State of Origin Series XIX Round 1: Western Australia v Vic Country at Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Perth actually have a peak hour?
It does, and because I was used to navigating Melbourne’s peak hour with tolls I actually find Perth’s worse as we have no tolls

Our peak hour is less spread out than Melbourne’s. Melbourne seems to have traffic at random times for unknown reasons.

What's this all about ClarkeM ? Are you the Luke Power of the Counts ruck equivalent to Brisbane's Fab 5.
Let’s just say he made a captain’s call and included someone who didn’t even get named in their own team’s side let alone anyone else’s …

At least your other teammate Robertio got some support (but less than others) was thereabouts as “captain” :)

Yeah but we call it “no right turn on Stirling Highway hour”.
Ahh the good old Private School dropoff hour

Lucky that it’s nothing a triple left can’t fix…

Must be a relief for serial that he finally doesn’t have to defend your outlandish behaviour.

No wonder he yearns for SOO so deeply.
It was quite outlandish for a full-back to kick a goal on the opposing full-forward while keeping them goalless, you’re right 🤭

It does, and because I was used to navigating Melbourne’s peak hour with tolls I actually find Perth’s worse as we have no tolls

Our peak hour is less spread out than Melbourne’s. Melbourne seems to have traffic at random times for unknown reasons.
Yeah that's Melby alright. Stupid hook turns.

The only traffic jams in country Victoria are trying to escape the city and going to one of the peninsulas (unless Metro claim them which they probably would and the Counts are too much like cucks to stop them), the bridge to Phillip Island and trying to escape Danistan to get to NSW over the Murray. So pretty much trying to escape country Victoria. I myself would escape but that's where all my stuff is.

Adelaide have hook turns too which says it all…

In truth I found hook turns fine, but I did find getting honked by impatient people behind me when I was doing the right thing giving way to a tram next to me as people were getting off or the tram was about to turn at the signal in front of me, frustrating.

The worst is coming south, where the Mitchell becomes Kwinana.

Real mad max stuff those 15 lanes of chaos and abandon
Nah further south when the Kwinana goes between South Street & Forrest Road or whatever it's called now.

Adelaide have hook turns too which says it all…

In truth I found hook turns fine, but I did find getting honked by impatient people behind me when I was doing the right thing giving way to a tram next to me as people were getting off or the tram was about to turn at the signal in front of me, frustrating.
That was just NaturalDisaster. He's a jerk behind the wheel.

The only traffic jams in country Victoria are trying to escape the city and going to one of the peninsulas (unless Metro claim them which they probably would and the Counts are too much like cucks to stop them), the bridge to Phillip Island and trying to escape Danistan to get to NSW over the Murray. So pretty much trying to escape country Victoria. I myself would escape but that's where all my stuff is.
I was going to save it for Metro but if Country wants to claim that line of talk for yourselves the Mornington Peninsula kinda sucks. It’s so meh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst is coming south, where the Mitchell becomes Kwinana.

Real mad max stuff those 15 lanes of chaos and abandon
Just one of the many reasons for northerners to be detested. Leave us and our abomination of a freeway alone.

I was going to save it for Metro but if Country wants to claim that line of talk for yourselves the Mornington Peninsula kinda sucks. It’s so meh.
Harold Holt wasn't a fan.

Just one of the many reasons for northerners to be detested. Leave us and our abomination of a freeway alone.
I’m south. But working in subi and Osborne park, getting home was more stressful than work.

Like much of Victoria it’s overrated and overpriced (the latter even relative to other parts of already overpriced Melbourne). I just do not see the fuss.

Tim Notting never got his due credit.
That team was outrageously stacked. Which says quite a bit for your mob who were able to go toe-to-toe with them for most of that era.

Tim Notting never got his due credit.
Yeah I agree, I wonder if missing out on 03 was a factor there rather than it just being due to the wealth of talent around him

I’m glad his partner Jodie Henry did though - her performance at the 04 Olympics still stands out

I’m south. But working in subi and Osborne park, getting home was more stressful than work.
A risk loading should be mandated into all WA employment contracts where your place of work requires you to travel the stretch of freeway between Mounts Bay Road and Charles St by car.

I’m south. But working in subi
Story of most of my life. These days I can opt to start and finish early though fortunately.

I’ll still take my old hours and the traffic that came with it over the long drive back from Rockingham Hospital in peak hour after a night shift. Never again.

That team was outrageously stacked. Which says quite a bit for your mob who were able to go toe-to-toe with them for most of that era.
They can have their Caracalla, Ashcroft and Hart types. We have our own answer in Kinnear, Walker, Cole and Lokan.

A risk loading should be mandated into all WA employment contracts where your place of work requires you to travel the stretch of freeway between Mounts Bay Road and Charles St by car.
Or at least the same modifications as the Mach 6

Like much of Victoria it’s overrated and overpriced (the latter even relative to other parts of already overpriced Melbourne). I just do not see the fuss.
You haven't been to the South-West. Truly god's country. Even Tarkyn_24 would agree with me on this. He has decided to move to Mortlake whenever he gets the chance to.

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin Series XIX Round 1: Western Australia v Vic Country at Perth Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back