SEQAFL Division 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Let me see if I have got this right.

Rozincki, Mcdonell, Mihlapoulos Retired
Heffernan-Roper, Dillion to PBC
Dickfos, Saunders, Lavey to Mt Gravatt
Moore and Corrie played and still had 10 walk in senior players! Who are the ten you speak of and where did they come from?
And these are the players we know about that have moved on!
roscinski will play and most likely mcdonell,
heff roper is a loss good player, dillon petrified around contest reasonable outside player
dickfos talented but lazy will get exposed against better teams, i would have played drake on him last year and expose his poor defencive actions, saunders dime a dozen - there were 4 players in the 2s and 18s as good or better, lavey hard toiler but no world beater.

Just got an interesting phone call while posting the last message.

UQ have sacked their coach. Seems several players weren't too happy about being told some home truths about their performance on the weekend. Apparently the coaches weren't too happy about the commitment to each other and the team. As I said above, the players were acting like superstars before the game, looks like they are acting like spoilt little kids after it.
who is the tip for your new coach?

That is one of the great mysteries! why would they play caloundra, wernt they div 4 last year? Must agree with 2010, why didnt aspley pick up the phone to labrador same distance away? Not that we are complaining!

Did Surfers play Robina over the weekend? Anybody watch the match, have heard along a very long grape vine that they only just got up?

Surfers beat robina by a goal in what ended up being a really good contest. I would say surfers would of had to be missing a fair few players as robina were missing 2-3 of there best players.

roscinski will play and most likely mcdonell,
heff roper is a loss good player, dillon petrified around contest reasonable outside player
dickfos talented but lazy will get exposed against better teams, i would have played drake on him last year and expose his poor defencive actions, saunders dime a dozen - there were 4 players in the 2s and 18s as good or better, lavey hard toiler but no world beater.

Agree with your assesment of the players with the exception of Dillon! Thought he was a clear BOG in granny, Rozinski was superb but it was the opinion of PBC Dillion cut us to pieces and from what I heard on Sat tore Labrador forwards a new one.

100% entitled to your opinion speedy but have to disagree here.

Agree with your assesment of the players with the exception of Dillon! Thought he was a clear BOG in granny, Rozinski was superb but it was the opinion of PBC Dillion cut us to pieces and from what I heard on Sat tore Labrador forwards a new one.

100% entitled to your opinion speedy but have to disagree here.

yes did have a good gf

who is the tip for your new coach?
Clubs sacking coaches 1 month out from season start wanna have a good hard look at who appointed them! I did see that they have been training 3 nights a week since early Nov, which IMO is far to much to expect of players at this level, both in ability to attend and consistently train at an acceptable level.
I would have thought the new kids on the block (UQ) would have no reason to swan around as a previous poster said and be more intent on going about their business quietly, busting their arse to earn respect from the competition and learning a thing or two from the opposition, but then again thats not how Gen Y go about it, they know it already!

Clubs sacking coaches 1 month out from season start wanna have a good hard look at who appointed them! I did see that they have been training 3 nights a week since early Nov, which IMO is far to much to expect of players at this level, both in ability to attend and consistently train at an acceptable level.
I would have thought the new kids on the block (UQ) would have no reason to swan around as a previous poster said and be more intent on going about their business quietly, busting their arse to earn respect from the competition and learning a thing or two from the opposition, but then again thats not how Gen Y go about it, they know it already!
All is good at UQ lads. I was very much part of the selection panel - no one is bashing themselves up here. Sometimes both parties to a relationship can have the very best of intentions and both work really hard at it (as was teh case here) but for whatever reason the connection is not quite there. Anyone who has been thorugh the process will understand the difficulties that presents to everyone involved.
Dont be mislead by the 3 times a week since Nov rumour. We have actually been training longer than that but none of the earlier stuff was compulsory. Having said that those that have done it are in good shape and we cant wait to get stuck into it.
Yes - Div 1 will be a good challenge for us but we are realistic about what that might look like at end season. Very respectful in relation to everyone who is competing well in Div 1 - am sure we will be taught a few lessons along the way but hey - that is what growing a footy club is all about.

Well said oldman. If the boys were carrying on prior to the game I would be very surprised if it was due to supreme confidence, more like nervous energy! Coming up a division and playing last years premiers would have been nerv racking for any young side, so dont think to many would have read to much into it! Good luck with filling the senior coaching position and look forward to what should be a very steep but enjoyable year for your club!

"Mr Natural23, post: 27440666, member: 141591"]Not sure how many people talking about the UQ Maggie's game were actually there because nobody is describing what I saw. I watched all three games on the weekend.

The reserves side that the Magpies fielded was made up,of past players and blokes who haven't trained. One player actually got called up to play because there were so many players being rested in both grades that they were going to be short. UQ played ok but let's be honest, they narrowly defeated a side that was in reality a thirds /fourths Magpies team.

As for the seniors, the Magpies rested a lot more players than most appear to be saying. I counted 10 who were just watching. Only three or four of the players the Magpies fielded would be considered regular seniors. So really the UQ seniors were defeated by over 100 points by the Magpies reserves.

What was most surprising was the arrogance of some of the UQ players before the game, many strutting around like superstars only to be left wanting when the game began.

Also, I have to disagree with Valias. UQ were soundly beaten in the middle with one of their best players being a young scholarship kid that they took from Mayne.

Will be a really long year for UQ.

With Hunt playing 2's on the weekend I'd care to wager that you were not as understrength as you're trying to make out. There's no misconception around the club that it will be a tough year for 1's as we try to find our footing in the division but everyone is excited nonetheless.

With Hunt playing 2's on the weekend I'd care to wager that you were not as understrength as you're trying to make out. There's no misconception around the club that it will be a tough year for 1's as we try to find our footing in the division but everyone is excited nonetheless.

Lol. Not a Westrn Magpie player or supporter. Play at another club and only attended the game to see a friend play.

Hi guys new to this. I'm currently in Victoria looking to move to qld and play. Just looking for a good club. Could someone point me in the right direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day Pedro, depends on what level of footy you want to play. Division 1 is the highest 'community' footy league in Queensland (One step down from NEAFL leagues) and there is a wide spread of clubs throughout SE Queensland.

Depending on where your planning on moving to, there will be some clubs to cover you though.

From a biased point of view, I'd love you to join UQ Red Lions. We've recently been promoted to Division 1 and have grown over the last few years as oldman1 can attest too. Having volunteered at the club for about 6 or 7 years now, I can safely say that we have a good culture, great footy lads with a tremendous challenge ahead.

You can check us out here www.redlions.org.au

If you'd like to talk more about the club, I encourage you to contact oldman1, who I consider a club legend and a bloody good bloke too!

From a biased point of view, I'd love you to join UQ Red Lions. We've recently been promoted to Division 1 and have grown over the last few years as oldman1 can attest too. Having volunteered at the club for about 6 or 7 years now, I can safely say that we have a good culture, great footy lads with a tremendous challenge ahead.

You can check us out here www.redlions.org.au

If you'd like to talk more about the club, I encourage you to contact oldman1, who I consider a club legend and a bloody good bloke too!

Maybe introduce him to the new coach, oh wait....

Remove this Banner Ad

SEQAFL Division 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back