Preview Semi Final - Western Bulldogs vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To go to Perth and beat the Eagles at Domain Stadium....really great effort. I reckon the Bulldogs used the game against Freo in Perth as a "Lets have a look" match and to get used to the narrow and long dimensions of Domain Stadium. I reckon the Bulldogs didnt even try against the Dockers, they just wanted to through the match because a win or loss didnt matter....they were going to play the Eagles in Perth in two weeks time. Again good effort Bulldogs and all Bulldogs supporters should be very happy and proud tonight. It was a very well thought out and excecuted plan (probably starting with the loss against Freo two weeks earlier).

Good luck for the rest of the finals series.

Cheers.

Gee that time in the twos really sharpened up Jake Stringer, not.
I expect to play Hawthorn hope they have a hard hit out. Too
early for changes as there will be some sore boys after today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams for Jong for me, but obviously depends on who plays well for Footscray. McLean and Stevens should both be strongly considered.

I don't think Suckling was bad. Not exactly good but not bad. I don't quite get the comments about him being soft and not committing his body to contests; he was probably more physical tonight than he ever has been for us. It was more the skills that let him down, but even then I don't think there was anything outrageously bad. Some ill advised/failed attempts to get out of jail free, but I don't remember any horribly direct turnovers that led to goals.

I might be a little worried if we play the Hawks that he tries to do too much against his former team, but I don't think that was a drop worthy game. If he brings that same physicality AND brings the skills that he's known for that's a pretty damaging player.

Suckling is a massive show pony and doesn't fit our club's ethos. I've begun to hate him a bit as the season has gone on. But although his disposal is often just plain arrogantly dumb his experience and defensive hardness mean he just about stays.

Hope Wood is ok.

Goodbye Jong. I doubt if Stevens will play again. McLean for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back