Select the Forward Line

Select your starting 6 forwards

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, thought it was about time to repeat the team voting process from last year to select an AFC consensus starting-18 + 4 interchange players.

All you need to do is select your 6 starting forwards for AFC next year.

There will be another thread where you select 6 backmen, 5 midfielders & 1 ruckman, so think about your whole team 1st as no player should be selected twice.

Full Forward McLeod Welsh Biglands
Half Forward Perrie Hentschel Johnc*ck

I'd have Biglands take the ruckwork in the forward lines.

3 big marking targets in Hentschel, Perrie & Biglands.
1 good leading forward in Welsh.
2 goal kicking crumbers in McLeod & Johnc*ck.

I purposely didn't pick Mark Stevens because I believe he will hang up the boots very soon.

FF: Johncock - Welsh - Hentschel
HF: Burton - Perrie - Edwards.

Schuback should spend ample time there as well, IMHO.

I just can't fit him in the starting XVIII with midfielders like Burton and Edwards more deserving of a spot than him.

FF: Biglands Welsh Edwards

HF: Hentschel Perrie Johncock

Biglands to give some physical presence up forward. Edwards and Johncock both to have runs on the ball changing with the midfielders.

Stiffy_18 said:
FF: S. Welsh - M. Stevens - T. Edwards
HF: A. McLeod - I. Perrie - T. Hentschel
I put Mark Stevens up as an option, but I didn't pick him on the assumption her will have retired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane McGoodwin said:
I put Mark Stevens up as an option, but I didn't pick him on the assumption her will have retired.
If he does retire my forward line would be like macca23's except I would have McLeod insted of Johncock on the HFF.

Since Biglands moves from ruck to FP, I would bring in Clarke as my #1 ruckman and Hudson as his back up ;)

Stiffy_18 said:
If he does retire my forward line would be like macca23's except I would have McLeod insted of Johncock on the HFF.

Since Biglands moves from ruck to FP, I would bring in Clarke as my #1 ruckman and Hudson as his back up ;)
BTW, I hope Stevo becomes a useful player for us 2005 as it would make heck of a difference to our forward line ... but alas, I just don't like his chances. :(

FF Welsh, M Stevens, Burton
HF McLeod, Hentschel, Johncock

If Mark Stevens cant play then Perrie or Biglands would be my other options
I so hope Stevo can play though, he makes a big difference in the forward line

Welsh M Stevens Edwards
McLeod/Stiffy Perrie Hent

I would love to play Trent at CHF but I think his body needs another year or so to mature. We cannot afford to throw a player with his talent to the wolves.
If M Stevens retires I would start Krueger at FF. We need to see if this kid can play. We can't afford to leave another player on our list for 4 years before deciding he isn't up to grade.
Burton would start on the bench as a backup forward.
Edwards to start in a FP and then be rotated through the midfield.

Markthirtytwo said:
FF: Biglands - Perrie - Welsh
HF: Johncock - Hentschel - Schuback.

Need a change from the predictable.

Im a big Shuie fan and if Stevo does come up, I'd bring him in as a pinch
hitter off the bench.

I am hoping for big things from Schuie. Let's hope 2005 is his break out year.

I am only going to pick players i think will actually play this year - I think (but hope not) that M Sevens will retire, and will Kruger ever go a season with out injury ?

SO

FF Welsh Biglands Hentschel
HF Jericho Perrie Johncock

I think Biglands can play in the square giving hentschel more freedom to show his skills and football smarts (which biglands may lack)

Jericho and stiffy can give exta run down the wings and/or crumb the forward line. Jericho can be substituted for Shuback

macca23 said:
FF: Biglands Welsh Edwards

HF: Hentschel Perrie Johncock

Biglands to give some physical presence up forward. Edwards and Johncock both to have runs on the ball changing with the midfielders.
I'll go with that line-up as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Select the Forward Line

Back