Seating - Grand Final!

Remove this Banner Ad

Question: How does the ballot work? I'm just curious. Is every member treated the same? Do you have some more expensive memberships that get you a gaurunteed ticket?

My Melbourne membership is a full one (ie 16/17 games) with a grand final gauruntee (it used to be called social club). Perhaps Collingwood can't do that because they have so many members though. I don't know how it works though as I've never been able to use it (too young in 00).

I would have thought it would have been apt for the computer to read the barcodes and put the people who have been to every game at the top of the list. :)

I'm not sure if my social club barcode has been successful yet (my CC account page is extremely slow to update....ie. I bought something online this morning and it still isn't appearing in my transactions)...and I bought a package regardless, but I want my father to be able to use my membership.

I went to every Melbourne game, both finals, and travelled interstate twice, surely that would count for something...

Nervously waiting priority 2 member here. Not sure my F5 key will last :eek:

Looks like I've got a restricted view/standing room ticket, and I am bloody rapt to be there. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any other legends members been charged for standard seats?

Yes, my mate has.

Question: How does the ballot work? I'm just curious. Is every member treated the same? Do you have some more expensive memberships that get you a gaurunteed ticket?

My Melbourne membership is a full one (ie 16/17 games) with a grand final gauruntee (it used to be called social club). Perhaps Collingwood can't do that because they have so many members though. I don't know how it works though as I've never been able to use it (too young in 00).

There's 3 ballots for the Pies.

Priority 1: Legends membership (Reserved seat 18 game membership) and guaranteed access to grand final tickets if we make it
Priority 2: Captains membership (reserved seat 11 game membership) and Social Club
Priority 3: Regular members who have been members for more then 10 years.

Basically Priority 1 is guaranteed, priority 2 is a raffle if you get one of the remaining tickets, and then priority 3 gets any leftover from priority 2 (but I highly doubt this happened)

You're correct though - lots of clubs social club membership does guarantee a grand final ticket (Saints does as well for example). Pies can't think about doing that, in fact, Captains used to be a guaranteed grand final ticket but this was changed a few years ago.

I'm picking up my tickets 'blind'. Can't access my statement so don't know what type of seats I'm going to get :eek:

If you know your ticketek account number, you should be able to find out on Monday morning online.

Or have I got this wrong?

My CC has been debited for a prenium seat. I haven't received a transaction/receipt from Ticketek.

Is this normal practise?

It would seem so. Read the last page or 2.

You already agreed to pay any price so in a way that confirmation of the order was the receipt but no, none of us seem to have got anything further from Ticketek despite money coming out.

im a social club same with my dad and my friend just been deducted $483 for 3 standards im absolutly over the moon to share this experence with my old man have beers and have a great day. cant believe i got a ticket for each membership. and didnt have to pay 1350 woot woot

Yeah lucked MCC ballot. Saved 2 tix at corporate rate luckily.

7 Sleeps! Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I"m with you yeee_haaaa...just checked my account and have been deducted $705 = 3 prime seats. If I find out that some of those that joined up to be legends members a month ago have premium, I will loossssee it. I've been a legends member since 03 and feel that we should definitely have priority over them.

My brother as a full AFL member with Hawks could possibly get better seats than me..that's wrong.

Oh well - at least i'll be at the game!!

Checked online and nothing showed up in CC statement so rang the bank number and they confirmed a pending transaction for $454 which equates to 1 adult and 1 concession, premium seats. We are legends members so priority 1 seems to have worked out well. Now to pick up and find out where we are sitting.

Legends member since 2002 have been charged $470 which is 2 prime seats, have to say I'm a little disappointed. I know I shouldn't be but it just really annoys me that I'm good enough to sit in a premium seat since 2002 but then it comes to the grand final I've had to sit in the top deck every time. In 2002/2003 i was quite happy to sit up that high as i was a new Captains/Legends member and I expect that they would reward loyalty.

I"m with you yeee_haaaa...just checked my account and have been deducted $705 = 3 prime seats. If I find out that some of those that joined up to be legends members a month ago have premium, I will loossssee it. I've been a legends member since 03 and feel that we should definitely have priority over them.

My brother as a full AFL member with Hawks could possibly get better seats than me..that's wrong.

Oh well - at least i'll be at the game!!

Yeah a ticket is better than nothing of course. will be awesome just to be inside the ground. If our seats are in the nose bleeds we will see if we can wriggle our way into a standing room area. We are holding out hope that they are in M33 which a standard seating bay in the ponsford stand behind the goals

However if they're not and they are in the nose bleeds, that is at least $5400 odd the club won't be seeing on an annual basis in the future from at least 6 of our group. We've already decided that if we have got shafted this year after so many years of loyalty there will be no more legends m/ships for us. We will simply wait and see how we are travelling in future years and purchase corporate packages if we're a chance to be in the GF. If these late upgrades of over 1000 legends members have cost long time legends members seats then that is nothing short of disgraceful

Guys, like many of you I am in desperate need of some Granny tickets.

Anywhere between 2-6 tickets would be ideal.

Absolutely keen to negotiate a price.

If you PM me we can work out a deal....

Thanks so much in advance!

Was in Priority 2 draw. CC has no new charges .. looks like i am missing the game .. bit disappointing .. but luck of the draw i guess.

after reading others i rang the CC .. and i have transactions awaiting from Tickettek ... looks like i do have 2 Standard Tickets ... Sweet .. the day is sunny again.

Just got them through the AFL members section. Its great when you have a fast internet at home unlike at work.

Section N26, Row J.

Remove this Banner Ad

Seating - Grand Final!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back