Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 9: East Side Hawks v Mount Buller Demons at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Imaginative but I don’t like it.

I’m a simple person and I want colours to be colours and not food. Like salmon. It’s a ****ing fish. Tastes nice seared with a bit of tartare on the side. It’s not a colour. It’s dinner.

Some Mrs Git Lady tried to sell me a shirt on the basis that it was “watermelon”. That’s a food too. I’m not so fond of watermelon but this could be because they hadn’t taught the melons not to have pips when I was growing up, and you had to spit the pips out and I would get bored with that and end up with a belly ache. I’m not really a big consumer of your melon types, though properly prepared bitter melon can be pretty nice in various dishes from northern India and Pakistan.

Berries however are nice. I have a new blender and I’ve been making a range of smoothies and berries are a great starting point. Though an even better starting point is a banana which gets combined in some fashion with peanut butter and Milo. Some honey or maple syrup works well there too especially if you have included Greek yoghurt and want to balance out the sourness.

What I mean to say in this post is that KitchenAid is a reliable brand that also has a good sense of aesthetic. Attractive products like the ones from Apple - I got a new Apple Watch recently and I even enjoy the look of the box, but I can’t leave too many boxes around for long because the cats eat them.
Your thoughts on Orange?

Wow we should kiss
john locke smile GIF

Your thoughts on Orange?
I’ve always assumed that the colour came first and some idiot with no imagination who first saw an orange said “I’m going to call that an orange”.

In my mind I can see that person as being in Mesopotamia but I can’t work out how nobody saw an orange prior. Maybe they saw them but named them something better like a sphere? Or just something abstract. Like calling them “an abstract”.

I’ve always assumed that the colour came first and some idiot with no imagination who first saw an orange said “I’m going to call that an orange”.
I definitely didn’t just google ‘What came first, Orange or Orange?’

That's easy
Orange
This is poor posting when you consider that we are all bestowed the great gift of the language of Shakespeare.

I have had the pleasure of studying many of his works and never once did is say “That’s easy. Orange”.

He said things more like Is this a dagger I see before me? The handle before my hand?

If you wrote it it would be along the lines of “my wife had a rant and now I’m doing a spot of hallucinating”

This is poor posting when you consider that we are all bestowed the great gift of the language of Shakespeare.

I have had the pleasure of studying many of his works and never once did is say “That’s easy. Orange”.

He said things more like Is this a dagger I see before me? The handle before my hand?

If you wrote it it would be along the lines of “my wife had a rant and now I’m doing a spot of hallucinating”
I'm not good with words like Bill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not good with words like Bill
See I gave you a laugh react just now to look like I was across your post, but actually I didn’t really understand it.

Though this is on me, not you, and I feel sure it’s a cracker so I’m throwing you a bone

Could you get an answer to my toast question while you're at it?
In Ancient Rome they would add bits of toasted bread to their goblets to neutralise the bitter wine they were drinking.

Tightarses couldn’t afford the good stuff.

See I gave you a laugh react just now to look like I was across your post, but actually I didn’t really understand it.

Though this is on me, not you, and I feel sure it’s a cracker so I’m throwing you a bone
Sorry I forget not everyone knows Bill like I do.

You might know him as William

In Ancient Rome they would add bits of toasted bread to their goblets to neutralise the bitter wine they were drinking.

Tightarses couldn’t afford the good stuff.
That's a bit yuck. If someone tried to honor me by putting toast in my drink I'd be seriously questioning their authenticity.

If it wasn't a horrible chemical weapon Agent Orange would be a great name for a cleaning product.
Weird.

As soon as I typed Agent Orange I was thinking how clean and innocuous the name sounds. And directly after I wished I hadn’t typed it.

Also sounds like an organic air-freshener for your toilet

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 9: East Side Hawks v Mount Buller Demons at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back