See the Bombers fly up?

Remove this Banner Ad

it is completely absurd how they were not relegated or banned in any way but merely lost players for one season. they were gifted a priority pick and a bunch of kids to test out in a nothing season anyway. their captain has not been stripped of the league's player of the season award despite winning it in the drug season. all of this is genuinely nuts. if there's a bigger joke in professional modern sport i would love to hear about it

Oh don't you people just regret foaming at your mouths for the punishment to come before any bans were handed out?
Enjoy all of our young guns tearing it up soon.

it is completely absurd how they were not relegated or banned in any way but merely lost players for one season. they were gifted a priority pick and a bunch of kids to test out in a nothing season anyway. their captain has not been stripped of the league's player of the season award despite winning it in the drug season. all of this is genuinely nuts. if there's a bigger joke in professional modern sport i would love to hear about it

So you wanted a piece of the television and stadium rights taken out for a year? I guess things don't have to make business sense when you're mashing the keyboard and foaming from the mouth.

Have no idea what your talking out. I find your post personal.and offensive.
Mate this is just how most Essendon fans are. Their ego is bigger than they realise. Carlton were hated for many years for being arrogant and cocky. This was powered by John Elliott. But thankfully we are on the right direction and are trying to change our tone. I would suggest all you bomber fans should take a deep breath and think logicly for a second.

You have been through a lot the last few years. All these targets you are getting from these GWS, Port, Collingwood, WCE supporters and many general football fans is mainly from the messages you give on match days with 'We Are Essendon' etc and on this thread now. A small proportion (maybe 25-30%) is from the success that each of the big 4 clubs have had that other clubs wish they had.

I have seen other threads where many many supporters who support smaller VIC clubs and interstate clubs hate Essendon. That is the case with Carlton and Collingwood. I am only suggesting that if you tone down you may gain the respect of other clubs that Hawthorn has with on field success and the family club
motto. But for now, yes I strongly hate Essendon. But I can see the positive direction the club is taking on field.

Mate this is just how most Essendon fans are. Their ego is bigger than they realise. Carlton were hated for many years for being arrogant and cocky. This was powered by John Elliott. But thankfully we are on the right direction and are trying to change our tone. I would suggest all you bomber fans should take a deep breath and think logicly for a second.

You have been through a lot the last few years. All these targets you are getting from these GWS, Port, Collingwood, WCE supporters and many general football fans is mainly from the messages you give on match days with 'We Are Essendon' etc and on this thread now. A small proportion (maybe 25-30%) is from the success that each of the big 4 clubs have had that other clubs wish they had.

I have seen other threads where many many supporters who support smaller VIC clubs and interstate clubs hate Essendon. That is the case with Carlton and Collingwood. I am only suggesting that if you tone down you may gain the respect of other clubs that Hawthorn has with on field success and the family club
motto. But for now, yes I strongly hate Essendon. But I can see the positive direction the club is taking on field.

Yeah that's just how most Essendon fans are... except they were responding to a West Coast supporter.

Donakebab said:
Yeah that's just how most Essendon fans are... except they were responding to a West Coast supporter.
Yeah I know I actually relised after I posted the comment. But I don't think you can edit a post once changed when I am typing on a mobile.

Their image is completely shot to pieces. Everyone I speak to outside of this forum is absolutely spot on with their assessment - drug cheats and liars. Most Essendon fans I know dont even like the club anymore. What a mess.
You're not speaking to Essendon fans.

Was a West Coast supporter hero.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People just don't get it with us bomber fans.

We don't care what others think now. We really truly don't.

We've come from a dark place where it seemed possible the entire club would just shut its doors and pack it up... such was the shock of all those players getting suspended.

But now we're back in business and came out of it quite nicely much to the disgust of hardcore Essendon haters.

Watsons medal? Who the hell cares! We don't.

We're just back next year with a decent team to watch. Simple humble footy fans. That's who we are.

If they strip Watson of the medal I bet most would be upset. He suffered the humiliation of being captain when his team when they were slapped with the greatest sancations of all time and suspended for a year. This would be another kicking he would have to get through.

But I did laugh at "shock of of all those players getting suspended" - maybe you should have stopped reading the Essendon only poster threads on your board.

Yeah yeah maybe mate..maybe.

If they strip Watson of the medal I bet most would be upset. He suffered the humiliation of being captain when his team when they were slapped with the greatest sancations of all time and suspended for a year. This would be another kicking he would have to get through.

But I did laugh at "shock of of all those players getting suspended" - maybe you should have stopped reading the Essendon only poster threads on your board.

This humiliation you talk about is only going to make him stronger.

If they strip Watson of the medal I bet most would be upset.

I think I'd be retrospectively upset.

I think it'd be personally unfair to Jobe, but it's been going for so long I don't think I could stomach the effort to really care so much - especially considering on paper we might put a pretty decent side on the park next year.

I have them 10th. At full strength they are more formidable, but there are questions, particularly around the forwards.

And no, Cale Hooker is not a key forward and if he plays there over full back Essendon are silly.

I have them 10th. At full strength they are more formidable, but there are questions, particularly around the forwards.

And no, Cale Hooker is not a key forward and if he plays there over full back Essendon are silly.

See with Essendon having Hurley and hartley in the key posts, we have the luxury of playing Hooker forward, where he wants to play.

If Cale Hooker plays a full season forward he will kick 50+ goals, bookmark it.

oh dear

Wow are essendon handing out drugs to their fans now?

Is crack now in the essendon showbag? :drunk:

Averaged 2 goals from 4 shots a game for the second half of 2015, bumped it up to 2.5 for the last 6 games once sorted his kicking out, one of the best contested marks in the game, that was all having never played forward before, will be even better at it in 2017.

I am sure you can work the maths out for 22 matches, or can you?

Remove this Banner Ad

See the Bombers fly up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back