Setanta O'Hailpin punches and kicks Cameron Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's see if Mike Sheehan writes about this after his last 2 love-in articles.

Take it from me, I watched it happen at the ground. If it was a real game he would be rubbed out for 10 at least, if not a season to be made an example of.

My question is why would he do that to a team-mate unless there is something at the club that the public doesn't know?

Sounds like he should be gone, required or not.

For the record, the kick was much less forceful than the punch, more of "push" that said f**k you. Completely disrespectful but not something that would have hurt him... still inexcusable though.

Saw it live and it wasn't pretty. Cloke was on his knees at the time after the initial scuffle when the hook came in and down he went. Took him a few minutes to get up as well. He then walked over slowly to the bench...

From reading some of the replys it seems that the above post has been missed.

If Cloke had no reason to expect any impact then this has "king-hit" written all over it, followed by the kick.

Just my interpretation of this thread / events.

To those wondering what sort of official sanction there may be, according to SEN the umps can lay charges in praccy matches in which they officiate, and there is video evidence. Dunno if the ump saw it or whether they can use that video though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how do i post a picture, i got pic's of it...
Upload to photobucket and then post the

Fev was right! He knew these Irishmen would be a threat, hence why he had the smarts to make a preemptive strike while he was in Ireland for the IR.

From reading some of the replys it seems that the above post has been missed.

If Cloke had no reason to expect any impact then this has "king-hit" written all over it, followed by the kick.

Just my interpretation of this thread / events.

Hmmm, it looked like the scuffle was ending but they were still - at least partially - in contact with eachother. Setanta threw the hook from hip or chest height and it collected Cloke who was either on his knees or making his way up. It's not as if the bloke was looking the other way. Not trying to justify it it was bad.

Plenty of cameras there and I'm sure one caught it...

Doesn't sound like any excuse can be made for Setanta here. His worth to Carlton is in terms of depth as we are not overflowing with defenders/tall utilities. A couple of injuries and we are in a world of hurt. He is also a motivating player to have in the side but now it sounds like he will be out of favour with the other players so his motivating abilities are blunted.

I think he was almost gone last year but for his contract and Aisake getting delisted must have him in a mean mood. He is very competitive and was determined to succeed as a professional sportsmen but that appears to be over, and worse still, at his age a return to hurling at the level he was at years ago is not a sure thing.

He took on Ackland last year and now Clokey. He sure doesn't appreciate undersized ruckmen ... Jeff White is damn lucky we didn't take a punt on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Setanta O'Hailpin punches and kicks Cameron Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back