Serious questions about our forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we need Hawkins in?

Just wondering, in this the blackest of days, what everyone thinks of Hawkins coming in for 2009. Is he ready?

Today has raised some very serious questions about our forward line. I think it's time for Moons to go and, as I said in a previous post a few days ago, Lonergan should've been replaced by Vegas. Whilst it was great to see him in the team (football romantics), the hard decision should've been made and Vegas should've been in (better mark and kick) and Varcoe should not have been in for Wojo.

Big kick in the arse for the selectors today! I can just imagine Wojo's dad saying cop that! :thumbsdown:

Re: Where is the rope?

The only thing worse than losing to Hawthorn is....

Nah, can't think of anything.

All we can do now is plot revenge, what can I say.

The only worse thing losing to Hawthorn? Getting smashed by the Tiges by more than 150 points.

Nah...

I feel so sick watching this GF. What went wrong? Seriously?

The only worse thing losing to Hawthorn? Getting smashed by the Tiges by more than 150 points.

Nah...

We should have put the game out of their reach in the second quarter.

We didn't, they got a sniff. End of story...

Today has raised some very serious questions about our forward line. I think it's time for Moons to go and, as I said in a previous post a few days ago, Lonergan should've been replaced by Vegas. Whilst it was great to see him in the team (football romantics), the hard decision should've been made and Vegas should've been in (better mark and kick) and Varcoe should not have been in for Wojo.

Big kick in the arse for the selectors today! I can just imagine Wojo's dad saying cop that! :thumbsdown:

Just not good enough on the day. Simple as that

Nah...

I think it might have started with the whole 11.23 ........

Re: Do we need Hawkins in?

Just wondering, in this the blackest of days, what everyone thinks of Hawkins coming in for 2009. Is he ready?

Has to be better than the crap our forward line dished out today, flipping disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were barely good enough against the Dogs.

Reminiscient of 06, though. Long bombs to blokes who cannot take contested marks, assuming they get the chance against the 3 spare men the Hawks had back. We desperately, desperately need both Hawkins and Simpson to come on.

Indescribable devastion. Booted ourselves out of the game. Mooney a real let down. Don't know how I will get that half time goal square miss out of my mind. Forward line no doubt let us down. Though hawk pressure immense yet squandered opportunities plentiful. Not taken. I hope we can learn from this. Tom Hawkins. Your time has come. Needed straighting up today. Ablett, you are a star. You will be back and you will bring us back.

Our midfield dominated for most of the game, our backline held their best forwards.

Our forward line.......

Stokes was rubbish.

Lonergan did little.

Mooney might as well have gone home for the second half. I think 90% of people on this forum could kick that goal he missed at 1/2 time.

Rooke did nothing in the 2nd half either.

Varcoe didn't do much.

Those 5 players cost us the flag.

Chappy was alright.

Hawkins needs to turn potental into skill very soon if we want more premierships. So does Gamble.

I just hope that bomber doesn't come up with some BS excuse for Moons, Stokes, Varcoe and Lonergan's poor efforts. Today brought back nasty memories from the 90s for me. The classic choke. What more can you say? I'm guttered.

I just hope that bomber doesn't come up with some BS excuse for Moons, Stokes, Varcoe and Lonergan's poor efforts. Today brought back nasty memories from the 90s for me. The classic choke. What more can you say? I'm guttered.

Here Here. Tom Harley's speech short but admirable. I hope Bomber says it like it is. Now I need to get off this forum and think about something else. I feel like crap

The only thing worse than losing to Hawthorn is....

Nah, can't think of anything.

All we can do now is plot revenge, what can I say.
Losing to Hawthorn is the only thing worse than losing to Collingwood :thumbsdown:

The two worst teams to lose too and we lost to both this year, including the GF :mad:

Varcoe should not have been in for Wojo.

In my opinion Varcoe was better than Stokes. Worst game I've seen from a GF (and premiership) player ever pretty much. Falling over, free kicks given away, fumbling etc. Wojak would have been much better.

Hindsight is 20/20 though, isn't it.

Nah...

What went wrong? Geelong - and I mean the town as well as the club - truly thought they had this won from match one of the 2008 home and away season. Bomber said it before the finals, we are far more calm and confident this year. That's why everyone saw them as arrogant. Now they are paying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious questions about our forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back