Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

SweetFA.png

SEASON 38 ROUND 6 - OPHIDIAN OLD BOYS V GUMBIES FFC @ SPOTSWOOD OVAL

Oh my god! I'm doing the Match Threads for this week. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Why did I agree to this? It certainly doesn't feel like something I would do. Really, I should be banned from doing stuff like this. Chief should really install a pop-up that asks "Are you sure, bruv?" whenever I volunteer to do any extracurricular duties. It would be much safer that way. We really don't want important stuff like this falling into my hands. What kind of ridiculous league are you running here The Filth Wizard??

I don't know anything about these teams.

The Old Boys v the Gumbies? What is this, some kind of geriatric disease? Awareness this, and screening for that. Back in my day, we just had gout and trouble pissing. How much Omega 3 do I have to pump into my stomach to avoid this horrific ailment?

But if I check the ladder (Falconista, yay!) , it appears the OOBs (1-2-1) are sitting just outside the eight, after a frustrating draw against the Furies.

The Gumbies(3-2) on the other hand, are sitting in 3rd place, despite a loss to the Bears last week. Useful, factual information! See, now we're rolling.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

For the OOBs, BRAB had a day out last week, kicking 8.3, for 101DT points. He'll be hoping for another bag this week to crack into the top 3 of the Fred leader board.

Dingster was also good with 19 disposals and 10 marks, for 84DT points.

For the Gumbies, GWS Goose kicked a handy 4.3 and currently sits 6th on the Fred leader board.

cats_09 had a very well rounded game, with 22 disposals, 6 tackles, kicking 2.2, for 99DT points.

I'm never doing this ever again.

Team Sheets are due by 11:59pm AWST Thursday

Last edited:

Any of you OOBs post in the above font and you'll be getting a 2 x 4 to your knees on Sunday.

Adam Sandler Shut Up GIF

I actually noticed Footypie32 posting match threads, and planned to camp out seeking another coveted Post 2, but got distracted with a network problem... :cryingcat:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you suggesting Braklet was 'pussy-footing*' around?

*Unclear if this idiom translates to a US audience.
Braklet is well versed in Aussie Vernacular by now, I would think so anyway.

And no of course not, hmmm mind you the evidence does point in that direction.

You would think he would be a bit more dedicated when going for a 3-peat

Braklet is well versed in Aussie Vernacular by now, I would think so anyway.

And no of course not, hmmm mind you the evidence does point in that direction.

You would think he would be a bit more dedicated when going for a 3-peat

I'm OK with the Oz language expressed in Wake In Fright, Mad Max, and TV series like Sea Patrol and Wentworth.

The Adventures Of Barry McKenzie and Bogan Hunters is a wee bit... advanced over my head.

And when you start on the cricket talk, I'm totally lost.

I actually noticed Footypie32 posting match threads, and planned to camp out seeking another coveted Post 2, but got distracted with a network problem... :cryingcat:

The streak is over!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back