Review 2024 Season Review - The Goodest, Baddest and Ugliest from the season

Remove this Banner Ad

We were actually competitive in all prime time games (Thursday/Friday/Saturday night - C7 game) :-

Vs Geelong 19 point loss (H)
Vs Melbourne 15 point loss (H)
Vs Essendon 3 point loss (H)
Vs Port 30 point win (H)
Vs Richmond 8 point loss (H)
Vs Sydney 42 point loss (H)
Vs Essendon 2 point win (A)

So 6 home games for 1-5 WL record and 1 away game for 1-0 WL record.

It was a stupid reward because of that goal umpiring stuff up last year. Very poorly handled by the AFL and also the club. I lost a lot of heart after that moment because after that game I knew we had no chance in 2024! - That was probably the reason why we fell back this year.

Maybe they should have sent the players back out postgame and replayed the last minute of that game instead and we might be in a different position today.

The club failed in many ways in 2024 and we deserved to be laughed at.

Last edited:
So...any reason why we are yet to announce Neil Balme's new role at the club?

Is it because we already have all the best of the bestest at the club and it's the record books that are wrong?

WTF is going on at this shit club?
It may be a timing issue ie his official role ends on a date in the future

Or we have the bestest and brightest and cleverest and our last 5 years have been testament to how clever we are

Is it because we already have all the best of the bestest at the club and it's the record books that are wrong?

One thing at a time.

Don't you want to find out the results of Silvers' review first?

I think you know the answer as to why his role hasn't been announced.

It's because there is no role for him

I think you know the answer as to why his role hasn't been announced.

It's because there is no role for him
Why change such a winning formula.

If Olsen was actually interested in running this as a football club, he would ask Silvers when Balme starts, and if he doesn't have an answer, then he should be sacked on the spot.

failed crash and burn GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

They would be terrified of someone competent like Balme coming to the club. Most of them are unemployable once they get the boot from the Adelaide gravy train. They're not going to risk that.

Compare this, from a club that actually made the finals, to the lap of honour we took around being moral finals makers last year.

The club's culture is rotten from the head down. They do not know what standards look like. They chase the financial sugar hits of surface level success, rather than an actual culture of achievement.

Compare this, from a club that actually made the finals, to the lap of honour we took around being moral finals makers last year.

The club's culture is rotten from the head down. They do not know what standards look like. They chase the financial sugar hits of surface level success, rather than an actual culture of achievement.

That's what happens when your board, your CEO and your head of football are all non-football people. We're run by bankers and public servants.

Whatever your opinion of Roo, how the hell is he the only football person in a senior/executive position?

We’re shrinking violets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the 90's if you told me we would become a club who misses playing finals 7+ years in a row I would never have believed you.

They would be terrified of someone competent like Balme coming to the club. Most of them are unemployable once they get the boot from the Adelaide gravy train. They're not going to risk that.
Rowe said he knows that they have not even spoken to Balme, not even approached him.

As Rowe said tongue in cheek, they think they don't need him and have got everything they need down there, it's the best ever.

Now thats its been proven that port were handed the easiest draw this year, whats the bet they actually got the two teams mixed up and their draw was what we were supposed to get in return for keaysgate? melbourne people constantly get the two teams confused - why would the fixturing guy be any different. how i dont know.

Now thats its been proven that port were handed the easiest draw this year, whats the bet they actually got the two teams mixed up and their draw was what we were supposed to get in return for keaysgate? melbourne people constantly get the two teams confused - why would the fixturing guy be any different. how i dont know.
We were never getting an easy draw due to keaysgate.

Rowe said he knows that they have not even spoken to Balme, not even approached him.

As Rowe said tongue in cheek, they think they don't need him and have got everything they need down there, it's the best ever.
"We just need to keep working harder"

It's infested the club, don't make changes, just keep trying hard and you'll get a pat on the back for effort even if you're a failure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2024 Season Review - The Goodest, Baddest and Ugliest from the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back