Unofficial Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeds

Here is all the Prelim Final information you asked for :

See below

Hope it meets your needs

And now for the real thing as we know whom and when we are playing....

Let the game begin.

Go Catters

Last edited:

You misspelled "Mullin".

Tuohy's a better footballer, he's vastly more flexible, he hasn't played in the VFL since Jesus played CHF for Jerusalem.
There’s a reason he started a QF ahead of Tuohy and he didn’t disappoint.

There’s a reason he started a QF ahead of Tuohy and he didn’t disappoint.
Yeah, to tag out JHF.

Tuohy is still the better sub and given that he has not ever been dropped at the GFC, I do not think they will start now.

It's somewhat akin to people saying that Mitch Duncan will be dropped; it's not happened in fourteen years at the GFC, I see no reason why it'll suddenly happen now.

Yeah, to tag out JHF.

Tuohy is still the better sub and given that he has not ever been dropped at the GFC, I do not think they will start now.

It's somewhat akin to people saying that Mitch Duncan will be dropped; it's not happened in fourteen years at the GFC, I see no reason why it'll suddenly happen now.

Will be horses for courses. And whether we want to play a lockdown player.

Yeah, to tag out JHF.

Never ‘dropped’ but ‘managed’, Mullin did his cause no harm and has a point of difference to Duncan and Tuohy - lightning speed with the option of using as a hard tag or small defender. You’re right, Tuohy (or Duncan) won’t be ‘dropped’ but may well be 24th picked at some point.

Never ‘dropped’ but ‘managed’, Mullin did his cause no harm and has a point of difference to Duncan and Tuohy - lightning speed with the option of using as a hard tag or small defender. You’re right, Tuohy (or Duncan) won’t be ‘dropped’ but may well be 24th picked at some point.
He keeps coming back into the side, so I genuinely think that managed is managed. If he were genuinely dropped, like Rohan for example, he'd play VFL after a while.

Tuohy can be used as a hard tag or a small defender, but he can also go into midfield rotations, and he can also play forward. Mullin can't do that.

Strewart in for mullins.

Do they bring dekonning in for someone? Blicavs, stanley, bews or ollie henry is the only 4 they could do it for. It would be a massive call in any of those cases for very different reasons. However its also a very massive call to leave one of you best young stars out cos he missed a couple of weeks before the finals. Decisions decisions.

Strewart in for mullins.

Do they bring dekonning in for someone? Blicavs, stanley, bews or ollie henry is the only 4 they could do it for. It would be a massive call in any of those cases for very different reasons. However its also a very massive call to leave one of you best young stars out cos he missed a couple of weeks before the finals. Decisions decisions.

Sdk for bews i think.

However sdk for tuohy is not out of the realms of possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly. But does it make us too tall? Think we have had the right balance last couple of weeks with tall to short players.

Potentially and thats something they will have to consider. But sdk would be a good matchup for say a keefe type and could hurt him the other way so i could see it happening. Bews is obviously the least secure in the 23 along with mullin.

I'd say Stewart is in for Mullin.

Maybe SDK for Bews? Not like for like but I don't rate Bews being in the squad and think SDK should be.
Bews did a number on rioli last week. You need small lock down defenders. Kolo and henry cant play that role. Neither can touhy or duncan. Humphries is also more attacking. Ironically mullin can play that role. But he is out for stewart.

Bews did a number on rioli last week. You need small lock down defenders. Kolo and henry cant play that role. Neither can touhy or duncan. Humphries is also more attacking. Ironically mullin can play that role. But he is out for stewart.

Idk if he did a number on Billy Rioli, especially hard for the Bonglord to do anything in a game like that. I don't really care if he's in as that small lockdown defender but I don't rate him in 2024.

Idk if he did a number on Billy Rioli, especially hard for the Bonglord to do anything in a game like that. I don't really care if he's in as that small lockdown defender but I don't rate him in 2024.
So why dont you keep mullin in and replace bews for stewart then? Or do you just think we dont need small lockdown defenders despite the fact its the small fowards that regularly cause geelong trouble.

So why dont you keep mullin in and replace bews for stewart then? Or do you just think we dont need small lockdown defenders despite the fact its the small fowards that regularly cause geelong trouble.
I’d go with the smalls, Stanley doing well and will appreciate the big breaks, big decision may be SDK over Stanley if we get through and he’s a bit banged up with a 7-day break only and Grundy not his best match up.

Henry can. So can Zuthrie, so can Tuohy. We have gotten by fine without Bews

The fact that we have played 3/4 of the year with bews in the vfl says we arent that worried about it.

SDK in. Need to stop Daniher and Hipwood.
Henry and Kolo just aren't tall enough.

Tend to agree with that albeit that daniher and hipwood are generally very mentally soft.
Despite bews having done well on cameron in the past hes most at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back