Game Secret ClarkeM - Mein Kampf - Game is underway!

Play games with your chums!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the game… I enjoyed it even the rapid pace in the early phase, when I was still scratching my head.
Think I went too fast but also too, no one knew to get discussing really. That’s sort of what makes the game is the discussion, albeit it can be straight forward and short, but it’s so important.

I enjoyed it. Probably needed a deeper read of the rules but that’s on me.

Clarkey messaging me at 11:30pm Saturday night will not be missed. I replied in some drunken/delirium stupor about something to do with kids or something.

Attachments

• 5B87E984-6D0C-48FB-9EE0-3F71DDE2D0E7.jpeg
    5B87E984-6D0C-48FB-9EE0-3F71DDE2D0E7.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 24

Tarkyn_24, you are Secret ClarkeM of the Fascist Party.

The Fascists will know your identity but you will not learn theirs. You must work together in the thread to enact Fascist policies in order to win. If after the third fascist policy is enacted, you are elected as Chancellor, the Fascists will win.

You will lose if Pie4Life is a mean little campaigneryou are executed or if the Liberals enact 5 policies.

Good luck.

I wasn’t going to question what he was up to on a Saturday night going off that text message!
I had some random dreams about kids breaking into things in my yard and yeah I have no idea what was really going through my head.

Thanks for running that Clarkey. I reckon 10 clever people with some time on their hands would make it pretty interesting.
Clever people you say
Im Out GIF

The Fascists will know your identity but you will not learn theirs. You must work together in the thread to enact Fascist policies in order to win. If after the third fascist policy is enacted, you are elected as Chancellor, the Fascists will win.

You will lose if Pie4Life is a mean little campaigneryou are executed or if the Liberals enact 5 policies.

Good luck.

Did you have an idea who we were in the end?

This is a great question! I wanted to ask Tarkyn this but think I forgot to.

I think I’d play again, now seeing those pm messages I can see how the fascists need to work. Definitely a game where you need to pay attention

Not explicitly, but that was definitely on me probably not engaging as deeply due to other things I had on this weekend.

By today I definitely did have an idea of who I would be likely to be able to influence and who I knew would be a waste of effort and time.

Good luck.
You once you realised I got to execute someone:

Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

I think I’d play again, now seeing those pm messages I can see how the fascists need to work. Definitely a game where you need to pay attention
Yeah they need to play out in the open.

The best example is Chippy investigating at the start - if he had have chosen Tarkyn, then told the room he was a Liberal, then boom - there’s a connection in the game between the two and they’ll continue to watch each other.

It’s a shame that the room was so keen to vote Nein three times in a row and thus lost the second investigation power.

I really enjoyed the game, but like I said in the PM, it might have been good to have some concrete phase deadlines. It was the third vote before I even realised the game had started and having phases will mean people are actually online at the right times to participate (plus, it's a real WW crowd, so helps make the transition to a new game easier).

The only downside for me is that the person who had the most clue about what was going on (Pie 4 Life) had to rely on card-counting in part, which isn't an appealing game mechanic to me, but that's only a minor quibble.

And I think the idea of having 2 more games of only newbies is a great one. Get a pool of players that all know how the game actually works (with helpful game mod tips) before doing more regular games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really enjoyed the game, but like I said in the PM, it might have been good to have some concrete phase deadlines. It was the third vote before I even realised the game had started and having phases will mean people are actually online at the right times to participate (plus, it's a real WW crowd, so helps make the transition to a new game easier).

The only downside for me is that the person who had the most clue about what was going on (Pie 4 Life) had to rely on card-counting in part, which isn't an appealing game mechanic to me, but that's only a minor quibble.

And I think the idea of having 2 more games of only newbies is a great one. Get a pool of players that all know how the game actually works (with helpful game mod tips) before doing more regular games.
The policy card counting is not foolproof however as anyone could lie and say they discarded a card in which they might have not. There's 11:6 Fascist Cards as there are to Liberal Cards so any attempt to count cards is ultimately futile as the game gets deeper in and there's naturally more and more Fascist cards than there are Liberal Cards. Doesn't mean you can't catch out liars yourself, however that is what the game is about. Pie 4 Life was very active in discussion with me about the mechanics of the game outside of the cards so he definitely didn't rely on that one part solely but a collection of things. It would have been great had he not hit Secret ClarkeM and the game continues as then there would be even more questions arise: Is Pie 4 Life really a Liberal? Was Tarkyn_24 a Fascist? If so, why didn't anyone try and save him? Or did they? etc.

Yeah I think I could make it work across a couple more days. It still however needs 10 active people to always be checking in and that is what sets it apart from Werewolf etc. as it's easy to lurk or stay mellow in that game which has a wider participant base.

That's the plan, hopefully find 10 more people keen to play the next game and then after that, we can just run it whenever, in between WW games etc. Think jmoo wan is keen to host one at some point?

It's relatively straight forward to host, especially if you're familiar with hosting WW Games.

I actually didn't do any card counting per say outside of "well there's a lot of fascist cards, so we're bound to have a Liberal soon" or "it's unlikely person X had what they said due to the cards that have already fallen".

What I did was take note of the voting more so than anything else. Obviously Fascists would elect other Fascists or even Hitler when the time was right, whereas Liberals would not necessarily know who they are electing. I used that, and the voting patterns of who was voting for who, along with the info from handing over cards. Obviously the latter was not always truthful, but that's the aspect of the game similar to WW) that worked for me.

I certainly didn't do any card counting in the traditional sense of "X of these have been put out, so should be this" as you can't guarantee truth, one red herring and you're off. I prefer the voting patterns and then the enacting of policies.

It would have been great had he not hit Secret ClarkeM and the game continues as then there would be even more questions arise: Is Pie 4 Life really a Liberal? Was Tarkyn_24 a Fascist? If so, why didn't anyone try and save him? Or did they? etc.
Sorry I'll try to be Chipmunk next time ;)

I actually didn't do any card counting per say outside of "well there's a lot of fascist cards, so we're bound to have a Liberal soon" or "it's unlikely person X had what they said due to the cards that have already fallen".

What I did was take note of the voting more so than anything else. Obviously Fascists would elect other Fascists or even Hitler when the time was right, whereas Liberals would not necessarily know who they are electing. I used that, and the voting patterns of who was voting for who, along with the info from handing over cards. Obviously the latter was not always truthful, but that's the aspect of the game similar to WW) that worked for me.

I certainly didn't do any card counting in the traditional sense of "X of these have been put out, so should be this" as you can't guarantee truth, one red herring and you're off. I prefer the voting patterns and then the enacting of policies.
Fair enough - I must have overestimated how much that was informing your thought.

Just read the entire thread and this looks as cool as I thought it would. I might sign up at some point as I’m usually pretty active with these games.

I feel like MWPP would kill at this btw
I've opened a new game, 6 spots left and no more. Get in!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Secret ClarkeM - Mein Kampf - Game is underway!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back