State of Origin Series XIX Round 1: Allies v Vic Metro at the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

@Mrs Turbo will use pinch and tickle moves on @PhenomenalV1. Clearly the better wrestler too

I do love a good pinch and tickle

But PhenomenalV1 other 'wrestling' ways...

"Bare Back"
"G-Spot Sweep"
"Panty Drop Elbow"
"Tea Bag"

Won't distract my qooty game!

A video here from the BBC from 1994. They got it so right! If the video is region blocked just set your vpn location to the UK.

That would have felt like science fiction and far fetched.
As it turns out they sold it short

In 97 at uni I did a whole course on using Alta Vista. That was a very early search engine that required a lot of skill.
At that stage the internet was very academic focused.
2001 the internet when bananas for personal use.
Email became standard, AoL and Yahoo had heaps personal stuff and the chat room/forums were born. Then filesharing went crazy for music and stuff.
Things like Ask Jeeves made it easier to find stuff.
Good times.
I think it is amazing to see how quickly that computers and the internet became our life, to see happen I reckon is really cool.
Alta Vista was better than google tbh.

Alta Vista was better than google tbh.
I'm fairly sure that is some nostalgia in that comment.
It was a real skill to find stuff and you had to be very specific.
With the Google you could enter something like the actor that only dates young ladies and Leo will come up.
That is impressive.

That would have felt like science fiction and far fetched.
As it turns out they sold it short
The internet is amazing. For example today I found this genuine picture of a unicorn.
1719714060550.png

Game day! Allies we kick off our championship campaign with a soft kill. Lets look at some of the match ups.

Backs
I get to blanket OOB teammate and EKA winner myblueroan. I will distract her with travel talk and make her paranoid that there are actual vampires on the ground.

Mrs Turbo will use pinch and tickle moves on PhenomenalV1. Clearly the better wrestler too

damicky will tear Blaze Storm a new one! Cap is pumped to lead the Allies to another victory.

Half Backs
Ed_Gein has impressed in the lead up. Will be too good for top heavy gab213

HARPSichord will take a record intercept marks. We all know Senor M is too lazy if not kicked lace out.

grumbleguts has the big job on beez. He has a world class array of bee jokes set to bring beez downfall.

Mids
moginie has too much class for kickthething who kicks worse than Logan McDonald.

Grav will simply blow Bombers teammate Bovo up. No contest.

Irish BlueBagger has a massive tank and will run Elmer_Judd into the ground.

U2tigers in his favourite role as ruck will be too good for JT_the_Man who is too busy planning his admin campaign.

GWS Goose will be all over okeydoke7 in a resume performance.

crazywildhorse has too much pace for Muddiemoose. Will win every race to the qooty.

Half Forwards
PMBangers will actually go vs cooney

The Filth Wizard will take Gralin out at first bounce.

Strigoi will master the half forward craft and distract JackNah_8 by wearing a full hat.

Forwards
T2B_ easy win vs spudmaster in a tasty performance

ShaunDuggan has been up and about and will kick 10 against a sluggish NaturalDisaster

BRAB what he will do to James Colorado may not be entirely legal

Interchange
MayTheNorthBeWithU may actually come on and tag HARPSichord just for the fun of it.

tony is made for this role. I hear he's ordered a hit on one of the Metro players.

Coach
Today's coach will be Braklet. We're expecting some inspirational speeches!

Tip - Allies by 100 plus
Um…excuse me…what does wearing a full hat mean? 🤨 Every once in a while I still need to learn some Australian language. As opposed to a half hat? Whatever that is. 😯

I will destroy my opponent no matter what. 😎😈

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite our team being reigning champions, i get the impression that people from the traditional qooty states look down their noses on the Allies.

The thinking probably is what would an Irish man, some Yanks and a load of Queenslanders and folk from NSW know about Qooty?

They probably wouldn't know if the ball was stuffed or pumped etc. Well it didn't stop this team last year, and it won't stop us this year either. Go Allies.:D

What time are The Allies going down today?
We'll be going down to the ground to destroy the Victorians too stupid to leave then place sometime this afternoon

Despite our team being reigning champions, i get the impression that people from the traditional qooty states look down their noses on the Allies.

The thinking probably is what would an Irish man, some Yanks and a load of Queenslanders and folk from NSW know about Qooty?

They probably wouldn't know if the ball was stuffed or pumped etc. Well it didn't stop this team last year, and it won't stop us this year either. Go Allies.:D
Yeah of course we look down our noses. But to be fair it’s a technicality, because our noses are below our eyes

Yeah of course we look down our noses. But to be fair it’s a technicality, because our noses are below our eyes
im trying to workout how someone looks up their nose at someone

i mean unless they are hanging upside down?

I'm fairly sure that is some nostalgia in that comment.
It was a real skill to find stuff and you had to be very specific.
With the Google you could enter something like the actor that only dates young ladies and Leo will come up.
That is impressive.
Google had an algorithm which they dispensed with years ago. It found all the pages and sorted them by who had clicked on the page from a previous search. This meant that page had looked good to someone else that was clever and that's where clever stopped, once they had monopolised the search engine market because idiots liked what other idiots liked, they started charging to sort your page higher.

Alta vista, VERY SIMPLY could find exactly what YOU were looking for with the use of a few "+" and "-" prefixes.

Do you have an English version on you by chance?
Sorry, my laptop keyboard has failed, so I have another keyboard overlaying it and it occasionally adds a key from pressure from the upper keyboard pressing on the one below. However if you are too ***king stupid to figure it out for yourself, remove the "n" from the word "then".

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin Series XIX Round 1: Allies v Vic Metro at the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back