State of Origin Series XIX Round 1: Western Australia v Vic Country at Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

big_icky

Smiling Politely
Jul 26, 2023
AFL Club
Adelaide
header.png

Welcome to the West as we kick off the 19th series of Sweet FA State of Origin. Two proud sides will try and get their tournament off to the best possible start here at Perth Stadium with Western Australia tackling Vic Country.

The Sandgropers will have added motivation this time around after the Allies Series XVIII win saw them tie WA's long-standing record of four SOO titles and for Vic Country it's been a very long time between drinks, last winning the series way back in Series VIII, despite a number of star players pulling on the navy V.

LAST TIME THEY MET

lttp.png

These teams kicked us off for Series 18 a year ago and it was a high scoring thriller up at Rochester. Tigerturbulance and Tonga Bob traded blows with 5 and 4 goals respectively while the midfield units got to work, with Ocha905 a standout for Vic Country with 29 disposals on his qooty debut, still yet to play an SFA match for the Warriors at that stage. However, the Sandgropers did enough to comfortably see off VC in the end, led by beez Trophy winner Tonga Bob who picked up 3 MVP votes and would go on to be named MVP of the Series.

S37 SQUAD STATISTICS

stats.png

Western Australia bring plenty of firepower to the series including four All-SFA players in serial_thrilla, Tarkyn_24, DenieD and Falconista as well as boasting five S37 club captains. Tarks and DenieD kicked nearly 140 goals combined in the home-and-away season and will be a lethal combination to stop for any state side while newcomer BFew was arguably the best player in the competition for the final six weeks. His fellow SOO rookies in Purple Jesus and Nothing are both also coming off great form and should bring plenty to the team.

Meanwhile, Vic Country have named a few players that will surely be underdone after playing little or no football but still bring a strong side. Premiership captain Tigerturbulance will have stiff competition to lock down a ruck spot amidst Pie 4 Life, manangatang and cats_09, and there's plenty of midfield options to pick from including AnUltimateRessie, ant555, Rising Star Pamcake1 and Ocha905. Vic Country produced three All-SFA players in Wosh, AnUltimateRessie and captain Robertio but are not bringing a big goalkicker to this series with the best S37 tally going to TheGoatBaron with 39.

Captains, please submit your teamsheets by Friday 28th June at 6pm AEST

If a captain doesn’t read the OP of a match thread their team is playing in that’s not really my problem.
Tag them you coward.

croweater 41 he's attacking our former home. We're accustomed to many goals at MARS. Brilliant deck that.
I've said it once and I'll say it again Coburg in front of the changerooms on a cold gloomy Saturday in July (I have no idea of the month) is and will always be my home.

I feel as if I didn't kick many on Mars, plenty on the away grounds not as many at home games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a captain doesn’t read the OP of a match thread their team is playing in that’s not really my problem.
It was a very nice OP as well, shame on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back