Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The Port board would be funny if Kern does pull out a flag.

Trying to work out how to celebrate while still wanting to sack the coach

I'm thinking chat would follow the tried & true, "IT WAS THE PLAYERS WHO WON IT, NOT HINKLEY"

What happened to Dana Plato was awful sad. Her life went off the rails big time, but there's not much aftercare after you leave Hollywood is there?

She was starting to rebuild her life again after that incident, but she went on the Howard Stern radio show, got abused by the vast majority of the people calling into the show and she died of a drug overdose the day after.

It's unknown if it was a suicide but her head can't have been in a good place after an experience like that.
I remember hearing that Howard Stern episode, it was super weird after she croaked it.

Straight sets Cats exit would make my year.

Believe it or not: this subject has come up once or twice in the OOB PM.

Bono has given me some grief over my choice of clubs.

Going to be interesting, they have all their finals at home now and only have to go interstate if they make the GF.
Imho they're probably the worst list in the eight, so would not expect them to get past a prelim (or maybe even straight sets again as they'd play Haw/WB). Making top-four is a hell of an achievement.

I remember hearing that Howard Stern episode, it was super weird after she croaked it.
Yeah the Howard Stern show reaction to her death and the infamous interview itself are on YouTube.

Him and his co-host were being flippant about the whole thing to a very chilling degree imo.

That show was kind of cursed life wasn't good for poor Gary Coleman after Different Strokes either!

Imho they're probably the worst list in the eight, so would not expect them to get past a prelim (or maybe even straight sets again as they'd play Haw/WB). Making top-four is a hell of an achievement.
It's been a strange season mate, expect the unexpected in the finals.

Not even thinking about a grand final just yet - it'd be like the Indian New Zealand cricket team celebrating a World Cup win before they play Australia :).
EFA

Do you mean Port or Geelong.

I agree Geelong have the weakest list.

They have also flogged the Hawks pretty recently, and beat the Dogs throughout the year.

I like their chances to beat either one if they get beat by Port.

I think Port should be considered faves to win the whole lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have also flogged the Hawks pretty recently, and beat the Dogs throughout the year.

I'd suggest we have the weakest regular midfield, but we've got a pretty good forward line and our defence is solid

When our defence has been most under pressure is when the midfield isn't holding up their end of things

I'd suggest we have the weakest regular midfield, but we've got a pretty good forward line and our defence is solid

When our defence has been most under pressure is when the midfield isn't holding up their end of things
they have some very good players no doubt and they finished top 4, so you could easily argue that they are better than many are saying.

they have some very good players no doubt and they finished top 4, so you could easily argue that they are better than many are saying.

There's a pretty clear reason why the players we're linked to trade wise are all midfielders - we've got some solid young players coming through, but none are in the Dangerfield mild of that bigger bodied, explosive midfielder

It's been a weird season though and every team has looked world beaters at times and then for periods they've struggled like they're one of the bottom placed teams

We'll be in for a fun finals series I believe

Port. This is one of the weakest, if not the weakest, squad in Ken Hinkley's time. Hence why top-four is so damn impressive.

Geelong have weaknesses too but they should beat the Power.

Sydney, GWS and Brisbane are the standouts in the eight. Bulldogs the wildcard.

See this…. This was me about 20 minutes ago but on my hands and ****ing knees crossing a car park!

And this bitch was the culprite

IMG_5205.jpeg

See this…. This was me about 20 minutes ago but on my hands and ****ing knees crossing a car park!

And this bitch was the culprite

View attachment 2094564

Channel your inner boundary umpire and walk sideways/backwards. Maggies rarely swoop from from in front.

Channel your inner boundary umpire and walk sideways/backwards. Maggies rarely swoop from from in front.
I know how to deal with Maggie’s mate but when the bastard takes you by surprise! And he was relentless… he wanted my bloody big time but I must have been almost flat 😂

Believe it or not: this subject has come up once or twice in the OOB PM.

Bono has given me some grief over my choice of clubs.
you are lucky that's all I have given you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38 Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC @ Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back