List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Max warren is going to have a hard time getting a shot

Closer to getting a game than Wilkins.

I don't know much about him but if Warren can lock down a small forward then he's worth persisting with. Obviously a do or die year for him coming up. Rookies not named Majak Daw don't just get elevated without playing AFL footy.

It was port from memory that had been keeping him unders wraps if I recall correctly?

Quite possibly but that's not the club I was talking about.

So wait, is wilkins really good or something? Not much was heard from him last year, but can anyone vouch for his skillset?

I wasn't saying he's really good. Just that he wasn't the extremely left field pick most people seem to think he was.

Hey RF08 what do you think of James tsitas?

Supremely underrated. He was one of the most consistent midfielders in the TAC this year averaged over 25 touches a game if I remember right. Strong at the contest and has a lot of courage. Everyone seems to label him as just another inside mid, but his outside game is solid too. Makes the right decisions by foot but I think he is underrated because he it's paticularly damaging. Would be a good pick at 30.

Supremely underrated. He was one of the most consistent midfielders in the TAC this year averaged over 25 touches a game if I remember right. Strong at the contest and has a lot of courage. Everyone seems to label him as just another inside mid, but his outside game is solid too. Makes the right decisions by foot but I think he is underrated because he it's paticularly damaging. Would be a good pick at 30.
Didn't he also win the kicking test at the combine something like 29/30

Theres a few I like there at pick 30 Hartung if he's available but if not either take Kennedy Harris or Garlett. Then for our next pick I like Tom Langdon, this kid's got very good stats and has good hands and could play that 3rd tall if someone goes down or when Drewy retires. Reads the play very well and is a possible pick up even later. I'd be happy with Tsitas as well he looks like a gooden, always need guys who are hard nuts especially us.

Swallow
Thompson
Thomas
Goldstein
Mullett

They were hardly household draft names before the draft (and with the exception of Mullett) we pulled the trigger quite early.

Swallow - was well known even the year before we he was overlooked in the national and rookie drafts. Definitely saw writeups on him at the time.

Thomas as others mentioned played national champs.

Goldstein was a bit of a bolter but had an article in the Hun leading up to the draft.

Mullett was profiled on the AFL site leading up to the draft I remember watching vids of him pre-draft and thinking he looked special. Incidentally it was his high marking which caught the eye - which hasn't been evidenced in the AFL.

Our best out of nowhere picks were probably Corey Jones, Choppy, Shannon Motlop and maybe Pratt (not sure if he was a qld u18 rep).

Didn't he also win the kicking test at the combine something like 29/30

Him and Chris Cain were two of the best I'm pretty sure.

He could easily play as a half back from the get go, but long term he will definitely be a midfielder. I'm doing the bigfooty phantom draft at the moment and he is one in keeping an eye on coming up to pick 30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Han
Ben Brown won't make it at AFL level.

Clubs need to give up on looking for key forwards at state level, it's a waste land of delistees.

The only one to make it is Jpod, and he was absolutely dominant for a number of years at VFL level, was previously on an AFL list too, and went to a very strong side where he could flourish as a second forward.

They all beat up on undersized defenders in the state leagues and get destroyed by half decent defenders at AFL level.

State defenders on the other hand are a gold mine, and will remain to be.

It's funny we haven't developed a year old 18 key backman from the draft for a LONG time, that's become an established player.

Thompson - Geelong VFL mature age
Grima - Centrals SANFL mature age
Firrito - Box Hill mature age
Gibson - Port Melbourne mature age
Colbert - Traded in
McCartney - Traded in

When you add the likes of Taylor, Morris etc to the list of success stories, I think you will find we might dip back into that pool again this year.
hansen? Or do we not consider him a "key" Backman despite being the tallest of our defenders?

All this talk of us or other clubs overlooking Garlett because he like a beer or has smoked in his life and scoffing and our 'good bloke' recruitment policy are totally missing the point.

Will he be a good and dedicated clubman? Will he put the work, the extra work and the work on top of that to make it at the elite level? Will he cope with the reviews. meetings and homework the players have to churn out to satisfy the coaches of their game knowledge?

Most of all, if he does all of the above, makes to senior level and has an impact, will he stick around for less money and repay the club its faith in order to stay successful or will he chase the money and burn the club on the way out? That is the consideration with D.G.
Shades of motlop

Him and Chris Cain were two of the best I'm pretty sure.

He could easily play as a half back from the get go, but long term he will definitely be a midfielder. I'm doing the bigfooty phantom draft at the moment and he is one in keeping an eye on coming up to pick 30
Yeah I like tsitas would be happy if he's called at 30. Do you reckon Wilson for sa would still be there at 47 looks a nice type to try develop.

What do you guys think of Korey Beard? Any mature age backman you think can have a similar story to Thompson? But other then that, I hope we make a play for Sully, Gardiner, Toohey or even Vandeleur, he seems to have the rebounding qualities we look for

I'm genuinely curious. What sort of player does the list need? Small forward seems to be on the radar. I would have thought the midfield was well sorted. Possibly room for one KPD and project ruck?

Was doing a phantom draft on the Richmond board and just took Kennedy-Harris with pick 30, would you guys be happy with that?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Back