Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: F!@#ing Great... sex assault allegations

Harry O tweeted they are over in Bali, presumably for O Bree's wedding, but the media are also there too keeping an eye on them. Not sure if it's just a general scoop on the premiers holidaying or they want more goss or potential pissup stories from Kuta pubs or the like, or hassling them over the sexual allegations. The media should piss off and let them holiday and celebrate in peace!

edit- here is video footage the herald sun has already put up arriving at denpasar, interestingly they focus on a particular player. I'm starting to think that this issue will be resolved quickly, because
a) police has let him travel O/S
b) collingwood has let him travel O/S

If things were bad he would be under law to stay in the state, or if the club thought he was engaged in bad things, he would be packing his bags elsewhere
http://video.heraldsun.com.au/1607503463/Pies-relax-in-Bali

Yeah I think they are just Dropping a Few Hints who it is there in that Video:mad:

Media love trying to make things bigger then they are but going overseas just to Follow the Pies:mad:

It's looking less and less likely that we have anything to worry about.

Media hears about a 'sex scandal', hears Collingwood players are 'involved' right after a premiership win, and they run with it to sell papers.

If the 'unnamed player' that we all know the name of was in big trouble, he wouldn't be allowed overseas.

My thoughts too re: not been allowed overseas if the club/police were very concerned. Not to say situation won't change later.

Guess then People are starting to think there is nothing in it

Media has nothing to bang on able as the club and coppers have kept their lips sealed.

The hun is still reporting second and third hand tripe from Spider and the Unified Association Anti Spider Lasses.

Yeah I think they are just Dropping a Few Hints who it is there in that Video

I watched a Sky News report of the players leaving Melbourne for Bali. Whilst most of the shots are of the players casually waiting around, they make a point of identifying one player (both by naming him & filming him) leaving earlier in a hurry.

I got the distinct impression they were dropping a bigger hint, compared to the Herald Sun video link posted above.

I watched a Sky News report of the players leaving Melbourne for Bali. Whilst most of the shots are of the players casually waiting around, they make a point of identifying one player (both by naming him & filming him) leaving earlier in a hurry.

I got the distinct impression they were dropping a bigger hint, compared to the Herald Sun video link posted above.

Channel 9 did the same thing:mad:

innocent until proven guilty!! I know how these nightclub football hunting girls work! Its pathetic! Go Pies!

I dont know about everyone else but I have experienced first hand being out at a club where AFL players have been and girls throwing themselves at them. They can say no but does that stop the girls continuing to persue them? definately not. From what I hear the boys have done nothing wrong, no charges have been laid and its just a 'complaint' however on the news the Pies legal team have contacted websites to remove names of the 'players' involved.

It's not about girls throwing themselves at footballers, it's not about girls sleeping with footballers, it's not about getting drunk and waking-up next to a footballer, it's about sex with multiple players without consent.

Why oh why is this such a thrill for footballers (all codes) to want to go the gangy?

It seems a little too close for mate-ship if you ask me!

It's not about girls throwing themselves at footballers, it's not about girls sleeping with footballers, it's not about getting drunk and waking-up next to a footballer, it's about sex with multiple players without consent.

Why oh why is this such a thrill for footballers (all codes) to want to go the gangy?

Thank god someone is speaking sense. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We visited a certain premiership players' family the other day (geez the medal is heavy!!!). Anyway the discussions obviously got to the incident and two things stood out -

1) The players involved are adament that they did nothing wrong and are using the 3D approach (deny - deny - deny) (good news)

2) The rest of the playing list are apparently not as convinced in their story as they are (bad news)

There may be much more to come!

Have heard from multiple sources now that there is nothing to worry about and that much of the report in The Australian was a load of shit.

The problem I have though is that the reports have already damaged the standing of the club, irrespective of whether the story is true or not. It's not something we're going to be able to 'shake' for a while.

Neil Mitchell = Flog

This

And to say that he did it to protect the identities of other Pies players is a huge cop out.

Oh yeah, he stresses that this shouldn't make us judge the players in question, but of course that's what these two will cop the rest of their careers.

If guilty fair enough, but if innocent, an unfortunate rod for their backs that should be worn by Mitchell and everyone else at 3AW

The problem I have though is that the reports have already damaged the standing of the club, irrespective of whether the story is true or not. It's not something we're going to be able to 'shake' for a while.
No question about that.

Beamsy and McCarthy will never be able to shake off the stigma even if charges aren't laid.

Neil Mitchell shouldn't be releasing the names on this fact alone. If he admits that everything may be consentual, then why strengthen that stigma?

That Andrew Lovett, Michael Johnson, Fev etc. had their names released to the media prior to charges being laid is an irrelevance. It's not the media's God given right to pry into private lives just because police are asking a couple of questions.

LOL at gutless media - as soon as one says the names, the rest suddenly scramble to get articles up.

Have heard from multiple sources now that there is nothing to worry about and that much of the report in The Australian was a load of shit.

If the Australian report is a fabrication, I hope we go after the paper. I've got no (real) issues if they published leaked information which is genuine, but if they just made it up I've got a real problem with that. Having said that, my suspicion is most of that info was from a genuine source.

That's twice in two weeks now that members of the 3AW radio team have questioned the credibility of both our club and or president. If the two players are subsequently cleared of these allegations don't be surprised if the club attempts to sue 3AW for slander. Mainly due to this

Mcguire also hit out at Mitchell's accusations that media outlets had been threatened with legal action by the club if they revealed the players involved.

"But to put the word 'club threat' (makes it) sound like we're bullies. It is a complete an unmitigated lie and misrepresention of (the) situation."

Interesting times ahead!

Interesting that now they have been named, the story has changed to suggest that they are both witnesses only, and they were interviewed because they were at the house, not becuase they were involved.

Got to love how unimportant our win has become to so many people.

I'm already for our next premiership to shut these people up!

He should be taken to court for revealing the names. He has ruined these guys lives forever now even if they are found not guilty. What a flog, I never listen to him and I never will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sexual assault allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back