Season not over

Remove this Banner Ad

The season was over on ANZAC Day, and plenty have continued to pretend otherwise.

Everyone's wise in hindsight, but I agree, it's been bleedin' obvious for months. Three preliminary finals with nothing to show for it has to take a mental toll.

After watching the lads trudge off at half-time in Round 1 the writing was on the wall. There was no game plan, or Plan B, and that didn't augur well. I doubt I'm the only one to have been pessimistic from an early stage.

To say the season is not over is like the Black Knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail describing the severance of his arms and legs as just a scratch.

The only value to making the finals is giving the younger players a game to use as experience.

In any event, even if the unlikely happens, the first week will probably be an interstate final.. Hardly something to look forward to.

The younger players would more than likley miss out when Eade goes back to his old favorites, he doesnt seem to have a lot of confidence in the young ones.

Percentage will have nothing to do with it if we win all 4 games, 11 wins will see us in 8th spot. I think 3 wins would be a good result from here and a competitive performance against Hawthorn would be suffice regardless of the result. Play the kids and we probably should still win 2 or 3 of those games anyway. Would do wonders for Cordy's, Tutt's, Howards, Roughead's etc confidence for the start of 2012.

I see the last 4 games as a massive opportunity for a few players to get some much needed, solid game time in. Let's not waste it on flogging a few dead horses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season not over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back