Review Semi Final Madness: Dogs knock Hawks out in straight sets.. Who woulda thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

How good is this finals script?

Week 1 - beat - no SMASH - the form side (and last year's grand finalists) on their own dungheap where we haven't won in years.
Week 2 - knock off the reigning premiers and stop their four-peat attempt, our first win over them in 9 attempts and the biggest ever crowd we've won in front of
Week 3 - a chance to stick it right up the AFL fixers and eliminate a side gifted with 20+ first round picks and blessed with every possible advantage the AFL could give them
Week 4 - not only our first GF in 55 years and our first flag in 62 years, but a chance to get the Adelaide OR the Geelong finals monkey off our back (and if it turns out to be the COLA-cosseted Sydney Swans, well up yours anyway, Gill!)

You're on fire tonight!

Just got home from the game. (And a few sneaky beers in fed square). I've never felt so much joy in my lifetime. That was the best moment of my life. I've never felt so much joy in my lifetime. Words honestly can't explain. Im sure you guys who have ridden the highs and lows just like I have truly understand what I mean. Sticking with this team through thick and thin. You just can't describe what it's like to be a dogs fan. There's just such a strong emotional connection.

PS. This is Bonts world. We are just living in it! What a ******* awesome photo!!!

View attachment 289562

With you mate. How good was the crowd and where the F*** did they all come from? I'd call them bandwagoners but they all seemed to know the song and thousands of big "I've been following this club for so many f'ing years and I'm shell shocked" smiles abounded that you can't. That was amazing. Just watched it all again on TV. Most satisfying win I've been too and will be headed to Sydney next week.

Let's soak it in boys and girls. Something special just happened :)

So proud of the boys tonight! Definitely the best win I've witnessed and the atmosphere at the ground was amazing. What a moment for the club!

The end of the second quarter and then our entire third quarter was the best footy we've played this season by a long way. Absolutely electric! From the time Breust missed a sitter in the third until Pickens dribbling goal in the fourth I think we kicked 12 of 13 goals.

Can't fault any of our players, the effort was brilliant. Bont, Macrae and Hunter were the best three in my opinion. All stood up when the game was there to be won. Picken and Daniel continued their brilliant form and then some of the lesser likes in Dunkley and Smith stood up. I can't believe I was dropping Smith before the West Coast game, Bevo knows best, born for finals footy. His tackling was out of this world.

Can't wait for next Saturday. I'm already nervous as hell, now I'll just need to check if I can afford the flights over and then subsequently if I can get a seat in time. What type of shitheap stadium only holds 24k. Going to be a lot of disappointed dogs fans who miss out, hopefully I won't be one of them.

Go Dogs!

Side note, my favourite part of the night was probably the bay below us with hundreds of Doggies fans waving goodbye to the early leaving Hawks fans. Hope they caught it on TV when I watch the replay haha.

With you mate. How good was the crowd and where the F*** did they all come from? I'd call them bandwagoners but they all seemed to know the song and thousands of big "I've been following this club for so many f'ing years and I'm shell shocked" smiles abounded that you can't. That was amazing. Just watched it all again on TV. Most satisfying win I've been too and will be headed to Sydney next week.

this, so much

got home, watched the replay & nearly teared up at the end

smells like team spirit

I was thinking the exact same thing! We had the Hawks fans covered tonight. It was unbelievable! I've never heard a dogs crowd so damn loud! Compared to years passed, our fans truly believe we can grind out massive wins! We have the finals winning superstars on our team now! The kind of players that have killed us in the past! And the crazy thing is, the best one we have is only 20 years old!

I was absolutely shattered after the game.

But I have no idea why but I reckon I shook hands and congratulated 10 or more Dogs fans. I've never done that before ...

I'm still too numb to really make sense of it but the reality is I am genuinely happy for you.

You have a great coach. You've lost so many players but never dropped your spirit. And you play the best brand of footy I've seen in a long time.

I genuinely wish you all the best. My only fear is your belief. You only need to win one more game and you're in a Grand Final.

If there is one thing I can pass on in my sorrows having watched the Hawks be there every year for a long time is belief is everything ... If your team believes there is no way you lose to that plastic franchise.

C'mon Dogs take this baby home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What page do I go to to read our own supporters thoughts? Have gone through 4 pages and while I appreciate other teams support I couldn't really give a ****.

Wtf just happened? I love you guys, I love this club

Yeah theres a bit too much Collingwood vs Hawks vs Geelong shitfighting for my taste. Congratulate us if you want but this isnt the time or place for taking shots at each other.

My only fear is your belief.

Not sure why you'd fear for us for any reason, but let me put your mind at ease:

Two years ago our club was a shipwreck. We were cooked. Since then we have defied the odds time and time again over the last two seasons.

We made finals last year with no rights to be there with our age profile and coming from a 7-win season the year prior, losing our captain, losing our B&F winner to an ACL. This year we are through to a prelim, despite coming from 7th on the ladder and being the youngest team in the finals.

Last week we won an interstate final, the first time in our clubs history. Last night we beat the Hawks, something we haven't done at all since 2010.

There is no way we could achieve what we have over the last two years, coming from where we did, without belief.

So it wasn't just a dream after all? It was a real dream fulfilled?

C1V_zpspm9jutlu.jpg

t's raining but there ain't a cloud in the sky
Musta been a tear from my eye
Everything will be okay

The AFL dream match up. The golden child vs the orphan. The could careless vs the couldn't care less.

Well we come up against the plastic team full of campaigners with the AFL and the biggest campaigner, Fitzpatrick in their pocket. Lets give them the EJ treatment. When faced with campaigners he f......d them.

Go you doggies.

Side note, my favourite part of the night was probably the bay below us with hundreds of Doggies fans waving goodbye to the early leaving Hawks fans. Hope they caught it on TV when I watch the replay haha.

Don't call those weak ****s Hawks fans. Anyone who leaves before the siren in their teams last game of the year should hang their head. On a better note, your mob played a belter again, hope you go all the way this year, if not then your time surely isn't far away. Best of luck.

I was thinking the exact same thing! We had the Hawks fans covered tonight. It was unbelievable! I've never heard a dogs crowd so damn loud! Compared to years passed, our fans truly believe we can grind out massive wins! We have the finals winning superstars on our team now! The kind of players that have killed us in the past! And the crazy thing is, the best one we have is only 20 years old!

Hes actually 25 but looks young for his age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Semi Final Madness: Dogs knock Hawks out in straight sets.. Who woulda thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back