State of Origin Series XVIII Round 4: South Australia vs Vic Metro @ Football Park

Remove this Banner Ad

SA Icon : Day Trip or Weekend Stay 3

Mclaren Vale is my foodery of choice as its 20-25minutes down the road from me . Make it your base for a further exploration of the Fleurieu Peninsula and the delights tucked away

McLaren Vale | Official Website of the McLaren Vale Wine Region

Now my 1st port of call and personal recommendation is Wirra Wirra Winery . At the end of the town limits its a aesthetically pleasing place to have a Sunday lunch or brunch and just relax

Wirra Wirra Vineyards

Their Church Block is their signature Red and just delightful.

Harrys Deli looks out to the rolling hills and vines cuddled inside a roaring wood fire - again I can recommend the menu - then step next door o the Cellar Door and pick a winner

Heading back to the Main St there are plenty of other delights and treats for all ages. Park the car and stroll down selecting a shop of choice . Playgrounds and parks are nice resting spots for adults as the kids keep going.

Just outside McLaren Vale is this

1689315505790.jpeg

Yep a winery and restaurant

But the bonus of staying in McLaren Vale are the day trip opportunities . Head down the coast and visit tucked away places like Normanville and Yankalilla or cut across to Mt Compass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SA Icon : Day Trip or Weekend Stay 3

Mclaren Vale is my foodery of choice as its 20-25minutes down the road from me . Make it your base for a further exploration of the Fleurieu Peninsula and the delights tucked away

McLaren Vale | Official Website of the McLaren Vale Wine Region

Now my 1st port of call and personal recommendation is Wirra Wirra Winery . At the end of the town limits its a aesthetically pleasing place to have a Sunday lunch or brunch and just relax

Wirra Wirra Vineyards

Their Church Block is their signature Red and just delightful.

Harrys Deli looks out to the rolling hills and vines cuddled inside a roaring wood fire - again I can recommend the menu - then step next door o the Cellar Door and pick a winner

Heading back to the Main St there are plenty of other delights and treats for all ages. Park the car and stroll down selecting a shop of choice . Playgrounds and parks are nice resting spots for adults as the kids keep going.

Just outside McLaren Vale is this

View attachment 1738168

Yep a winery and restaurant

But the bonus of staying in McLaren Vale are the day trip opportunities . Head down the coast and visit tucked away places like Normanville and Yankalilla or cut across to Mt Compass

Best get a designated driver for that trip or you'll be in Cam McCarthy territory.

Best get a designated driver for that trip or you'll be in Cam McCarthy territory.
Driving Area 51 GIF by MOODMAN

This will be the performance that marks us as the favourites to win the series.

It’ll be an enormous win.

They’ll write songs about it.
Does this song go like this

998 bottles of goals on the wall
And if one goal bottle
Should accidentally fall
Then okeydokey needs another season to call

SA Icon : Day Trip or Weekend Stay : 4

Not sure day trip is accurate but a week spent in this beautiful Port city will delight those with a sense of adventure and a taste for the sea.

Home to around 42 of Roos pubs this town boasted a world class event called the Tunarama and has a statue of Australias greatest Endurance horse Makybe Diva while the real Diva is on the back of childrens artwork all over this place

Port Lincoln, The Seafood Capital of Australia

From Shark Cage Diving to walking trails Pt Lincoln offers a wide range of Bush and Beach activities along with the attractions in the town itself

Back in the city, there are heritage walks, museums and memorials, galleries and art installations, playgrounds and reserves, and some of the best regional shopping you’ll come across. Sports enthusiasts can enjoy horse racing, golf, bowls, tennis, mountain biking, sailing, scuba diving, kayaking, and wind and kite surfing.

The foreshore plays host to water sports, swimming, town wharf and jetties, and free barbecues and picnic facilities on manicured lawns shaded by age-old pines.

252294-sharks-800x600.jpg
125254-1-800x600.jpg

SERIO-20210424-0173-1-800x600.jpg

Come to Pt Lincoln where the sharks are waiting

Does this song go like this

And if one goal bottle
Should accidentally fall
Then okeydokey needs another season to call
Yes.

Yes it does.

On Victoria, I’m glad it was split in 2 teams. It makes sense to me.

I have nothing against Vic Country, but Metro is different. “Vic bias” is actually “Melbourne bias”, and it’s unbearable.

I’m pretty sure Melbourne is full of nice people, individually. But the collective entitlement that irradiates from there feels like the city is an Ophidian Old Boys on steroids.

I’m very motivated for this game.

Lets Fight About It GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin Series XVIII Round 4: South Australia vs Vic Metro @ Football Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back