "Daesh" to remove their legitimacy instead of their preferred "ISIS" Archer would never have had to change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 5 - Gold City Royals v Mt Buller Demons @ The Golden Throne [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back