Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 9: Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2113287

Get out your overpriced vinyl variants, it's music week here in Sweet!

We're celebrating all the greatest artists the city's ever produced, so let's get started.

View attachment 2113289

The phrase "Fab Four" is inextricably linked with Coney Island's own pop legends, The Beat-Ups.

Filth McCartney, Bob Starr, Tif Lennon and George Ochason revolutionised pop songwriting, and codified the idea of rock n roll groups writing their own material.

Naturally, they had a friendly rivalry with...

View attachment 2113288

...The Royal-ing Stones.

Harder edged and bluesier than the Beat-Ups, the Stones had a hot run as their rivals ran down.

Cad Jagger, Chili Wyman, Brenton Jones, Keith Nahnah and Charlie Suns were tearing down the house on the road...as long as they kept Brenton away from the hotel pool.

Once again, the two classic rivals meet up in the Match of the Round.

Captains, please have your team sheets in by 11:59 PM AWST on Thursday.
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we've passed the audition.

I got you a servant. His name is Bob. I believe he hails from one of your territories, Tonga.
I had a good run.

Excellent, I was just thinking how my toe nails need clipping.
I take that back. I did not have a good run.

Coincidentally Cadsky you won't have a good run either when I cut your toes off.

Coincidentally @Cadsky you won't have a good run either when I cut your toes off
Couldn't have said it better myself, or you could just nail his head to the floor

I had a good run.

I take that back. I did not have a good run.

Coincidentally Cadsky you won't have a good run either when I cut your toes off.
Assuming you can get close enough to their pungent smell.

Yes the annoying cousin. Every family has one.
I'll chuck you in the great Pacific Garbage Patch. At least the salt water there will be good for your toes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also hi Royals 👋

Going to try to exceed my PB posts against your mob. Given it's around 10 it should be easy!

We often inspire greatness in others. I'm sure you can do it. We'll ignore the quality...

I went through second puberty when this song came out

If your balls drop any more they'll probably smack you in the head when you run.

Whenever I kick a goal, it's the guitar solo from Aphrodite's Child's 'The Four Horsemen'. Advertisers love it.
Whenever I kick a goal, it's a quick nod to whomsoever kicked it to me, and business as usual, because it's business as usual.

So you're saying it's... Business Time?

I remember when they were just starting out and they came to Australia to do a gig, and Jemaine Clement said "Hi, we're Flight of the Conchord, we're New Zealand's foremost popular satirical musical comedy duo, and we...."

Bret MacKenzie interrupted him and said "fourth most..."

"Oh yes, we're Flight of the Conchord, and we're New Zealand's fourth most popular satirical musical comedy duo,"

Don't know why, but I laughed so hard at that.

I remember when they were just starting out and they came to Australia to do a gig, and Jemaine Clement said "Hi, we're Flight of the Conchord, we're New Zealand's foremost popular satirical musical comedy duo, and we...."

Bret MacKenzie interrupted him and said "fourth most..."

"Oh yes, we're Flight of the Conchord, and we're New Zealand's fourth most popular satirical musical comedy duo,"

Don't know why, but I laughed so hard at that.
Reminds me of a Heavy-Metal ABBA tribute act called "Tragedy" (check them out, they're amazing), who used to come out and introduce themselves (with much fanfare), as the greatest heavy-metal ABBA tribute act from the Tri-State area, in the world, ever. Pissed myself every time. Prefer the play on words with the Conchords though :laughing:

Whenever I kick a goal, it's a quick nod to whomsoever kicked it to me, and business as usual, because it's business as usual.
Brenton Davy has BAU of kicking points this year. It would be nice for that to change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 9: Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back