Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be, that's brilliant, I get a kick/smile out of the stuff I've restored, like seeing it. Get into bed near my Sidchrome cabinets and it makes me laugh, 'your a nut colin"

I've maxed out my storage/display area, need something like that. ( I do have high ceilings, brick walls-hmmm, been thinking of mounting some vices on the wall and a couple of Tool cabinets up high) Actually going to put up a few vices this weekend now :)
When there is stuff in the bedroom you know you have a problem!
Sounds like a good plan to use the walls.

Huge possiblities!
I Know Right Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

LOl, with all respect, your making me feel sane, love the camel.
Didn't know that this was an issue. Collecting is way different from hoarding. Collecting, restoring (and what a job you did on that vice btw) displaying, cataloguing (history/characteristics/stories) and appreciating, is different to just having stuff or collecting cans of food and stuff that you think you might need sometime in the far off future, like old newspapers (people who grew up in the depression of which their are few alive now it was different for).
It's interesting where the division is between the two. Collectors trade up, Horders never let anything go.
Part of the rehtoric for saying it's all 'junk' is the 'consumer creed' of always wanting to buy 'new' and valuing nothing but the next thing that can be sold and marketed to you.
It is actually a really good idea to reconfigure your display, that way you recognaise what you have and where the gaps are and what you can trade for something else, discovering things you have forgotten and organising projects that are uncompleted.
(FYI; happy partner = nothing of it in the bedroom, that space should be respected as being shared and not for collections.)

Didn't know that this was an issue. Collecting is way different from hoarding. Collecting, restoring (and what a job you did on that vice btw) displaying, cataloguing (history/characteristics/stories) and appreciating, is different to just having stuff or collecting cans of food and stuff that you think you might need sometime in the far off future, like old newspapers (people who grew up in the depression of which their are few alive now it was different for).
It's interesting where the division is between the two. Collectors trade up, Horders never let anything go.
Part of the rehtoric for saying it's all 'junk' is the 'consumer creed' of always wanting to buy 'new' and valuing nothing but the next thing that can be sold and marketed to you.
It is actually a really good idea to reconfigure your display, that way you recognaise what you have and where the gaps are and what you can trade for something else, discovering things you have forgotten and organising projects that are uncompleted.
(FYI; happy partner = nothing of it in the bedroom, that space should be respected as being shared and not for collections.)
Just a me issue, started for a lot of reasons, but only been going 3 years, restored around 20 vices, have 35 or so, just enjoy doing them up and moved on from Sidchrome, will sell some vices and Sidchrome at some stage, have around 60 sets to finish first, they are more of an investment, and have already tripled in value since I started, but the main reason was just needed something to do, already have my value out of that.
Ah and the bedroom thing ?, As for 'the Mocker' she has her own house, I'm living in a Studio apartment so not really designated areas, Limited space.
I like it, it works, just have to make do with what you have sometimes.

And it at least reflects my personality-anything that makes me happy I'm all for.

1726190637809.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get technical on me Bratlet it's really pointless :grin:
I already know there is an answer to all my computer issues out there, I just don't know what they are and can't be arsed finding out. Life is too short to become proficient at everything.

FYI the best postage story I have, is buying a very expensive vintage cutlery set through Fleabay in the USA and receiving a box with 4 VW fuel injector valves instead. In the central parcel distribution centre (Fleabay's then new system) the person working that day, just whacked on any old label on any old box. It was one of those WTF parcel moments on opening and a whole lot of trouble to sort it out.
OOh, would not be happy, I bought an item from the states, couldn't get it anywhere else, $180 all up, nearly half was postage, and the months it took to get here was -hmmm, I hope I'm not getting ripped off, I hope it doesn't
get lost in the mail, I hope it gets here this century - all good in the end, but not worth doing again, especially since the postage costs has increased significantly.

OOh, would not be happy, I bought an item from the states, couldn't get it anywhere else, $180 all up, nearly half was postage, and the months it took to get here was -hmmm, I hope I'm not getting ripped off, I hope it doesn't
get lost in the mail, I hope it gets here this century - all good in the end, but not worth doing again, especially since the postage costs has increased significantly.
Exactly the experience puts you right off. You would have to be desperate and foolish to believe that it's a service that works efficiently and yes, the costs are exorbitant. Definitely not worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back