SEQAFL Division 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

My Broadbeach Cats had a bye this weekend, so went and watched the PBC vs Springwood.Was a very competitive match, but PBC just a stronger team all day.Was very impressed by PBC player , Zane Murphy (no 12).Is a polished player..... don't know anything about him, but on todays performance , he is NEAFL material.

Stuyd,
He is one of our tassie recruits! Comes with massive wraps in the TSL. could absolutely be a quality player at neafl level, would need to improve his fitness but at only 23 has got plenty of time for that.

Overall leaderboard after round 9

Tips Margin
stuyd 41 293
BigfootyQLD 41 317
Dezario 39 358
Tiger G 38 317
Pinky951 36 269
paddlepop33 35 235
Smy1305 32 382
2010premier Suspended Suspended
Lovesthefp Suspended Suspended

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did anyone see the burleigh mayne game on the weekend and is burleighs coach full quid
Saw the game, Burleigh's coach must have mushy peas for brains if he thinks they were competitive and it was a "2 goal game", Tigers smashed them everywhere and ended up winning by 80 points. They are a disgrace. Number 3 for Burleigh (O'Brien i think his name is) is an absolute disgrace and should be ashamed of himself, should get a 20 week ban for what he did...

i read an article about the game in the gc bulletin and williams said he was going to take his players off the field.
Why? because they were getting smashed? there a disgraceful football club. more interested in knocking people out than getting the ball, and they got what they deserved an 80 point thrashing

I saw the game and it was a disgrace! What number 3 did was the lowest act I have ever seen on a football field. Why was Williams going to take his players off the field exactly?

It's all well and good to be last but to go out there with the attitude of hurting Mayne's players outside of the rules is just down right disgraceful! Play the game fairly you idiots!

The irony surrounding this is the Mayne players all wore orange laces for the 'One punch can kill' campaign.... Maybe the Burleigh boys need to take note.

It seems Mr Obrien is a serial offender, was at his sniping best when we played them and a foul mouthed disrespectful unit to our female trainer. Footy is a great leveler, there's always someone bigger and tougher and somewhere along the line things will catch up with him!

Real shame guys to read this - I reckon that in every game I've watched this year (and I missed the Burleigh game which I did hear was very ordinary) that the games have been willing at times but fair and tough. Is what makes for a very good football competition imo. maybe a rep of AFLQ needs to wander down and have a better look at Burleigh's style of play or lack of. Unfortunately most of this sort of stuff invariably emanates from the coaches box and if condoned then just festers. Apparently Jimmy W at Magpies was reported and suspended post the PBC match based on a report put in by PBC - maybe Mayne should look at doing the same?? Not saying at all that Jim's report was anything too ordinary (think he copped a week), just that precedence is there already this year.

Real shame guys to read this - I reckon that in every game I've watched this year (and I missed the Burleigh game which I did hear was very ordinary) that the games have been willing at times but fair and tough. Is what makes for a very good football competition imo. maybe a rep of AFLQ needs to wander down and have a better look at Burleigh's style of play or lack of. Unfortunately most of this sort of stuff invariably emanates from the coaches box and if condoned then just festers. Apparently Jimmy W at Magpies was reported and suspended post the PBC match based on a report put in by PBC - maybe Mayne should look at doing the same?? Not saying at all that Jim's report was anything too ordinary (think he copped a week), just that precedence is there already this year.
yeh most teams are pretty good in general from I have seen too... yeh well I hope he is suspended for at least the rest of the year because the bloke he hit wont be playing again this year apparently

Really disappointing to hear Shane Williams name get rubbished. He is one of the nicest individuals you will meet. He is the coach at Burleigh for those who are wondering. O'Brien is a complete grub, Burleigh have never had a squeaky clean image, have always played extremely physical footy, crossed the lines on occasion but what club hasn't. It is unfortunately for the good people at Burleigh, and there are plenty! rubbish humans like O'Brien bring the club into disrepute and should be dealt with accordingly. Now, for the record I was not at the game and have no idea what was done, but I have watched many PBC and Burleigh matches and he is a GRUB! should take a leaf out of some of their senior players book and put his nose over the footy instead of the crap he goes on with. I really feel sorry for the Burleigh footy club, like I said a lot of great people at that club and speaking from experience, its very disappointing when everyone gets their credibility attacked from the actions of others.

Nice bloke or not, disappointing or not Kwhit, as a coach you are responsible for the manner in which your team / club plays the game. You can control what your players do and you can make a stand as to whether you want to condone this or not. Unfortunately he has condoned it by continuing to select him and doing nothing about his match day behaviour. You even have offered that he is a "rubbish human". Why would anyone tolerate a bloke like this at their club??
As T4F said, they have a guy now who probably won't be taking part in any more of the footy season. Hopefully you find that far more disappointing.

Anyway I just hope I dont see that sort of performance again and we can enjoy some good footy for the rest of the year! up the tigers!

Remove this Banner Ad

SEQAFL Division 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back