Preview Season 7, Round 5 v GWS: Sunday 25 September @ Wigan Oval (Unley Oval)

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing 4 of the other top eight teams to start the season could have easily derailed the season before it started. It has turned out to be a real advantage.

We now have a series of easier games before a possible grand final preview against Brisbane. It has taken a while for our stars to hit peak form but a midfield of Marinoff, Hatchard and Randall will be very hard to stop. Munyard, Newman, Thompson and Jones provide great outside run. Bring on the Showdown!

Newman has a very nice kick based on the last two weeks. She has really picked up her work rate, seems tough at the contest and is impacting games now. She could be in the early stages of emerging into an excellent midfielder I think.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes, she's coming on nicely. Her, Charlton and Ballard in particular stand out to me as young players who make good decisions and have the skills to back it up.

I think people need to appreciate that it takes a while to develop a competition. And while adding the extra teams now, may stretch the pool of talent, it’s only going to fast track development of players as there is now a definite path for growth within the competition.

Coaches votes are in for round 5. I would have put this in the round 5 thread but for some reason it's locked.

10. Ebony Marinoff (ADEL)
8. Anne Hatchard (ADEL)
5. Chelsea Randall (ADEL)
3. McKenzie Dowrick (ADEL)
2. Stevie-Lee Thompson (ADEL)
1. Tarni Evans (GWS)
1. Hannah Munyard (ADEL)

The breakdown is unique other than where Evans and Munyard go.

5 Marinoff
4 Hatchard
3 Randall
2 Thompson
1 Evans/Munyard

5 Marinoff
4 Hatchard
3 Dowrick
2 Randall
1 Evans/Munyard

Interesting that one of the coaches didn't list Dowrick at all. Probably fair to be honest, as much as four goals is impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Clarke that left her out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back