Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 9: East Side Hawks v Mount Buller Demons at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I'd rather have toast in my drink than agent Orange
Agent Orange would also make a great drink name at a trendy cocktail bar.

Episode 1 Drinking GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

That's a bit yuck. If someone tried to honor me by putting toast in my drink I'd be seriously questioning their authenticity.
What if the drink in question is soup? Would be nice with a crouton or two, which is basically a toast with a fancy name.

I recall once when I was very young that a strange crazy lady (Hi Mum!) said to me that it was the more refined practice to speak of “drinking” soup rather than eating it.

Other weird ideas were that you shouldn’t speak of perfume, you must call it “scent” and you can sit with your ankles crossed, but crossing legs at the knees is unladylike.

With all this knowledge I was always going to either
a) marry royalty
b) become completely barking

Now that you’ve thought it, guaranteed 10 plus bars have already done it.

In life every time you have a truly terrible idea, you discover that it has already happened

On the topic of bread, does anyone know why charging your glasses is also known as a 'toast'?
And why is filling your glass known as ‘charging’ it? Does it require energy like a phone, and can only obtain it from being filled with liquid?

Do you have a favourite syllable?
Ob.

It ends heavily, and then the exchange to 'lit' with the little tongue movement for the L is quite enjoyable.

I find the last two syllables a bit too aggressive.

I've been thinking of the longest words with just one syllable and I'm wondering if the word range is one syllable, or is technically two if you emphasise the E on the end?

With all this knowledge I was always going to either
a) marry royalty
b) become completely barking
I dont think the two really need to be exclusive. In fact, I'd guess than many persons of royalty are barking to some degree.

I'd be even more sure that in the canine world, royalty is definitely barking... especially when the postman arrives.

Why do we say that some people are bananas? In the same vein as the colour orange vs the fruit... which came first? The banana, or someone being bananas?

Bonkers is nice too.

Have you ever played conkers, PG? I tried once but failed to thread string through the conker before getting bored.

And why is filling your glass known as ‘charging’ it? Does it require energy like a phone, and can only obtain it from being filled with liquid?
That's why you give your phone juice, I guess?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 9: East Side Hawks v Mount Buller Demons at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back