Sentanta.....in

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue Life

Debutant
Jun 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Surely the big fella has to be in this week after yet another strong performance for the ants...even with the likely inclusion of Jammo, Sentana neeeds to be played for his..

Flexability - most of us are calling for him to come into our back 6, but he has been playing ruck (to gain fitness?) and forward in the VFL in recent weeks - he is the ideal swing man who can play CHF, CHB or in the Ruck - this is will have a positive follow on effect for the team - it allows us to waite as a pure attacking defender should we play him back - also allows us to drop Sauce in favour of someone who can play 3 positions opposed to one...and he will give our side not only a more physical edge, but make our structure more unpredicatble..Will also be able to play back on Minson when he plays deep foward.

Play him Ratts!

Surely the big fella has to be in this week after yet another strong performance for the ants...even with the likely inclusion of Jammo, Sentana neeeds to be played for his..

Flexability - most of us are calling for him to come into our back 6, but he has been playing ruck (to gain fitness?) and forward in the VFL in recent weeks - he is the ideal swing man who can play CHF, CHB or in the Ruck - this is will have a positive follow on effect for the team - it allows us to waite as a pure attacking defender should we play him back - also allows us to drop Sauce in favour of someone who can play 3 positions opposed to one...and he will give our side not only a more physical edge, but make our structure more unpredicatble..Will also be able to play back on Minson when he plays deep foward.

Play him Ratts!

*palm on forehead*

so i spose you will be the first to jump and call for him to be dropped if we lose ?

Woudnt mind him in. Could play forward back. But i think the only way he will be in in the near future is as a Ruckman. I woudnt mind his versatility. Maybe not against the dogs though.

And what absolute monster of a forward due you think Setanta will play on for the Dogs match? All 5' 1" of Brad Johnson?

I'd have Setanta come in for Wiggo if suspended and if not I'd consider playing him at CHF and giving Cloke some games in the Ants to dominate as a forward and gain some confidence.

Setanta can probably take a mark and kick a set shot as well as Cloke has and offers much more when the ball hits the ground.

I am a big fan of Cloke's and hopes he makes it (at least in the short-medium term) as our #2 KPF, however, 'frontal pressure' has been sorely lacking from our past 2 games (as very much opposed to our first 2 games) and on the back of Setanta's recent Bullants form I'd suggest he'd do everything Cloke does with added speed, mobility and defensive pressure.

And what absolute monster of a forward due you think Setanta will play on for the Dogs match? All 5' 1" of Brad Johnson?

If you actually read my post you would see that I would bring him in for Sauce....hence his main role is not to play deep back... I would rotate him through the ruck and only play him back when minson played deep forward!

im sure i read somewhere he wasnt to impressive in the 2nds.... give him another week, dogs dont have any big forwards in which Setanta can have a go at so no point bringing him in... we need pace moreso than a big bad angry carlos

The thing I like about him is his mongrel (though it can get him into trouble) and his mobility/versatility, hence if he could do what Cloke does already...but better because of his extra attributes, I'd gladly have him instead.

The only question mark I guess is, can he do just as good a job in the ruck as Cloke when he does it (I'd imagine so...) and is he as good if not a better contested mark than Clokey? It's been too long for me to remember I'm afraid, though I'm pretty sure his goal kicking is alright and even Cloke can be inconsistant in that area (though he has improved no doubt).

As for this week's game, I'm not so sure if he will be brought in, but I'd certainly like to see him come in sometime during the year and I reckon he will. But the Dogs...well I could only see it happening if Cloke or Jacobs were dropped by the MC.

Play him Ratts!

Agree I would like to see Setanta as a backup ruckman for Kruezer and also another forward target. Cloke is rubbish surely Setanta would have more presence at CHF seeing that he can actually bend down. Setanta>>>>>>>>>>>>Cloke and Jacobs. Also he can play down back if needed which frees up waite to go forward if we need. No brainer for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i would want to see him get a game. he brings a spark, flair and passion to our side that we have been missing...

Remove this Banner Ad

Sentanta.....in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back