Season Over

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with David King but not sure that it's a good thing that he said it.

Comments like that in isolation are fine but if they continue it'll increase pressure/expectations for 2012 and shorten the odds for those of us that like a punt. :p

Well another sad loss today.

despite the loss against carlton today, theres still a slim chance.

We could make the 8 starting by beating North Melbourne next week and beat the dogs in the final round. Yes 11 wins and crap percentage can get us through with a bit of luck.

Hoping swans lose to richmond tonight as the swans can lose to the saints at ANZ and Geelong at Skilled stadium then beat the lions in the final round to be stuck on 10 and a half wins.

Even essendon can collapse if they lose to the dogs tonight as well.

Essendon will finish on 11.5 wins after accounting for the doggies today. Thats provided the Eagles take care of business next weekend. They will demolish Port at Etihad.

Our best hope is for Sydney to lose to Richmond which is a long shot. Then the Saints have to beat them on their home turf. Again Sydney are a big chance against the Sainters at home.

If we win all 3 we hold our own destiny. With our current form, we'll lose all 3.

Put the Cue in the Rack after the Derby. It's about time some stopped dreaming and accepted the realization that we are just not up to finals standard. Lach had thread about judging the teams outcome by truthfully placing a weighting on our players and their opponents which would then give a realistic view of whether could win a game or not. I have followed this exercise over the last couple of weeks and I believe there is no way in hell we will make the finals. I am of the belief our season is shot and we need to start looking at 2012. If Hill is carrying an injury lets put him in the paddock and get him right, same goes for anyone else.

If the season wasnt over already then its over now... Also there is also a very big chance that we will not win another game and finish in 12th position.

I think that we may as just play the kids from here on in (Roberton, Crichton, Faulks I'd also say Bucovaz but he seemed to get injured today playing for East Freo) should all get a game just to get some time in the middle and some experience as the games are pretty much dead rubbers.

Looking on the bright side if I may:

In spite of our injuries we are still ahead of Essendon, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs - who are the other likely contenders for a top 8 spot. We have played one fewer game than these three yet we are still ahead of them.

Of the contenders for 6th - 8th spot we play 3 of them in the next 5 games. We don't need to rely on the results of other games, we just need to beat those other contenders below us and get the 4 points. It will be hard for them to overtake us given that they've still got a bye to come.

I hereby recant my optimism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season Over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back